HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gotta get rid of all the Euros on this team or were going nowhere

Old
02-24-2007, 11:03 PM
Balej20*

vCash: 500
The AHL team is full of North-South North Americans. This team is trying to go in a different direction at some point. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 11:07 PM
HenrikO'doyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
The AHL team is full of North-South North Americans. This team is trying to go in a different direction at some point. Hopefully sooner rather than later.
I bet those North-South players are traded for over the hill 35+ year olds on Tuesday

HenrikO'doyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 11:16 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenrikO'doyle View Post
I bet those North-South players are traded for over the hill 35+ year olds on Tuesday
I would bet almost anything I have on that not happening.

Old
02-24-2007, 11:38 PM
HenrikO'doyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
I would bet almost anything I have on that not happening.
Allright that wont happen but unfortunately I dont think a sale of our Euro's will happen either.

Old
02-24-2007, 11:45 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenrikO'doyle View Post
Allright that wont happen but unfortunately I dont think a sale of our Euro's will happen either.
You're right about that as well.

What I could see happening is Sather/Maloney/Renney/Dolan/the security guard (Whoever is running things around here) trading for an old veteran, but not giving up much to acquire him.

Old
02-24-2007, 11:49 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
I'm predicting we give up our 2nd round pick in a minor deal.

ECL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 02:43 AM
WheresBarnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by g52 View Post
I would trade Prucha as well. The best Prucha could possibly get is become like Jagr, and Jagr hasnt done jack **** for this team.

Deal Prucha now while you can and get a good player in return.
They play totally different games. Prucha's got heart, and put his body on the line every game. In my book, Prucha's already better than Jagr, he doesn't have the natural talent that Jagr does sure, but he's a worker, and if we had more like him, we be better off. He's fearless, even though he's 50lbs lighter, he wrestled Collin White to the ice the other night. That kind of thing inspires a team, it certainly inspires me to watch Rangers hockey.

Jagr apparently thinks he's already playing Legends of Hockey games. No work, no grit, and the wins are supposed to just be handed out. Messier and Graves are two of the greatest Rangers of all time, because they got dirty and did what needed to be done to win. They wore their hearts on their sleeves, night after night. Jagr will never live amongst their company, no matter how many 600 goal night's he has. Don't get me wrong, I don't really have a problem with Jagr being on the team. Who would'nt want one of the best goal scorers the NHL has ever seen? I do have a problem with him being our captain, for him being the example for how this team is supposed to play hockey. Lastly before anyone gets all out of control, I'm well aware that he leads the team in ice time, and he's double and triple shifted, my arguement is simply that he doesn't deserve it.

WheresBarnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 02:59 AM
DutchShamrock

It's about balance. Currently the team is too East-West on offense. They have somehow managed to convert Shanahan into this mold as well and his point production dropped off. Once the team is able to incorporate both styles we can start making strides.

That doesn't mean that a team composed of all North Americans is going to get it done either. The problem really is about the system. The fact that so many drop passes are allowed and so many fancy-pants plays at the blue line are tolerated is indicitive of the lack of discipline on the team.

Also, no body was complaining last season about Jagr's foo-foo Eurostyle. Fairweather Jackson BS.

DutchShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 04:14 AM
GarretJoseph*

So now its the Euros fault. Give me a break.

GarretJoseph* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 06:50 AM
Chimp

Just listen to yourself. Some of you guys are incredible. After the recent choice of threads started and topics discussed, I just waited for a thread like this one.

After the "Nylander sucks" arguments and the "Lundqvist sucks" arguments, this board was bound to receive it's fair share of "Euros sucks in general" arguments.

Last edited by Chimp: 02-25-2007 at 07:02 AM.
Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 08:07 AM
Anthony Mauro
DraftBuzz Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimp View Post
Just listen to yourself. Some of you guys are incredible. After the recent choice of threads started and topics discussed, I just waited for a thread like this one.

After the "Nylander sucks" arguments and the "Lundqvist sucks" arguments, this board was bound to receive it's fair share of "Euros sucks in general" arguments.
Who says Nylander doesn't suck?

TWITTER
@draftbuzzhockey
Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 08:22 AM
Harry Vee

How about Jagr for Parise

Harry Vee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 08:32 AM
bleedrngrblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by g52 View Post
I would trade Prucha as well. The best Prucha could possibly get is become like Jagr, and Jagr hasnt done jack **** for this team.

Deal Prucha now while you can and get a good player in return.
Total BS comments! You must have forgotten what it was like with the old Rangers, prior to 04, to say Jagr hasn't done anything. And as for the Euro comments, Ward ,Betts,Ortmeyer,Weekes,Orr,Avery,Dupuis,among others, are not Euro's and what exactly have they done over and above the Euro players? Squat that's what! I'm sick and tired of reading how its a Euro thing, its a poor coaching and execution thing, PERIOD!

bleedrngrblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 08:48 AM
Vidic5*

Yes! And after we get rid of all the Euros we should get rid of all the blacks on our team. Get my drift?? This thread is pretty racist.

Vidic5* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 08:59 AM
pld459666

I don't mind european players on the team, I just think that the style of play is not suited or build for NHL success.

the pass first mentality that these guys have is crippling their ability to score goals on the PP and in any other situation. They can be so dominant down low but each guy has that thought of let me pass before I shoot and that is what is fustrating me.

The fact that all three players are european is an aside to the real problem of that they are to soft, to finesse oriented to become the real dominant line they could or should be.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 09:05 AM
g52*

Send a message via AIM to g52*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidic5 View Post
Yes! And after we get rid of all the Euros we should get rid of all the blacks on our team. Get my drift?? This thread is pretty racist.
Gimme a break. I knew someone would try to make some silly comparison like this

g52* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 10:05 AM
HenrikO'doyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidic5 View Post
No its not racist. Many posters feel we play too much European style which is more based on finesse. The reason no one here wants a finesse style team is because during the playoffs you usually win with grit. Teams that play Western Canadien style hockey are usually teams that win the Stanley Cup. I also think guys like Prucha can stay because hes all heart and some European players like Petrovicky and Tollefson are tough grinders. This team just isnt tough enough to win. It has nothing to do with racism, both my parents are immigrants from Europe and I lived there this summer. I love Europe, I just dont think its the right way to win a Cup.

Old
02-25-2007, 10:14 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Let see...Lundqvist, Tyutin and Prucha....hmm...yeah, we'll do much better without them...oh, yeah...Korpikoski, Baranka and Anisimov...yup, definite purge of the Euros needed...

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 10:22 AM
Its a PP Goal

I think its a matter of decision making. Our team doesn't possess enough hockey IQ to make the correct decisions. We don't shoot when we're right in front of the goalie and we spent too much of the season playing high risk hockey. We're paying for that now trying to scratch our way into the 8th spot. I'm not sure it has to do with nationality, I believe Detroit has less North Americans than we do and their top 3 in the league, we just make bad choices with and without the puck and our defense really stinks.

Its a PP Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 10:29 AM
klingsor
HFBoards Sponsor

Well I guess this puts my Betts and Ward for Ovechkin and Semin trade proposal to rest.

Seriously, getting rid of the Euros is a gross oversimplification.

The finesse style worked most of last year. As teams learned how to deal with the new rules, they caught up to us and eventually passed us.

klingsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 12:56 PM
DutchShamrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Il Ragazzone View Post
Who says Nylander doesn't suck?
I do. He's played out of position like 90% of the team. If he was on the 2nd line the whole season we'd all love him. It's funny but I remember Cullen and Betts sucking for most of the season until they were moved down a line. It's Nylander's fault he is on the 1st even though he's doing a pretty bang up job and accumulating alot of points. But Cullen and Betts get a pass because it wan't their fault they were on the 2nd and 3rd lines. Or is it maybe because they are North Americans? I wonder.

Old
02-25-2007, 12:59 PM
Kostik

Good funny thread.
I know that thread starter is pretty young guy still, so i can only hope that he will grow up from this
Seriously, this thread is just another "find a scapegoat" game.

Kostik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 01:08 PM
Anthony Mauro
DraftBuzz Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugerya View Post
I do. He's played out of position like 90% of the team. If he was on the 2nd line the whole season we'd all love him. It's funny but I remember Cullen and Betts sucking for most of the season until they were moved down a line. It's Nylander's fault he is on the 1st even though he's doing a pretty bang up job and accumulating alot of points. But Cullen and Betts get a pass because it wan't their fault they were on the 2nd and 3rd lines. Or is it maybe because they are North Americans? I wonder.
You're never gonna go anywhere as a team when you have Nylander showing Avery up and talking/laughing to Brodeur after that incident. The man just will not be on a winning team. But he sure knows how to get his points.

Actually I don't like Betts or Cullen. Betts is NA but he's soft and an ineffective hitter. Cullen's a pretty boy on the ice too. These are all guys that the team could do well to rid themselves of and play youth with edge, skill, and defensive conscience. The only thing is they re-signed Betts, locked themselves up to a terrible contract with Cullen, and have a crater sized whole down the middle making them feel they "need" Nylander.

Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 01:11 PM
DutchShamrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Il Ragazzone View Post
You're never gonna go anywhere as a team when you have Nylander showing Avery up and talking/laughing to Brodeur after that incident. The man just will not be on a winning team. But he sure knows how to get his points.
I'm sorry if I don't give much value to that as an example of Nylander sucking.

That's a good case to make for trading him or a good case for why this team isn't much of a team, but that is not a good example of why Nylander sucks.

Old
02-25-2007, 01:14 PM
yarre

I agree somewhat, maybe not dump all euros but ditch that kind of style, I never thought the Rangers would go far last year in the PO's either, even though they won alot of games, it was pretty clear that their style wasn't suited for tougher games (a little like Red Wings last year IMO, although Red Wings played at a faster pace). You need a good mix, a team that circles might work sometimes but you really need players that crash the net as well.

yarre is offline   Reply With Quote