HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Erie Otters v Kitchener Rangers tonight

Old
02-23-2007, 01:16 PM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Erie Otters v Kitchener Rangers tonight

Hey guys. I've been really busy this year so I haven't been able to follow much in the way of prospects, but I was hoping someone could point out a couple of players I should keep an eye on tonight when I watch the game.

Also, where is Myles Applebaum playing now? I remember him starting the season with the Rangers, but can't find him on an active roster.

Thanks.

02-23-2007, 01:22 PM
SchwenningerWildWing

Send a message via ICQ to SchwenningerWildWing
Downie for Kitchener. 31 pts in 15 games since he was acquired. For Erie I think Torquato and Palmieri (both 07 eligible) are quite interesting

SchwenningerWildWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2007, 01:24 PM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

Cool, thanks for the tips! Yeah I'm more interested in '07 eligible guys, but I'll try to keep an eye on as much as I can.

coolguy21415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2007, 01:42 PM
Kevin Forbes
Hockey's Future Staff

Apparently Applebaum injured his shoulder in October and left the team to ponder his future in hockey.

If you're looking to watch up-and-comers, pay attention more to Erie as a whole. Their whole team seems stocked with '89s and '90s.

Kevin Forbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2007, 02:17 PM
WesternCollegeHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Forbes View Post
Apparently Applebaum injured his shoulder in October and left the team to ponder his future in hockey.
It's a shame that his hockey career is pretty much over by his 19th birthday when, if he had stuck with his college commitment to Michigan State, his career could just be starting.

WesternCollegeHockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2007, 02:18 PM
derbyfan

This game is going to be uuuuuuuugly. Kitchener absolutely destroyed Erie a couple of times fairly recently...

derbyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2007, 02:24 PM
Kevin Forbes
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternCollegeHockey View Post
It's a shame that his hockey career is pretty much over by his 19th birthday when, if he had stuck with his college commitment to Michigan State, his career could just be starting.
From what I was able to read, part of the reason why his career came to at least a pause was because he was constantly suffering from injuries.

Old
02-23-2007, 03:28 PM
Boomhower

Quote:

If you're looking to watch up-and-comers, pay attention more to Erie as a whole. Their whole team seems stocked with '89s and '90s.
Which is probably why they lose by 4 or 5 goals most nights.

Josh Kidd and Anthony Peluso are two really big guys ('07 eligible), but are more project picks, probably in the mid or late rounds.

For Kitchener, Dan Kelly and Nick Spaling are two '07 eligibles on the rise.

Boomhower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2007, 04:37 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
From what I was able to read, part of the reason why his career came to at least a pause was because he was constantly suffering from injuries.
Exactly - a ton of skill, but his body just isn't cut out for the game. Multiple shoulder injuries will make a kid rethink his career path.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2007, 05:13 PM
Bam Beet*

How has Victor Oreskovich been playing lately for those who watch Kitchener games?

Bam Beet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2007, 09:42 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakic's-A-Legend View Post
How has Victor Oreskovich been playing lately for those who watch Kitchener games?
He's been playing well (had a crappy game tonight though). Lots of chances, flying around the ice.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2007, 09:44 PM
DTownWingsfan

How did Kindl look?

DTownWingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2007, 10:18 PM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTownWingsfan View Post
How did Kindl look?
Tonight he looked pretty average.. Got knocked off the puck quite a few times, wasn't really connecting and passes. He has a nice shot, though. He'll look real good on the point of a PP. Overall the entire Kitchener team looked awful tonight with perhaps the exception of Halischuk, who impressed me with the effort he put in at both ends of the ice, and with his backchecking.

The two players I was most impressed with were both on Erie: Zack Torquato and Shane Taylor. Taylor especially was all over the ice, playing well on both ends, and though Erie's goal was given to Peluso, I'm pretty sure Taylor tipped it in. Torquato was great on the forecheck, and was about the only working facet of the Otters' transition game. Overall the game was really, really poor in terms of passing for both teams, and though Kitchener was better, neither team really deserved a win.

I don't know how highly touted Azevedo is, but he looked terrible tonight (though I did meet his parents and girlfriend tonight, who's pretty hot). One game does not a player make, so I'll try not to judge them all just from tonight. I'm going to another game in a week or so, and hopefully I'll see Downie then.

Palmeiri seemed not to really start playing until the last 10 minutes, when he started using his body to get position. He's got some pretty good wheels, too. Peluso looked a lot more comfortable in the offensive zone than back on defense. He also had trouble clearing the front of the net, and took a completely unnecessary penalty.

I didn't take a notepad, so that's about all I can remember.. Weber had an okay game. Frank Grzeszczak on Erie looked bi-polar. He'd make a great play, then the next time he had the puck he'd cough it up completely..

coolguy21415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 02:22 PM
VOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternCollegeHockey View Post
What is that you are trying to say? That college is so soft that Applebaum would not have to worry about shoulder injuries since hitting is frowned upon and almost banned in the CCHA????

VOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 07:01 PM
Kevin Forbes
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by VOB View Post
It was a "Jump to Conclusions" mat. You see, it would be this mat that you would put on the floor... and would have different CONCLUSIONS written on it that you could JUMP TO.