HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

HF Article on trades RE: prospects

Old
03-02-2007, 09:48 AM
dank

vCash: 500
HF Article on trades RE: prospects

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/9472

Quote:
Alex Bourret Deal
Analysis: Another Thrasher move to push towards the postseason moving their second former first rounder in three days. They acquire a solid two-way forward that should help them in their playoff push and importantly get back a 2007 pick after trading two of them in the Tkachuk deal. The Rangers seem to be looking toward the future, but it may not be too far away with Bourret already contributing at the AHL level. There are, however, serious concerns about work ethic for the 20-year-old.

Bourret is a gritty scoring forward that is very strong on his skates and has good offensive instincts and should help the Rangers in the near future.

Winner: NY Rangers. Bourret is a top-end prospect and could go on to a solid career in New York.

Prospect upside: Top six forward.

NHL arrival: 2008-09
Quote:
Sean Avery Deal
Analysis:
The New York Rangers were keen on acquiring grit and toughness and Sean Avery was their target. They also acquired prospect John Seymour who is basically a long shot prospect throw-in to the deal, taken in the seventh round in the 2005 NHL draft. In return, the Los Angeles Kings received Jason Ward, a decent roster player, as well as Jan Marek, a European player the Rangers drafted in 2003 as a 23-year-old. Now 27, it is uncertain if Marek will ever come to North America. The final piece of the puzzle is Marc-Andre Cliché, a gold medal winner for Team Canada at the 2007 World Junior Championships. Cliché was drafted in the second round of the 2005 NHL draft, 56th overall.

Winner: At first glance the NY Rangers are the winner of this deal because of the certainty of quality they received in return. The Los Angeles Kings have a question mark in Marek coming to North America and Marc-Andre Cliché's offensive ability at the NHL level.

Prospect upside (John Seymour NYR):
In all likelihood, Seymour will be nothing more than a career AHLer. If he hits his absolute peak potential, he could be a fourth-line energy player in the NHL.

Brief style overview: Fourth-line energy, physical player.

NHL arrival: Unlikely
more info on Alex Bourret and John Seymour and a reason to actually smile about our organization (Sean Avery + Alex Bourret)..

Last edited by dank: 03-02-2007 at 09:54 AM.
dank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2007, 10:01 AM
trench23

Sorry guys if this was addressed already- though i didnt see it-
Is Bourett playing for the Wolfpack yet? if so how was his first game or two? Do we know what line he is playing on/who his linemates are? I am very excited about this pick, just hope he does not turn into pavel brendl with that work ethic..

trench23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2007, 10:08 AM
dank

Quote:
Originally Posted by trench23 View Post
Sorry guys if this was addressed already- though i didnt see it-
Is Bourett playing for the Wolfpack yet? if so how was his first game or two? Do we know what line he is playing on/who his linemates are? I am very excited about this pick, just hope he does not turn into pavel brendl with that work ethic..
dont know much about Pavel Brendl but i do know that if he keeps getting in the faces of Devils/Baby Devils like below, then i like him a lot.. he is playing with the Pack, but i am not sure about the lines.. best bet is to check the GDT thread a couple days back vs. Lowell (baby devils), it was his first game..

Old
03-02-2007, 10:30 AM
Levitate

I don't think Brendl ever had the aggressiveness in his game that Bourret reportedly does.

Someone made the comparison before, but it might be more accurate to compare Bourret to Dubinsky, who also had some concerns regarding his conditioning. I think Dubi is even on record somewhere saying how much he hated doing conditioning stuff.

But by now, Dubinsky is in good shape and his work ethic isn't being questioned. Hopefully the same happens with Bourret.

edit: Brendl's game also involved a LOT of floating and waiting to get into position to receive a pass and get a shot off. He didn't create a lot on his own, partially because his skating sucked.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2007, 11:28 AM
dank

yea, i remember reading somewhere that Dubinsky said himself that he was not a "gym rat", that he didnt enjoy/love going everyday.. i think that thats fair, but then eating right and going/working out when you need to is different..

i dont care if these kids LOVE the gym, like Brind'amour, as long as they go when they need to to work on what they need to.