Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > vBookie Hockey
vBookie Hockey Bet on games, series, and tournaments

vBookie Event Request Thread

Closed Thread

Old
04-09-2007, 09:43 PM
joolzie

vCash: 500
It doesn't really matter to me either way, to be honest.

I don't have a specific team in the playoffs, just some I would prefer to win more than others. However, I'm a bit of a nerd and really superstitious and if I did, I would probably like the same person to post all the events for my team. An argument could be made of what happens if you don't like the person posting your events, think they're bad luck to your team or something... I dunno. I'll go with whatever, I'm easy. :)

Old
04-10-2007, 11:31 AM
joolzie

________'s link http://www.donbest.com/odds-nhl.htm has series odds up, but just for the overall winner, not how many games.

Whaddya guys want to do about posting? We must decide today! The playoffs depend on us, or something. :)

Old
04-10-2007, 02:28 PM
Systemfel
Global Moderator
Hockey Talk by Country

vCash: 50
Just post events with the overall winner.

Old
04-10-2007, 07:14 PM
someguy44

Ok, since you two would prefer the "I" do the whole series including every game, then we'll do it that way. It doesn't matter I guess. I'll just hope the odds will be up by the time I post them, which will be very very early.

I'll take the SJ vs Nas & Nucks vs Stars series.

Ok, add the Calgary vs Detroit series to my list.
I've done my three so I'm doing more than my share. Now, you guys decide on what to do with whatever's left.

Last edited by someguy44: 04-10-2007 at 07:46 PM.
Old
04-10-2007, 10:04 PM
Jade

Guys...

I thought I had Pens vs. Sens and Sabres vs. Isles?

I don't want to do the WC. I can't chance them going into triple some OT, those won't ever be settled until the mornings. So much for a schedule.

I"ll do Buffalo vs. Islanders and NJD vs. Tampa then I guess...

Last edited by Jade: 04-10-2007 at 10:13 PM.
Old
04-10-2007, 10:13 PM
joolzie

It's my fault, I'm an idiot! I'm sorry! Somehow it got in my head that Sens/Pens wasn't spoken for. Not malicious, I swear, you can have it back and I'll go forward with NJ/TB. Or maybe it's best I just stay away, I seem to be having issues. :)

Old
04-10-2007, 10:23 PM
Jade

Quote:
Originally Posted by joolzie View Post
It's my fault, I'm an idiot! I'm sorry! Somehow it got in my head that Sens/Pens wasn't spoken for. Not malicious, I swear, you can have it back and I'll go forward with NJ/TB. Or maybe it's best I just stay away, I seem to be having issues.
Nah...I'll take the Devils vs. Tampa Series.

I have:
Buffalo vs. Isles
New Jersey Devils vs. Tampa

joolzie:
Ottawa vs. Pittsburgh
Atlanta vs. New Rangers
Anaheim vs. Minnesota

someguy44:
Calgary vs. Flames
San Jose vs. Nashville
Dallas vs. Vancouver

Why do I get the feeling I'll be stuck with the AHL playoffs and Memorial Cup since you guys took 3 each? You tricksters!

Old
04-10-2007, 11:01 PM
someguy44

The chances of Calgary or the Flames advancing is 100%. I don't like those odds cause I'm a Nucks fan and therefore, would naturally hate the Flames.

Old
04-13-2007, 08:55 AM
Jade

Can one of the Mods please sticky the first rd series vBookies please?

Old
04-23-2007, 11:22 PM
someguy44

Ok, who's doing Rd 2 series? You guys know I'll get Van vs Anaheim and we all know Jade gets NYR vs Buff. So, who wants the last two? I don't want to do any more than just 1 series in this round.

Old
04-23-2007, 11:23 PM
Jade

Joolzie is handling the Calder Cup playoffs.

I'm taking in Rd 2:
Buffalo Sabres vs. New York Rangers
New Jersey Devils vs. Ottawa Senators

I'm assuming Someguy44 will take:
Anaheim Ducks vs. Vancouver Canucks
Detroit Red Wings vs. San Jose Sharks

Last edited by Jade: 04-24-2007 at 12:01 AM.
Old
04-23-2007, 11:57 PM
someguy44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade View Post
Joolzie is handling the Calder Cup playoffs.

I'm taking in Rd 2:
Buffalo Sabres vs. New York Rangers
New Jersey Devils vs. Ottawa Senators
Detroit Red Wings vs. San Jose Sharks

I'm assuming Someguy44 will take:
Anaheim Ducks vs. Vancouver Canucks

Edit: I guess I can take Wings and Sharks too. Warning, if any of those games into crazy OT, it will NOT be settled until the morning.*Odds are not yet available.
Ok, I didn't realize Joolzie was doing AHL playoffs. I'll take the Sharks vs Wings series from you just to make it easier for you. Btw, if the Nucks lost tonight, I probably won't do another Vbookie event for a long long time.

Old
04-24-2007, 12:00 AM
Jade

Quote:
Originally Posted by someguy44 View Post
Ok, I didn't realize Joolzie was doing AHL playoffs. I'll take the Sharks vs Wings series from you just to make it easier for you. Btw, if the Nucks lost tonight, I probably won't do another Vbookie event for a long long time.
Thanks. Yeah, after this season I just won't have time to do vBookies. So I'm hoping that my team makes me a happy girl in June so I can go out with a bang.

Old
04-24-2007, 08:38 PM
someguy44

Quote:
Thanks. Yeah, after this season I just won't have time to do vBookies. So I'm hoping that my team makes me a happy girl in June so I can go out with a bang.
Same here. Wouldn't it be weird if you beat all the "New" city teams and the Nucks had to go through Brian Burke's Duckies, then face Bertuzzi and finally meet up with their expansion brothers, the Sabres? I would love that. However, the Nucks have a much much harder road ahead of them than the Sabres do. I think the Sens are your only threat to get to the finals.

Old
04-25-2007, 11:37 AM
joolzie

Just as a note, odds for today's AHL games are being elusive. I'll put them up if they turn up in the next couple of hours.

Old
04-27-2007, 07:01 AM
Systemfel
Global Moderator
Hockey Talk by Country

Will there be WHC events to bet on?

Old
04-27-2007, 09:24 AM
joolzie

I'm planning to do some, but I thought I'd wait until the games were a little more evenly matched. Right now we've got stuff like Russia with a 0.025 payout against Denmark at 27.50 payout.

Old
04-28-2007, 02:27 AM
Kipper

World Hockey Championships!

Someone please post these games! Lots of international flavour on this board.

Old
04-28-2007, 03:28 AM
Muscle Bob

Agree.

Old
04-28-2007, 06:28 AM
Systemfel
Global Moderator
Hockey Talk by Country

Quote:
Originally Posted by joolzie View Post
I'm planning to do some, but I thought I'd wait until the games were a little more evenly matched. Right now we've got stuff like Russia with a 0.025 payout against Denmark at 27.50 payout.

Old
04-28-2007, 08:27 AM
Pfft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joolzie
Not quite the best justification--there are international fans here who would appreciate the chance to bet on their team regardless of the odds. Wouldn't it be more honest to admit that you don't think these games matter as much or that you simply don't have the time to post all of them? Either explanation would be understandable, especially as you are the ones doing us a favour by creating these events.

Old
04-28-2007, 09:44 AM
joolzie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfft View Post
Not quite the best justification--there are international fans here who would appreciate the chance to bet on their team regardless of the odds. Wouldn't it be more honest to admit that you don't think these games matter as much or that you simply don't have the time to post all of them? Either explanation would be understandable, especially as you are the ones doing us a favour by creating these events.
No, because those aren't especially accurate reasons as to why I'm not posting them. Perhaps "At those odds, I don't think there will be a lot of interest" would have been more accurate and it would have left room for debate; sorry.

In any event, calling me dishonest and putting words in my mouth really doesn't go far toward making me want to hop up and post the events.

If there are international fans here who would appreciate the chance to bet on their team regardless of the odds, saying specifically "I am a fan of X and I would like to bet on my team regardless of the odds!" would work a lot better, or there's always the option of becoming a sponsor and posting the events one's self.

Last edited by joolzie: 04-28-2007 at 10:15 AM.
Old
04-28-2007, 10:21 AM
joolzie

There are no odds up yet (in my usual places) for tonight's AHL games, and I'm going out for the afternoon so I won't have the chance to post them should they show up.

Old
04-28-2007, 01:20 PM
Jade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfft View Post
You know, for all these people that want these vBookies and seem to be regular vgamblers, you always have the option of becoming a sponsor and posting these events yourself. joolzie has already stated why she's not posting these events, and no one should even have the nerve of trying to call her out for it. If you want it so bad, post it yourself! Hell she's doing all the Calder Cup events herself.

People seem to constantly like to forget that we VOLUNTARILY do these events. Hence giving our time freely to do these with no other reward besides betting on them ourselves. All we receive in return is complaints when we occasionally mis-settle an event once every 50-100 vBookies or so. Someguy and I have already given up doing these after the season, as of right now I wouldn't recommend pissing joolzie off. She seems like the only person willing to do them afterwards.

And I'm not just attacking you Pfft, just everyone that can be or everyone that already is a sponsor that can decide to make events but choose not too. You know who you are if you call the vBookie section your second home on HFboards.

end rant[/]

Old
04-28-2007, 02:09 PM
someguy44

Quote:
You know, for all these people that want these vBookies and seem to be regular vgamblers, you always have the option of becoming a sponsor and posting these events yourself. joolzie has already stated why she's not posting these events, and no one should even have the nerve of trying to call her out for it. If you want it so bad, post it yourself! Hell she's doing all the Calder Cup events herself.

People seem to constantly like to forget that we VOLUNTARILY do these events. Hence giving our time freely to do these with no other reward besides betting on them ourselves. All we receive in return is complaints when we occasionally mis-settle an event once every 50-100 vBookies or so. Someguy and I have already given up doing these after the season, as of right now I wouldn't recommend pissing joolzie off. She seems like the only person willing to do them afterwards.

And I'm not just attacking you Pfft, just everyone that can be or everyone that already is a sponsor that can decide to make events but choose not too. You know who you are if you call the vBookie section your second home on HFboards.

end rant[/]
This is completely OT. Joolzie is a girl??? I had no idea. I thought you were the only girl posting events here. Too bad her team (I think it's the Hawks) aren't in the playoffs and ours are.

Closed Thread