HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Need a street hockey stick

Old
03-06-2007, 08:49 PM
goalmachine

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to goalmachine
Need a street hockey stick

Hi. I have been playing a lot of parking lot street hockey lately with my friends. I have already gone through two street sticks because the blades have worn down to the point where the ball hops right over the stick. What is a good street hockey stick that won't wear dwon on the blade and what can i do to make it last longer?

goalmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2007, 12:19 AM
lotus

Make sure you're using an ABS blade, it's about as durable as it's going to get for street hockey.

If you're still running through blades like crazy you may want to look into a shaft. Theyre cheaper in the long run but honestlly not by much when you can find a cheap ABS for $12-$15.

I use the easton Ultra-ABS. Theyre $14 around here and are tanks, I've never seen one break and have been using one for 8 months now, granted the blade has been really bad over the past 3 months. But at that price it's more than affordable.

Just make sure it's ABS and that you're using the correct lie, otherwise you'll notice alot of wear near the heel of the blade. Check if that's where most of your wear is before you buy a new stick.

lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2007, 02:38 AM
windflare

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus View Post
Make sure you're using an ABS blade, it's about as durable as it's going to get for street hockey.

If you're still running through blades like crazy you may want to look into a shaft. Theyre cheaper in the long run but honestlly not by much when you can find a cheap ABS for $12-$15.

I use the easton Ultra-ABS. Theyre $14 around here and are tanks, I've never seen one break and have been using one for 8 months now, granted the blade has been really bad over the past 3 months. But at that price it's more than affordable.

Just make sure it's ABS and that you're using the correct lie, otherwise you'll notice alot of wear near the heel of the blade. Check if that's where most of your wear is before you buy a new stick.
Bauer One30 is a good one, but the blade gets soft. If you can, try to find some Montreal sticks with ABS blades - they are tanks. Koho Crossover 2260s are also good ones. Another good path to go is to get a cheap shaft and put in some ABS blades.

windflare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2007, 06:21 PM
vancityluongo
undisputed genius

vCash: 1070
I have a Easton Typhoon, and the blade has been good for about a year and a half now.

ABS blades are good too.

vancityluongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2007, 07:12 PM
Pantokrator
Who's the clown?

Since I am very poor, I use whatever I can find, but I like the Koho Revolution sticks. In the States I can usually get one for about 12 to 15 bucks, and its sturdy enough to last for a while. However, the wear of the blade depends so much on the surface. if you're playing on rough asphalt, there is not much you can do to preserve the blade, no matter what you use.

Pantokrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2007, 07:39 PM
nikebauer

Send a message via MSN to nikebauer
ABS blades are very durable for street or roller hockey, they take a long time to wear down and wont chip.

nikebauer is offline   Reply With Quote