HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Shakeup: What would you do?

Old
02-24-2007, 11:06 PM
dedalus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLANTARANGER View Post
Once again you offer nothing of value except to criticize. That is the easiest thing in the world to do, and in typical fashion you cop out saying you have no sway. None of us do. But one could offer up a rational discussion containing something that may have merit.
You miss the point. I have expressed my opinions on this many times in the past. This is why I explicitly wrote that Glen Sather would not be the CURRENT GM. Given that I have written so much in the past on this topic, I am not inclined to do so again. My "fixes" for the team have been stated many, many times.

Quote:
I'm not trying to foist any beliefs on you, mine or anyone else's.
Then you would do well to write without doing so. If I accepted your premise as written,"tell us who the savior is," I would have been forced to discuss a "savior" for this team. That is the term you set for the discussion. My response was my rejection of your term and a veiled criticism of your writing.

Quote:
You however seem to always be very paranoid about that particualr subject and I can't fanthom why you always feel like that.
To which subject are you referring? There are several to which you could be: beliefs? foisting beliefs? a free country? the hockey team? my opinions on how it should be fixed?

About which of these do I always seem to be "paranoid?"

dedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 11:29 PM
philbo

New Coach??

If we all get our wish and Renney get moved to some other position in the orginization, who (realistically) could be our guy?

philbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 11:30 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by philbo View Post
If we all get our wish and Renney get moved to some other position in the orginization, who (realistically) could be our guy?
FLYLine. Things just keep looking up for him lately.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 11:34 PM
FLYLine24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
FLYLine. Things just keep looking up for him lately.
Your making me blush Balej!

But yes, I would love to take over as head coach

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 11:36 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
Your making me blush Balej!

But yes, I would love to take over as head coach
Lets not get ahead of ourselves bro

Id still go with Schoenfeld. I LOVE watching the pack play. they play almost exactly like how i would ideally like to see a team play.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 11:39 PM
FLYLine24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
Lets not get ahead of ourselves bro

Id still go with Schoenfeld. I LOVE watching the pack play. they play almost exactly like how i would ideally like to see a team play.
lol, yea I'd agree with you. I love how Schoenfeld is handling the pack, I'm not sure if its his coaching or because he has so many kids that are just so hungry and have so much heart...but when the "transition" occurs and the current pack players start really getting a chance at the NHL level...I really wouldn't object to him being head coach. We shall see though.

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 11:42 PM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Whatever the Rangers do until 3pm est Tuesday will be done from Edmonton because Glen Sather will be attending Mark Messier's retirement ceremony.Sather and Don Maloney will be flying to Edmonton on Sunday to set up their operation from Edmonton.For some reason,that bothers me

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 11:43 PM
Balej20*

I think we should only make the move to Schoey if the team commits to bringing up a lot of the Wolfpack next season. other wise, I think the vets on this team now wont abide by him as much as the kids on the farm do.

Old
02-24-2007, 11:44 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

it doesnt matter, odds are whatever they do will be trivial stuff. they wont deal key guys like jagr and shanny in a sell mode, and they wont give up huge assets from their farm in buy mode. it wouldnt surprise me one bit if they didnt do a single move.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 11:48 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by philbo View Post
Every loss we hear things like this. I really don't think Renney is the problem and I don't believe his job is on the line. Now Sather on the other hand I think the writing should be on the wall for this guy. He doesn't show his face, no one is even sure who is really running this team. Is it Maloney is it Sather is it Renney? He has been here for what feels like 20 years and made the playoffs once. Since he has been here so long you can start to realize all the mistakes he has made in his tenure. Where does this man get his job security from? I don't understand it! Get him outa here already!

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 12:43 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Whatever the Rangers do until 3pm est Tuesday will be done from Edmonton because Glen Sather will be attending Mark Messier's retirement ceremony.Sather and Don Maloney will be flying to Edmonton on Sunday to set up their operation from Edmonton.For some reason,that bothers me

I smell a trade from Oilers id love matt greene or jf jacques on the rangers.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 12:50 AM
in the hall

Quote:
What is your option? Other than criticizing. Tell us who the savior is.
I'll tell you who it's not.. Glenn Sather and Tom Renney

in the hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 01:26 AM
JRGNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by 26KOCUR26 View Post
I would seriously consider bringing Neil Smith back.
No no no no no!!

Last edited by SingnBluesOnBroadway: 02-25-2007 at 09:15 AM.
JRGNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 01:33 AM
WheresBarnaby

"If I hear Montoya mentioned one more time as "our savior" I think I'm going to puke. I know we're all here under a website entitled Hockey's Future, but thinking every rookie is going to be gold is just silly. The majority of players in the AHL will NEVER be NHL players. I don't mean to be overly harsh and I'm sorry If I come off that way, but we need to be realistic. There's nothing wrong with the guys we have. The NYR have never been short on talent. We've got talent coming out of the ass. Leadership, responsibility, and getting everything to mesh, has been the problem for every year post 1994."

OK I posted that in the GDT, but I'm copying it and putting it here too. I don't think it's the players. I really don't. I think I like Renney too much, and that's gotten in the way of my opinion many times before. He's just seemingly a good dude, but when a team is playing 30 minutes, or losing every other game not for lack of ability, there's no where to look except to the leadership.

Jagr is no captain. Sather is no GM, and maybe Renney just doesn't have the chops to get this team in line, as much as it pains me to say it. Only once this season have I called for Renney's head, cause he is a players coach, but maybe this team needs a drill sargent, and not a buddy.

And dammit if I hear Jagr say "I don't know why we lost" one more time so help me.

Last edited by WheresBarnaby: 02-25-2007 at 01:38 AM.
WheresBarnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 09:15 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
So Sather is no GM. And Jagr is no captain. Yep, only one thing to do - fire the coach.

02-25-2007, 10:57 AM
ATLANTARANGER*

Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall View Post
I'll tell you who it's not.. Glenn Sather and Tom Renney
OK, that's your opinion, now who do you want to bring in and what direction do you see them taking this frandchise? By changing now, how does that effect the picks we already have. Understanding that the new GM has no loyality to keep Staal, Lundqvist, Prucha, Tyutin, Montoya, Dubinski, Korps, etc. Does your guy commit to a complete rebuild as many of you say you want but have shown to have zero patience?

I have no problem with letting Sather and his mob go. They have had ample time to turn this thing around. Having said that, we are nearing the time when we should start to see some results of the time we as organization and we as a fans have invested and gain a fuller understanding of the status of the organization in terms of the true quality of our picks.

Turnover happens everytime there is a change in management. There is no guarantee that any of the young players don't get traded by the new regime. Now I've explained my stance, you explain yours and who you bring in and at what price. Are they someone who is under contract already, what do we give up, a 1st round pick, a young player?

ATLANTARANGER* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 11:02 AM
ATLANTARANGER*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedalus View Post
You miss the point. I have expressed my opinions on this many times in the past. This is why I explicitly wrote that Glen Sather would not be the CURRENT GM. Given that I have written so much in the past on this topic, I am not inclined to do so again. My "fixes" for the team have been stated many, many times.

Then you would do well to write without doing so. If I accepted your premise as written,"tell us who the savior is," I would have been forced to discuss a "savior" for this team. That is the term you set for the discussion. My response was my rejection of your term and a veiled criticism of your writing.

To which subject are you referring? There are several to which you could be: beliefs? foisting beliefs? a free country? the hockey team? my opinions on how it should be fixed?

About which of these do I always seem to be "paranoid?"
Let's agree to end the discussion between us. I'm tired of your always coping out and dancing around specific questions by saying they are too general. I have to just accept that you are an extremely negative poster and you will never be happy no matter who is running this team.

ATLANTARANGER* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 01:33 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
So Sather is no GM. And Jagr is no captain. Yep, only one thing to do - fire the coach.
It really baffles my mind SBOB

Old
02-25-2007, 01:44 PM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
See where you're going, but the coach is no coach either.

Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 01:45 PM
dedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
I think we should only make the move to Schoey if the team commits to bringing up a lot of the Wolfpack next season. other wise, I think the vets on this team now wont abide by him as much as the kids on the farm do.
Agreed. Coaching a bunch of guys who WANT to be in the NHL is far different from coaching a bunch of guys who feel ENTITLED to be there.

Old
02-25-2007, 01:58 PM
dedalus

Quote:
Let's agree to end the discussion between us. I'm tired of your always coping out and dancing around specific questions by saying they are too general.
1. My first reply says nothing whatsoever about your question being too general, so I have no idea what you're on about. I wrote that I will not address again a question that I have addressed many, many times in the past.

2. In my 3rd response I've asked you to clarify your meaning so that I CAN address your "specific questions." Whenever you wish to carry forth the discussion, feel free to do so. If you refuse to clarify the question so that I can answer it, don't cry to me about "dancing" or "copping out;" that is what you're doing in your refusal to re-write a question so that I can answer it. In short, I'll be more than happy to address your question when I understand it.

Quote:
I have to just accept that you are an extremely negative poster and you will never be happy no matter who is running this team.
Thank you. Nothing speaks more truthfully about what and how you read here. A little research on your part will reveal both my commentary on how the team's problems might be addressed and my feelings on other administrations that have run this team.

Old
02-25-2007, 02:00 PM
AXN

They have to replace Rachuneck and Pock. If they still did not realize that than there is no hope.

AXN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 02:02 PM
HAPPY HOUR

How about:
1:Slats retires
2on Maloneyresident and GM: I think he would get grabbed in a second if we let him go. I believe though that he was the main guy that pushed for Hugh Jessiman, and he did have his say in the picks of Brendl and Lundmark.
3:Tom Renney: VP-head of Player Personal-Assistant GM
4:Shoenfeld: Head Coach: Rangers: Who knows our prospects better???
5: Messier????? Havn't figured that one out yet. He wants Maloneys spot in this equation. I'm 50/50 right now between Mess and Maloney as the next GM
This is not what I would want per se, but I can see something like this happen IF Slats decided to pack it in.
6: Slats goes nowwhere and we will see him at the next 5 drafts sucking on a vanilla cone and everything stays status quo.
7:Clean House: Forget it. Not with Dolan cutting the checks.
Sheesh, we all know what # we are gonna get stuck with huh??

HAPPY HOUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 07:38 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Fire Renney...and trade away the vets

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 11:14 PM
ran1gers

Trade Straka, Nylander (Re-sign both in the off season) Trade Rachunek, Malik and Cullen...I'd take 9th rounders in 2023 for those idiots. Fire Renny, Slats and Maloney...We missed the boat on Nolan, make Messier GM and Graves Asst. GM...

I've thought about this a bit with all the talk of Tkachuk and Guerin, they will be free agents next year, try and get both of them and put them with Sanny as the second line...Nylander, Straka and Jagr as the first...Finess then power, third line can be Prucha, Daws and maybe Callihan or something like that...

All in all, I feel like I've been robbed of a lot of time watching this team this year...
This sport has been killed by the Bettman and the terrible officiating and I don;t mean stuff agains the Rangs...I mean league wide...

ran1gers is offline   Reply With Quote