HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Low has cracked ribs

Closed Thread

Old
12-27-2003, 12:01 PM
dragonwyck

vCash:
No, Mayers wouldn't have beat Worrell which I why he probably would have fought someone else (Cummins?) if it was he was the one that had to do the deed.

Old
12-27-2003, 03:11 PM
c-carp

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonwyck
No, Mayers wouldn't have beat Worrell which I why he probably would have fought someone else (Cummins?) if it was he was the one that had to do the deed.
I think Mayers figures he doesnt have to scrap anymore. In the last game vs Columbus noted Heavyweight David Ling challenged him all the way across the Ice and Mayers wanted no part of it.

Old
12-27-2003, 03:13 PM
c-carp

Quote:
Did McLaren fight Worrell because Worrell did something to a Blues player?

No.

Did McLaren fight Worrell because the team needed a burst?

My money is on yes.

Good for McLaren.

He did his job.

Just like Mayers could have done it.
mayers would have gotten his ass handed to him. You have to be competative in the fight for the momentum to swing your teams way.

Old
12-27-2003, 03:14 PM
c-carp

Quote:
Cummins would have also handed Mayers his ass. Mayers got lucky there though Cummins was a scratch.

Old
12-29-2003, 09:30 AM
dragonwyck

vCash:
I'd just like to point out that McLaren's presence in the lineup on Friday did not prevent Demitra from getting injured.

Old
12-29-2003, 09:37 AM
c-carp

Quote:
I'd just like to point out that McLaren's presence in the lineup on Friday did not prevent Demitra from getting injured.
He was injured on a clean hit. How was McLaren suppost to prevent that. You are always going to have injuries in a contact game. McLarens scrap with worrell did exactly what it was suppost to do, light a fire under a flat teams ass.

Old
12-29-2003, 09:51 AM
dragonwyck

vCash:
First of all, the hit was far from clean. Demitra was standing a good 5 feet away from the scrum for the puck that was going on along the boards and whoever hit him was still in full stride when he plowed over the puckless Demitra, thus it was both charging and interference. I've also heard it was elbowing but I didn't get to see the replay.

That said, whether or not the hit was legal is irrelevent. McLaren still should have gone out there and pummelled his ass.

However, my point was, as it was earlier in this thread that cheapshot artists aren't not going to do what they do just because there is someone on the other bench that could kick their ass.

Old
12-29-2003, 09:58 AM
c-carp

Quote:
First of all, the hit was far from clean. Demitra was standing a good 5 feet away from the scrum for the puck that was going on along the boards and whoever hit him was still in full stride when he plowed over the puckless Demitra, thus it was both charging and interference. I've also heard it was elbowing but I didn't get to see the replay.

That said, whether or not the hit was legal is irrelevent. McLaren still should have gone out there and pummelled his ass.

However, my point was, as it was earlier in this thread that cheapshot artists aren't not going to do what they do just because there is someone on the other bench that could kick their ass.
You seem to be anti fighting yet you want retribution. We play Colorado again and the players will square that up.

Old
12-29-2003, 10:08 AM
dragonwyck

vCash:
No, I'm not anti-fighting. I love a good hockey fight as much as anyone. My point is simply that I dislike what fighting has evolved to in the NHL. In the past, when someone pissed someone else off and they would go at it. Today, players go at it to make the crowd happy... is basically nothing more than a fabricated fight.

And, I know you don't want to believe me but I have heard more than one fighter say that they already know who they are fighting long before the game starts and that it is even talked about in the pregame warmups.

My point about McLaren is simply that if you do have a 'hockey skill' challenged player on the roster, then he needs to do his job and retribution is one of those jobs.

And, just to clarify, if someone like Salvador was on the ice when the hit happened, then I'm disappointed that that person didn't take care of it right then and there.

Old
12-29-2003, 10:25 AM
execwrite

Quote:
No, I'm not anti-fighting. I love a good hockey fight as much as anyone. My point is simply that I dislike what fighting has evolved to in the NHL. In the past, when someone pissed someone else off and they would go at it. Today, players go at it to make the crowd happy... is basically nothing more than a fabricated fight.

And, I know you don't want to believe me but I have heard more than one fighter say that they already know who they are fighting long before the game starts and that it is even talked about in the pregame warmups.

My point about McLaren is simply that if you do have a 'hockey skill' challenged player on the roster, then he needs to do his job and retribution is one of those jobs.

And, just to clarify, if someone like Salvador was on the ice when the hit happened, then I'm disappointed that that person didn't take care of it right then and there.
You make some very good points. An enforcer should retaliate for cheap shots as well as stir up his sleeping teammates.

Old
12-29-2003, 01:06 PM
c-carp

Quote:
Originally Posted by execwrite
You make some very good points. An enforcer should retaliate for cheap shots as well as stir up his sleeping teammates.
The rules as much as anything are what are handycapping enforcers nowadays, in my opinion.

Closed Thread