HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Blue Jackets @ NYR GDT 2/24/07 7:00 PM ET (MSG)

Old
02-25-2007, 12:19 AM
Balej20*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellasLEAF View Post
you can relax guys, I am a huge HUGE Lundqvist fan. He is an incredible young goalie and you should count yourselves lucky to have him.

I was just testing you, trying to guage the feeling of Montoya coming in next season or Hank continuing to be the guy.
I think they should trade both and just go with Weekes as the #1. That's what I think!

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 12:37 AM
in the hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellasLEAF View Post
you can relax guys, I am a huge HUGE Lundqvist fan. He is an incredible young goalie and you should count yourselves lucky to have him.

I was just testing you, trying to guage the feeling of Montoya coming in next season or Hank continuing to be the guy.
for starters lundqvist has been one of the very few reliable rangers since december, after his shaky start, actually one of if not the only ranger to play as consistent and well as he has for as long as he has.. with the season he had last year, and assuming the first couple months were just a fluke, which btw the defense deserves a good portion of the blame there, but anyway.. he is the last player we should be looking to trade, with or without montoya

the intangible factor is key as well.. he is adored by the fans here, and extremely popular and charismatic.. it would be a horrible move

in the hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 01:14 AM
peanutbuttacallytime
#therightway

I went to the game tonight..after i waited outside for autographs, and Al trotwig (sorry for abolsutely killing the name lol) cameoutside and has a good 20 min conversation with a bunch of fans, he himself seemed very upset with the rangers and vented to the fans. He went on about how this team cant expect to win when they never take the puck to the net, and saw their stadegy tonight as pointless. Other inresting things i picked up on was when asked from another fan about scott gomez, that he would be nothing here because the switch for NJD system to ours would not benefit him and he would be another bure or holik. He also said that from what he sees in the locker room Jagr should not be the captain of this team, and said he is nothing compared to former rangers captains, but he also said that you cant take the "C" away from him now. I also heard something about Jags and Aaron ward being in a fight, but i didnt catch all of that.

Anyway guys, tonights game was just plain frustrating and as much as i hate to admit it....hockey season is over

peanutbuttacallytime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 01:15 AM
WheresBarnaby

If I hear Montoya mentioned one more time as "our savior" I think I'm going to puke. I know we're all here under a website entitled Hockey's Future, but thinking every rookie is going to be gold is just silly. The majority of players in the AHL will NEVER be NHL players. I don't mean to be overly harsh and I'm sorry If I come off that way, but we need to be realistic. There's nothing wrong with the guys we have. The NYR have never been short on talent. We've got talent coming out of the ass. Leadership, responsibility, and getting everything to mesh, has been the problem for every year post 1994.

Last edited by WheresBarnaby: 02-25-2007 at 01:20 AM. Reason: punctuation
WheresBarnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 02:25 AM
Son of Steinbrenner

At some point Lundqvist is going to need a game off why not callup Montoya for THAT game?

If it were me I'd start him next Saturday against St. Louis..

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 06:05 AM
Chimp

Montoya should change his last name to "Bandwagon" so I can hear about "Bandwagon" after every loss this team has.

Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 08:03 AM
Kaktus*

If Straka is out, you guys want York? NYR fans love York.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 08:17 AM
chosen

Funny, or maybe sad, to see a game like this and have Malik be perhaps the most singled out player to dump upon yet again when he had nothing to do with the defeat.

Again, he does not have a minus game while the stiff Rachunek goes minus two.

Someone should tell Rachunek that when you shoot you're supposed to aim AT the net, not away from it.

I'm beginning to wonder, like a few other posters here, what is the big deal with Girardi. I can't find one thing he does well. The only good thing you can say about him is that he might get better.

Those calling for Nylander to leave don't understand that that also means Jagr leaves. Once we are eliminated I have no problem trading any of the Czechs if the price is right.

Lundqvist is the only untouchable on this team unless Pitt wants to give us Crosby. The only way that could happen is if Sather was the GM of Pitt. Unfortunately he is still our bag of garbage.

Could all of the fans who threaten to stop watching Rangers games cut it out. You're all full of *****.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 08:28 AM
bubba5

Hey ive been acussed of only being negative, I said we should have started selling a month ago. Heres to all of you who still thinks we still have a chance, we STILL have 2 games in hand on Carolina. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

bubba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 08:56 AM
Fletch

SoS...

that game should've been against either Chicago or Columbus...both games have passed though.

Chosen - I can't single out Malik, nor do I blame him since he's not very responsible for goals scored and the Rangers needed one, but this +/- stuff has gotta stop. We all need to rely more on what we see than the stats that are in front of us. Two games ago Malik was stymied on several occasions, numerous quality chances ensue, and no goal, and hence no minus. Then you get a softie go in and someone else gets the minus. I can't use that stat as to me it's the most meaningless and misleading stat out there. I'm going to trust my eyes on this one.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 10:10 AM
HenrikO'doyle

Next game we need to hear "Fire Renney" and "Fire Sather" chants especially if there is no selling.

HenrikO'doyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 04:45 PM
bubba5

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenrikO'doyle View Post
Next game we need to hear "Fire Renney" and "Fire Sather" chants especially if there is no selling.
Wont do any good, weve been yelling fire Sather for years now, he will be here until he wants to call it quiets, which will be never.

bubba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 04:52 PM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
that game should've been against either Chicago or Columbus...both games have passed though.

Chosen - I can't single out Malik, nor do I blame him since he's not very responsible for goals scored and the Rangers needed one, but this +/- stuff has gotta stop. We all need to rely more on what we see than the stats that are in front of us. Two games ago Malik was stymied on several occasions, numerous quality chances ensue, and no goal, and hence no minus. Then you get a softie go in and someone else gets the minus. I can't use that stat as to me it's the most meaningless and misleading stat out there. I'm going to trust my eyes on this one.
If you're trusting your eyes you must be in serious hate with Rachunek.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 04:56 PM
xander

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZYanksRule View Post
Crap.

That's all I can say. QU loses out on a first round bye... they needed 1 point this weekend, couldn't get it, and the Rangers just screwed themselves for the season.
thank god they did!

Cornell almost gave me multiple heart attacks this weekend. After a tremendous display last weekend we go ahead and back into a first round bye, and against Harvard of all team.

xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2007, 11:28 AM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoothepuck View Post
TBBB must be happy, he's watching Orr beat up Shelly live. Shelly can take a punch though, Colton clocked him many times.
HAHA you bet...loudest part of the game.

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2007, 11:31 AM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
The crowd could at least try to help...
Nope...I've gone to the last 3 home games...how dare us call Devils hockey boring...

Old
02-26-2007, 11:33 AM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyLoMein View Post
the problem is that the rangers instead of taking the body, are just trying to whack at the puck to steal it, and its obviously not working. HIT THE DAMN GUY! ITS HOCKEY! >=O
You know your actually absolutley right. You can tell from the game too. 90 percent of Ranger players just pull up and take some whacks with thier stick. Very few of these guys finish their checks and battle for the puck with all their might. It really is ridiculous. The most popular line these days at MSG is...."HIT THE GUY"

Old
02-26-2007, 11:39 AM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osminator View Post
here is something that will cheer you guys up a little (maybe..)

wolfpack beat the best team in the AHL 5-1 in hartford.

instead of the boxscore, i thought i'd share the penalties list:

1 - NOR Koci, 1:04 - Fighting , 5 min
1 - HFD Lessard, 1:04 - Fighting , 5 min
1 - NOR Low, 14:22 - Hooking , 2 min (PP)
1 - HFD Lessard, 18:56 - Holding , 2 min (PP)
2 - NOR Fraser, 7:04 - Fighting , 5 min
2 - HFD Jessiman, 7:04 - Fighting , 5 min
2 - NOR Koci, 15:35 - Fighting , 5 min
2 - NOR Koci, 15:35 - Misconduct , 10 min
2 - HFD Purinton, 15:35 - Fighting , 5 min
2 - NOR Richmond, 15:58 - Hooking , 2 min (PP)
2 - NOR Crawford, 16:18 - Fighting , 5 min
2 - NOR Crawford, 16:18 - Game misconduct - Secondary altercation (47.6), 10 min
2 - NOR MacDonald, 16:18 - Fighting , 5 min
2 - HFD Dawes, 16:18 - Fighting , 5 min
2 - HFD Montoya, 16:18 - Leaving the crease , 2 min (PP)
2 - HFD Montoya, 16:18 - Fighting , 5 min
2 - HFD Montoya, 16:18 - Game misconduct - Secondary altercation (47.6), 10 min
2 - HFD Richter, 19:58 - Holding , 2 min (PP)
3 - HFD Bahensky, 0:51 - Hooking , 2 min (PP)
3 - HFD Immonen, 4:09 - High-sticking , 2 min (PP)
3 - NOR Served By Parenteau, 9:21 - Bench minor - Unsportsmanlike conduct , 2 min (PP)
3 - NOR Hendry, 9:21 - Fighting , 5 min
3 - HFD Byers, 9:21 - Fighting , 5 min
3 - NOR Berti, 11:21 - Fighting , 5 min
3 - NOR Berti, 11:21 - Game misconduct - Secondary altercation (47.6), 10 min
3 - NOR Low, 11:21 - Instigating , 2 min (PP)
3 - NOR Low, 11:21 - Fighting , 5 min
3 - NOR Low, 11:21 - Misconduct - Instigating (47.10), 10 min
3 - NOR Richmond, 11:21 - Fighting , 5 min
3 - HFD Callahan, 11:21 - Fighting , 5 min
3 - HFD Liffiton, 11:21 - Fighting , 5 min
3 - HFD Liffiton, 11:21 - Game misconduct - Secondary altercation (47.6), 10 min
3 - HFD Potter, 11:21 - Fighting , 5 min
3 - NOR Koci, 13:31 - Roughing , 2 min
3 - NOR Koci, 13:31 - Misconduct , 10 min
3 - HFD Lessard, 13:31 - Roughing , 2 min (PP)
3 - HFD Lessard, 13:31 - Roughing , 2 min
3 - HFD Lessard, 13:31 - Misconduct , 10 min
3 - HFD Dubinsky, 16:32 - Slashing , 2 min (PP)

source: theahl.com

Get these guys up here!