Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: Sharks @ Flames

Old
02-25-2007, 01:00 AM
abracanada

vCash: 500
200 goals with 20 games left to play. This is a different team. I don't really care if they dominate going into the playoffs, as long as they start doing it, in the playoffs. They may not be playing like it now, but they do have the players who are capable of it.

Last edited by abracanada: 02-25-2007 at 01:46 AM.
abracanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 01:32 AM
Fleury14
Kipper

Huselius only played 10:25 tonight, 2nd lowest on the team (only behind Ritchie).

Fleury14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 01:48 AM
Phaneufed
Thrashers Fly 4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleury14 View Post
Huselius only played 10:25 tonight, 2nd lowest on the team (only behind Ritchie).
Yeah, I don't really understand why Playfair would do that.

Phaneufed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 01:56 AM
abracanada

He may be sending him a message. Huselius still managed to score two points. He will respond. When Huselius is playing his game, he is one of the best players on the ice.

Old
02-25-2007, 03:10 AM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by abracanada View Post
He may be sending him a message. Huselius still managed to score two points. He will respond. When Huselius is playing his game, he is one of the best players on the ice.
or could it be that San Jose spent almost 11 minutes on the PP? although i hope it was a message that he needs to cut his shifts down because he ALWAYS extends his shifts longer than his linemates

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 02:11 PM
Jared Ramsden
Hockey's Future Staff

Send a message via AIM to Jared Ramsden Send a message via MSN to Jared Ramsden Send a message via Yahoo to Jared Ramsden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogbert View Post
Step 1: Give puck away in own zone

Step 2: ?

Step 3: Profit
The careless play in their own end seems to be getting worse ....Lazy, soft clearing attempts....Just hammer it off the boards and out! No need for the fancy passes in the own zone....That all being said, I thought the D did a good job down low last night, but the forwards need to do a better job helping out....

2011-12: The start of a new making the playoffs streak!

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/CalDevil3219
Jared Ramsden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 02:59 PM
abracanada

Are the Flames catching Tanguayitis? Maybe everyone is thinking make that pretty pass...even in their own end. Tanguay can get away with making the fancy play, Warrener? Hmm, not so much.

I do appreciate the way Stuart handles the puck in our own end. He carries the puck out of the end with confidence and efficiency.

Old
02-26-2007, 11:49 AM
Cactus Jack

Send a message via MSN to Cactus Jack
This game for me just reinforces how bad Rhett Warrener is. You get deked out and then beat in a foot race by Mike Grier? Terrible. I'm sounding like a broken record, but Rhett, despite being a good guy, is my whipping boy right now: overpaid, not physical, injury prone and often out of the lineup, and weak defensively for a supposed defensive defenseman. This guy is done in my opinion, and it seems that despite the cut in ice team he has seen lately, he's still the team's biggest liability. Warrener makes these Boughner-like turnovers every game now it seems.

But the 4 goals against weren't Kippers fault. Warrener gives Grier a free pass, Phaneuf falls and yields a break away, and Hamrlik gave McLaren a nice one timer pass from the faceoff dot. With good defense, that's a 7-1 blowout.

Still, they found a way to win and that's the bottom line. This is a game they could have easily lost...

Cactus Jack is offline   Reply With Quote