HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Newest Red Line Report

Old
02-24-2007, 01:59 AM
Rabid Ranger
2 is better than one

vCash: 500
Newest Red Line Report

Kyle does a nice rip job on a couple of players:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/hocke...february_x.htm

Rabid Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 07:51 AM
Hiishawk

Cherepanov was a mess in the first game but he picked it up after that and was a constant threat in the last two games. Still, his occasional sleepwalk shift can't help but be noted.

Hiishawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 08:15 AM
VOB

Amazing how much stock is put into these tournaments and no disrespect to R.L because all other scouting services do the same. One tournament Cherepanov is a hero and the next one he's a goat....oh well such is life in your draft year.

VOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 10:02 AM
fighterflea1*

Anybody who has or has had a 17-18 year old knows better than to look for consistency. For different reasons, experienced players in the NHL are up and down over the course of a week. Has Forsberg lit it up in Nashville so far? If any player in the tournament was nursing an injury, would Red Line know about it? I don't see how you throw out a prospect like Cherepanov unless the kid shows a complete disinterest in playing hockey. As a Flyer fan, I would still love it if they went for him, despite Red Line. If the skill level is there and the kid has a discernible interest in playing in N. America, I'm all over him as a prospect.

fighterflea1* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 10:09 AM
Matt Foley*

"One other first-round candidate who deserves comment is Vladimir Ruzicka, who continues (in Red Line's eyes) to show the potential to be a massive bust and future headache for whichever club allows itself to be seduced by his skill level. We suggest the Czech center needs to add about 2 pounds of muscle to his frame — preferably in the gaping hole in his chest cavity normally occupied by a heart in normal human beings."

Ouch.

Matt Foley* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 11:43 AM
jay-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Foley View Post
"One other first-round candidate who deserves comment is Vladimir Ruzicka, who continues (in Red Line's eyes) to show the potential to be a massive bust and future headache for whichever club allows itself to be seduced by his skill level. We suggest the Czech center needs to add about 2 pounds of muscle to his frame — preferably in the gaping hole in his chest cavity normally occupied by a heart in normal human beings."

Ouch.
Gotta love Red Line. At least they are not afraid to tell their honest take about the negative sides. This is what their 2004 draft guide said about one of the allegedly slowest-footed players in the draft:

"2. Wes O’Neill — Roughly the same turning radius as a school bus. Has pioneered the concept of the human turnstile."

jay-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 12:39 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

I'm not a big fan of those reports...but hey, it's just my opinion...

Freaky Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 02:07 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
"Tristin Llewellyn: Has not progressed one iota since he dominated at the U.S. Select 15 Festival in 2004. Unless he develops more in the next three months than he has in the past three years, stock will plummet."

Pretty much true. Tristan runs the risk of being completely overlooked this draft as Carter Camper was the last draft (and we ALL know how hyped Camper was the year before his draft).

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 10:45 PM
Brandinho

Send a message via AIM to Brandinho Send a message via Skype™ to Brandinho
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Prescription View Post
"Tristin Llewellyn: Has not progressed one iota since he dominated at the U.S. Select 15 Festival in 2004. Unless he develops more in the next three months than he has in the past three years, stock will plummet."

Pretty much true. Tristan runs the risk of being completely overlooked this draft as Carter Camper was the last draft (and we ALL know how hyped Camper was the year before his draft).
It's tough to think highly of someone named Carter Camper.

Brandinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 10:50 PM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyug View Post
You obviously have not been blessed with rooting for a Krog.

Old
02-24-2007, 11:45 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by fyug View Post
I actually like the guys name. It screams hockey, to me. Don't know why. Just sounds like a hockey name.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 05:58 AM
mercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Prescription View Post
I actually like the guys name. It screams hockey, to me. Don't know why. Just sounds like a hockey name.
I must admit, having a "hockey name" really appeals to me discussing players. "Alexei Cherepanov" is a good one. "Bates Battaglia" is another. My favorite of all time is "Steve Konowalchuk." You hear that name and know EXACTLY which sport that man plays.

mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 11:37 AM
The Viking Fury

We should all send a copy of this to Ruzicka lol. I like what I read about Voracek in that article, and Turris. Hmmm how can the Caps draft BOTH of them? Witht he [blank] pick the caps select Jakyle Turracek?

The Viking Fury is offline   Reply With Quote