HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

GDT: Red Wings @ Predators - 2.24.07

Old
02-25-2007, 08:43 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
Great game. Great crowd. The Dead things had a lot of lower bowl tickets, which is unfortunate, but it is much better than in years past.
Probably because the Joe lower bowl tickets are all sold off to corporations, where as the Preds (having corporate support problems) plenty of lower bowl tickets for everyone!

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 11:39 AM
hdw

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenWheel View Post
And Legwand was +2 Kariya was +4

Did Lidstrom really play 29 1/2 minutes, and over 30 the night before?!
What a horse! His legs must have been about to fall off, no wonder he was minus three. Along with playing Nashville of course.
Lidström's style of play allows him to that every night.
He spends lot of time on the ice, but he spends very little energy due to his annoying ability to be at the right spot without having to skate like mad to get there.

But it's one thing I don't get about the +/- figures from the game.
How can Preds be +20 and Wings -19 when the total goal difference is only one goal?

hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 12:21 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdw View Post
Lidström's style of play allows him to that every night.
He spends lot of time on the ice, but he spends very little energy due to his annoying ability to be at the right spot without having to skate like mad to get there.

How can Preds be +20 and Wings -19 when the total goal difference is only one goal?
you don't get a + when you score all your goals on the PP ... Holmostrom's hatty was a PP Hatty

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 03:43 PM
tulsytrid1

Did it seem that Detroit led with their elbows on a lot of their hits last night. The Cross check to Marty's head was pretty bad too.

tulsytrid1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 08:44 PM
Jarnberg

What a game last night. Alot of heart from the guys to come back like that. Not having Sullivan and Hartnell really took its toll last night, but I thought the "4th line" guys all played good last night. Tootoo had a whale of a game. Big props to the grinders for stepping it up last night.

You knew that when Detroit got that PP late in the third that they were going to score. I'd love to see our PP get more clutch goals. That being said, nice clutch goal at the end to tie it up. Kariya and Forsberg played fantastic last night. Erat, so so.

That was one of the more fun games I've been at. Still sucks to have Detroit come in and grab a point though. They were pretty tired but still played solid.

Still a big win regardless. I loved walking out of the arena hearing two Wings fans talking behind me. One went "Did Forsberg even play tonight?".

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 09:07 PM
Jarnberg

lol.. the Wings GDT had more talk about a fake fish being thrown on the ice (obviously to make fun of the octopus), yet claim that we are trying to steal their tradition...

Of course then the usual pot shots that our fans actually cheer at the games, we have fun and make fun of a few of their players and of course have to throw in that every fan listens to country music.

Old
02-26-2007, 06:37 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdw View Post

Because all the Wings goals were PP goals which don't count towards +/- ?

Old
02-26-2007, 07:29 AM
FissionFire

Also, one of the Preds goals was with the goalie pulled, so 6 players get a + instead of the usual 5. Hence the +20 vs. -19.

As for "Wings fans", I'd suggest cruising a forum devoid of the childish pre-teens who troll this area. Most "real" fans who actually have jobs and attend games and speak without using words like "dude", "bro", and "awesome" as staples of the vocabulary have long-since moved on to better boards and use this place to only interact with out-of-town fans. Really, I think the only problem most Wings fans have with Nashville are the quotes constantly coming from Poile about making sure the team gets a "maximum revenue sharing check". It just sounds bad and is easily taken the wrong way. If the Preds were self-supporting, no REAL hockey fan would give 2 cents if they were in Nashville. I know I wouldn't. Poile and Leipold just come off as extremely greedy with their comments. As for "bad Woings fans", of course comments like this tend to get your team/fans flamed in the GDT's:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashville108
You might as well not have a team 2 years from now. The league is running out of 45 year old free agents for you to overpay, and the ones you have now are going to retire soon.
Enjoy a free link: http://www.redwingscentral.com
Our GDT: GDT Wings @ Preds, 2/26
Stop by, play nice, and we welcome you. Stop by, flame Detroiters, expect to get roasted. Just keep in mind the GDT's like to poke fun at other teams and players (you can blame me for that) so try not to get too upset and defensive. We love hockey, and smart fans and the more anti-Nashville threads you see there, the more you know it's turning into an actual rivalry. Remember, we compare you guys with Colorado, so the rivalry is much bigger in Tennessee than it is in Detroit until you bounce us in the Conference Finals or something like that.

Rock on Nashville. Hope to see you guys over at the boards next game.

Last edited by FissionFire: 02-26-2007 at 07:39 AM.
FissionFire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2007, 08:24 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by FissionFire View Post
As for "Wings fans", I'd suggest cruising a forum devoid of the childish pre-teens who troll this area. Most "real" fans who actually have jobs and attend games and speak without using words like "dude", "bro", and "awesome" as staples of the vocabulary have long-since moved on to better boards and use this place to only interact with out-of-town fans.
HFboards is full of tools but it also is full of gems, many of the best are found right here on the Preds board. Most of the Preds fans on HFboards not only have jobs but are season ticket holders.

Quote:
Really, I think the only problem most Wings fans have with Nashville are the quotes constantly coming from Poile about making sure the team gets a "maximum revenue sharing check". It just sounds bad and is easily taken the wrong way. If the Preds were self-supporting, no REAL hockey fan would give 2 cents if they were in Nashville. I know I wouldn't. Poile and Leipold just come off as extremely greedy with their comments.
Funny, then why does the trash talk you see coming from Wings fans (well actually it's not just contained to Wings fans) towards the Preds revolve around calling people rednecks/hillbillies, making fun of the name of the arena, etc.

Quote:
As for "bad Woings fans", of course comments like this tend to get your team/fans flamed in the GDT's:
Yeah, there are always trolls.

Quote:
Enjoy a free link: http://www.redwingscentral.com
Our GDT: GDT Wings @ Preds, 2/26
Going to the official Preds forums is asking for a headache. I personally try to stay away from boards just for one team, like LGW and RWC. It's nice to have a big mix of fans from various teams, especially on GDT.

Quote:
We love hockey, and smart fans and the more anti-Nashville threads you see there, the more you know it's turning into an actual rivalry. Remember, we compare you guys with Colorado, so the rivalry is much bigger in Tennessee than it is in Detroit until you bounce us in the Conference Finals or something like that.
It's been an actual rivalry as far as I'm concerned since the first playoff matchup between the two teams.

Old
02-26-2007, 01:43 PM
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to Basher Send a message via MSN to Basher Send a message via Skype™ to Basher
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade View Post
HFboards is full of tools but it also is full of gems, many of the best are found right here on the Preds board. Most of the Preds fans on HFboards not only have jobs but are season ticket holders.
Uhh, not everybody has a job or season tickets. However, I will still consider myself a gem.

Basher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2007, 01:55 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

If Poile was using the Revenue sharing money for the wrong reasons, I could understand the angst. As it stands, the man is putting the money directly into the team....Yeah he is a small market guy, but there should be no question about his dedication to the Predators and the NHL.

02-26-2007, 02:53 PM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
If Poile was using the Revenue sharing money for the wrong reasons, I could understand the angst. As it stands, the man is putting the money directly into the team....Yeah he is a small market guy, but there should be no question about his dedication to the Predators and the NHL.
No matter what our franchise did with the money, big market fans will feel like we stole their bike. There will forever be a grudge with the fact that big market teams are helping small market teams. Not only do they have to give money but they can't outspend teams like they could in past.

If we ever beat a big market team in the playoffs, especially an old one, all you will hear about is how we used their money to beat them. Mark it.

Old
02-26-2007, 09:20 PM
FissionFire

I don't think Poile is misusing the money at all. He's going awesome with it. I just think Leipold and Poile have said things they probably regretted and hence have earned the anxst of quite a few hockey fans (the brilliant comment about spending only enough to qualify for the maximum under revenue sharing is probably top on that list).

Couple that with the belief many hold that Leipold was one of the central "advisors" to Bettman who forced the 04-05 season to be cancelled and there is a lot of (misplaced?) ill-will towards the owners and by proxy the franchise. The fact that it isn't self-supporting is just fuel to the fire.

Winning a series, or a Cup, won't stop any of it. The only way it stops is when the Preds win without having to get the NHL handout. Until then, most people will never give the franchise the credit it deserves.

Old
02-26-2007, 09:22 PM
FissionFire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basher View Post
Uhh, not everybody has a job or season tickets. However, I will still consider myself a gem.
You're lucky then. Freaking ticket prices in Detroit usually require a 2nd job. Refreshments are located next to the banker's booth where you sign up for a 2nd mortgage.

Old
02-26-2007, 09:32 PM
FissionFire

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade View Post

Funny, then why does the trash talk you see coming from Wings fans (well actually it's not just contained to Wings fans) towards the Preds revolve around calling people rednecks/hillbillies, making fun of the name of the arena, etc.

Yeah, there are always trolls.

Going to the official Preds forums is asking for a headache. I personally try to stay away from boards just for one team, like LGW and RWC. It's nice to have a big mix of fans from various teams, especially on GDT.

It's been an actual rivalry as far as I'm concerned since the first playoff matchup between the two teams.
#1 My point exactly. Sadly, the quality of Pred fan on HF is higher than the quality of Wings fan. Most of the mature Wings fans long ago migrated away from here to RWC because the Wings forum moderators here are garbage and we're just as annoyed and fed-up with the stupid comments and insults as you guys are.

#2 See Above. Wings forum fans here are pretty much the bottom of the barrel. Unlike most other teams, the top-tier Wings fans left because of crappy moderators who allows BS like you are referring to in the Wings forum.

#3 Agreed on GDT's. One reason I always invite people rooting for the other team to stop by RWC during a game and post some thoughts or reactions. I tried posting in GDTs here for the Wings but got turned off by the BS pretty quickly.

#4 To you guys, it is a rivalry. To Detroiters, it's just another team like Anaheim or San Jose. We have more hatred towards Calgary and Edmonton (even Anaheim and "pillow-man" Giguere) than Nashville. Like I said, everything to us compares to Colorado and nothing between the Preds and Wings has come close to that level. If you think Wings fans here are brutal now, just wait until you bounce us from the playoffs. That might be all it takes to bring back shades of the Colorado-style hatefest.