HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Could Doughty go #1 in '07?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-24-2007, 01:06 AM
  #1
HabLover
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Sandspit
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,463
vCash: 500
Could Doughty go #1 in '07?

Any chance of this happening?

The more I see the kid and with the numbers he's putting up, the minutes he's logging w/Guelph, I don't think #1 is out of the question is it?

HabLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 01:10 AM
  #2
JSmith81x
Your weapon is guilt
 
JSmith81x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: illinois
Posts: 2,718
vCash: 1000
Seems unlikely, as he's a 2008 Draft-eligible.

JSmith81x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 01:10 AM
  #3
Rare Jewel
Patience
 
Rare Jewel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Leaf Land
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,546
vCash: 500
doughty is in 08




and he probley will go number #1 him or stamkos

Rare Jewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 01:18 AM
  #4
Ex Storm
Dig out your soul...
 
Ex Storm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,075
vCash: 500
At this rate, he'll finish his 17 year old season tops in the league for points by defensemen. Ryan Wilson is only 4 ahead of him but he's done nothing in weeks while Drew's been on a tear.

As for his draft position (in 2008, not 2007) - first overall is not out of the question. His skill for a defenseman is ridiculous, he's solid defensively, he's got decent size. Stamkos is very skilled, but I think a defenseman of Drew's calibre is more rare and more worthy of going first overall than a typically highly skilled early first round forward.

Ex Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 01:41 AM
  #5
Bam Beet*
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,137
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaberlefan15 View Post
doughty is in 08




and he probley will go number #1 him or stamkos
Isn't Tavares in 08? Or is it 09?

Bam Beet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 02:01 AM
  #6
Ex Storm
Dig out your soul...
 
Ex Storm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakic's-A-Legend View Post
Isn't Tavares in 08? Or is it 09?
2009 for Tavares.

Ex Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 06:13 AM
  #7
Ryan Van Horne
aka Scribe
 
Ryan Van Horne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,025
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Ryan Van Horne Send a message via Skype™ to Ryan Van Horne
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabLover View Post
Any chance of this happening?

The more I see the kid and with the numbers he's putting up, the minutes he's logging w/Guelph, I don't think #1 is out of the question is it?
Technically, he is 2008 eligible. If you were wondering whether he could go first this year if he were eligible, then I would argue yes. He is a very good defenceman who would be considered right up there with Alzner, IMO, probably better. That would give him a chance go No. 1 this year. Very smart with the puck and dead calm under pressure what I hear from a veteran OHL watcher, although I must admit I haven't seen him.

Ryan Van Horne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2007, 08:15 AM
  #8
hockeylife
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 86
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm in a Teacup View Post
At this rate, he'll finish his 17 year old season tops in the league for points by defensemen. Ryan Wilson is only 4 ahead of him but he's done nothing in weeks while Drew's been on a tear.

As for his draft position (in 2008, not 2007) - first overall is not out of the question. His skill for a defenseman is ridiculous, he's solid defensively, he's got decent size. Stamkos is very skilled, but I think a defenseman of Drew's calibre is more rare and more worthy of going first overall than a typically highly skilled early first round forward.
I completely agree

hockeylife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2007, 04:27 PM
  #9
FTowwn
Registered User
 
FTowwn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 810
vCash: 500
not eligible until 08, but yes he could. Depending on the team with the first overall selection. Easily the best dman in the draft, by far. The only other player coming to close to his skill level is Steven Stamkos who is by far the best forward available in the draftr that year. It will be a toss up between those 2, guaranteed.

It depends on the team, but if i had the choice, Stamkos would be my number 1 pick.

FTowwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:58 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.