HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Low has cracked ribs

Closed Thread

Old
12-10-2003, 11:57 AM
c-carp

vCash: 500
Low has cracked ribs

The paper didnt say how long he would be out, hopefully not long. The thing that suprised me is that they mentioned Hereema taking his spot in the lineup.

To me Hereema doesnt need to play on the 4th line, they should call up McLaren, Yablonski or another player who can fill that role properly.

Old
12-10-2003, 12:28 PM
Irish Blues

vCash: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by c-carp
The paper didnt say how long he would be out, hopefully not long. The thing that suprised me is that they mentioned Hereema taking his spot in the lineup.

To me Hereema doesnt need to play on the 4th line, they should call up McLaren, Yablonski or another player who can fill that role properly.
Agreed. After hearing about how Q was aggravated at Heerema's defensive play, bringing him back up to play on the 4th line is puzzling. Seems like it will do nothing but eat up more of his confidence.

12-10-2003, 02:12 PM

The Blues would have to sign Yabo first. If a tough guy gets recalled it will be McLaren.

Old
12-10-2003, 03:51 PM

Not that it means anything, but McLaren is not dressed for tonight's Cats game.

Old
12-10-2003, 04:17 PM
topshelf331

Send a message via ICQ to topshelf331 Send a message via Yahoo to topshelf331
Neither is sejna. Is he scratched, hurt, or what?

Old
12-10-2003, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by topshelf331
Neither is sejna. Is he scratched, hurt, or what?
As far as I know Sejna is not injured.

Old
12-10-2003, 05:43 PM
ATG

Quote:

Tucker=Brick wall?Still don't know how Low got hurt on that check

Last edited by ATG: 12-10-2003 at 05:47 PM.
Old
12-10-2003, 06:07 PM
dragonwyck

vCash:
Quote:
...who can fill that role properly.
Reed Low doesn't even fill that role properly. He doesn't fight enough. His play has regressed. He doesn't know when to play the puck and when to play the body. He's easily among the worst players in the NHL. And, anyone who's thinking about taking a cheapshot at one of the Blues' players is much more afraid of stickwork from Pronger or Tkachuk than they are Reed Low.

Old
12-10-2003, 10:23 PM
c-carp

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonwyck
Reed Low doesn't even fill that role properly. He doesn't fight enough. His play has regressed. He doesn't know when to play the puck and when to play the body. He's easily among the worst players in the NHL. And, anyone who's thinking about taking a cheapshot at one of the Blues' players is much more afraid of stickwork from Pronger or Tkachuk than they are Reed Low.
I think he does the role fine, the rules hamper tough players nowadays more than anything. If someone doesnt want to fight the penalties are too stiff if you dont give them a choice.

Old
12-10-2003, 10:25 PM
c-carp

Quote:
Originally Posted by 210
The Blues would have to sign Yabo first. If a tough guy gets recalled it will be McLaren.
I guess McLaren deserves a shot fiirst he has nothing left to prove in the AHL. Yabo was Impressive in camp though. That kid can Punch.

Old
12-11-2003, 03:28 AM
execwrite

The paper this morning says Heerema is coming back up to St. Louis. Maybe someone else (Nickulas?) will drop to the fourth line and Heerema will play with Weight and Drake???

Old
12-11-2003, 03:31 AM
Blueski

Quote:
Originally Posted by execwrite
The paper this morning says Heerema is coming back up to St. Louis. Maybe someone else (Nickulas?) will drop to the fourth line and Heerema will play with Weight and Drake???
Oh I hope not. I have loved Nicklaus's play with Weight and Drake. He has speed that I didn't know he had before. I like that line. Let Hereema play a few games on the 4th line...remember, he has been scratched for how many games now? Get him back to playing a little again before throwing him out there for 15-18 minutes a night. That is how people get injured.

Old
12-11-2003, 03:47 AM
dragonwyck

vCash:
Anyone that's familiar with Q should know that if Hereema is the one called up, he will be put on the 4th line.

Old
12-11-2003, 05:56 AM
execwrite

Quote:
Anyone that's familiar with Q should know that if Hereema is the one called up, he will be put on the 4th line.
Old dog = new tricks? Maybe?

Old
12-11-2003, 06:26 AM
c-carp

Quote:
That is a bad move, we have noone in the lineup now capable of filling the enforcer role. McLaren should have been called up.

Old
12-11-2003, 06:44 AM
dragonwyck

vCash:
Quote:
That is a bad move, we have noone in the lineup now capable of filling the enforcer role. McLaren should have been called up.
I've said it before and I'll say it again... no cheapshot artists is not going to do his dirty work just because some goon is sitting on the bench. If someone seriously goes after a Blue there are a number of players... Mel, Weight, Pronger, Tkachuk, Danton, etc... that will get redemption some way or another. The only purpose a goon fills these days is to get the crowd into the game and Low can't even do that often enough.

Old
12-11-2003, 10:24 PM
c-carp

Quote:
I've said it before and I'll say it again... no cheapshot artists is not going to do his dirty work just because some goon is sitting on the bench. If someone seriously goes after a Blue there are a number of players... Mel, Weight, Pronger, Tkachuk, Danton, etc... that will get redemption some way or another. The only purpose a goon fills these days is to get the crowd into the game and Low can't even do that often enough.
Lets use tommorow's game vs the Jackets for example, would you wnat any of those you listed tangling with Jody Shelley if he gets running around? The most likely to do it would be Mellanby and you dont want him fighting that Kid. Its a bad trade off for the Blues even if he does well.

Old
12-12-2003, 03:36 AM
dragonwyck

vCash:
You do know that most talentless goons already know who their fighting before the game even starts, right? The talentless goons figure this out in the pregame warmups. So, with no talentless goon in the Blues lineup, there's really no point for the BJ's to start their talentless goons.

Old
12-12-2003, 04:50 PM
c-carp

Quote:
You do know that most talentless goons already know who their fighting before the game even starts, right? The talentless goons figure this out in the pregame warmups. So, with no talentless goon in the Blues lineup, there's really no point for the BJ's to start their talentless goons.
Your full of Crap. Apparently the Blues are going to call up Mclaren so the point is mute. If they would have went enforcerless for long it would have came back to bite them in the ass.

Old
12-12-2003, 04:52 PM
c-carp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arankys
Well the problem is a tough team like Stl dont play too brave without a true enforcer watching there back. C-carp you could hope that the Blues get run all game and lose to get this team to give Mclaren a shot.
Heck Burnett,Doull and Zinger are all in the league right now so there is hope.
Another poster here who is pretty relaiable said in qanother thread that the Paper and radio in Worcester said Mclaren is going to play against the Kings tommorow.

Old
12-12-2003, 05:07 PM

It may have been on the radio but it wasn't in the newspaper today.

Old
12-27-2003, 10:30 AM
execwrite

Quote:
McLaren is getting a lot of credit from Quenneville, Osgood and Weight for firing up the Blues last nite against Colorado by fighting Worrell.

I guess the players don't understand that fights only stir up the fans.

Old
12-27-2003, 10:33 AM
c-carp

Quote:
Originally Posted by execwrite
McLaren is getting a lot of credit from Quenneville, Osgood and Weight for firing up the Blues last nite against Colorado by fighting Worrell.

I guess the players don't understand that fights only stir up the fans.
The players definatly understand how important that role is. Its just that some fans dont.

Old
12-27-2003, 11:31 AM
dragonwyck

vCash:
Did McLaren fight Worrell because Worrell did something to a Blues player?

No.

Did McLaren fight Worrell because the team needed a burst?

My money is on yes.

Good for McLaren.

He did his job.

Just like Mayers could have done it.

Old
12-27-2003, 11:53 AM

McClaren won the fight, just as he has done just about every time he has fought Worrell...would Mayers have won?

I don't ask that sarcastically (well, maybe a little)...but if you fight to get your team going and get your ass kicked does it really do anything for the team?

Closed Thread