HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Mark Mitera vs Ty Wishart vs David Fishcer

Old
03-13-2007, 08:50 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by RallyKiller View Post
I never called him a future #1 defensemen, but a guy who can play on your top shutdown pairing, I just happen to like his size, positioning, and overall fundamentals over more 'toolsy' guys like say David Fischer who may have more upside but aren't as polished.
I could never, ever see Mitera as a top shutdown pairing defenseman, though. I just don't think he's good enough to shut down the elite players in the NHL. I mean, yeah he's improved a bit over last year but he still plays the same exact game. Not much difference to my eyes from year to year.

Fischer has some really great fundamentals, though. I know you're an Anaheim fan and you want Mitera to be great and all, but I think you're really discounting Fischer. The guy is "the goods". He's got great offensive potential, he's already a very solid defender in his own zone for the most part, and he just ahs much more room in his game to grow compared to a Mitera.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2007, 12:48 AM
Randall Graves*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rx View Post
I could never, ever see Mitera as a top shutdown pairing defenseman, though. I just don't think he's good enough to shut down the elite players in the NHL. I mean, yeah he's improved a bit over last year but he still plays the same exact game. Not much difference to my eyes from year to year.

Fischer has some really great fundamentals, though. I know you're an Anaheim fan and you want Mitera to be great and all, but I think you're really discounting Fischer. The guy is "the goods". He's got great offensive potential, he's already a very solid defender in his own zone for the most part, and he just ahs much more room in his game to grow compared to a Mitera.
No, i'm just doing what everyone does on HF, overhype my teams prospects, because we all know every first rounder will be a star, and my favorite teams mid round pick is a future superstar, even though i've never seen him play.

You get where I'm going now?

Randall Graves* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2007, 01:20 AM
Form and Substance

I saw David Fischer a couple of times, I really like this pick. Even though his numbers are ****, He's a really good no.5-6 D in Minnesota and I expect him to anchor their d-corps in 2 years. He really looks like a great 2-way defenseman with a great attitude. I hope for the habs sake he can fill Souray's role while being more defensively responsible (even though he'll never have Souray's canon).

Form and Substance is offline   Reply With Quote