HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Shanny next year

Old
02-25-2007, 09:30 PM
mhurley

vCash: 500
If they can get someone to play center for Shanny next season, he would score even more goals next year. He cannot continue to be worn out on the PK, although he played very well on PK and showed the few kids how to play responsibly. He helped fill the void when Jed was out.

I don't think he will come back if Renney is not here, though. It all might be a moot point if the concussion doesn't get better.

I love Brendan for all he brings. I am just grateful we had him here for even one season. He is my hockey God of all time.

mhurley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 09:32 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
I want him back. I don't think it's by any means a lock that he comes back.

02-25-2007, 09:38 PM
BigE

Shanahan is one of the most, if not THE most, respected players in the league. He brings valuable mentorship capabilities to any club, especially a team chalk-full of under-27s. If used properly he could probably compete until he's 40 and I'd definitely sign him if he wants to return.

I truly believe he likes playing in New York. The only question is whether he's willing to settle on the possibility of not winning another Stanley Cup before he hangs them up.

I hope to hell he stays - we need him.

BigE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 10:33 PM
bar down*

Send a message via AIM to bar down*
Quote:
Originally Posted by HenrikO'doyle View Post
^I could dream, but all I see happening is Sather trading a 4th round pick for a crappy defensemen who is past his prime(see Ozolinsh). I want Shanny back, I want him around with many young players and Shanny can show them and lead them and make us better. jagr isnt a leader and I dont want his attitude rubbing off on young guys. Even if Shanny doesnt produce that much next year I still want the guy back.

amen brother

bar down* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2007, 06:09 AM
Nemchinov13

Disregarding Shanny's feelings at this point (it is his decision after all), let's imagine that he comes back, being a classy individual that he is and repaying us, the fans, with another season in the Ranger blue. What do we do with current player wearing "C"? I haven't been able to watch games this season, so I can't say whether Jagr is being Jagr of the Capitals or he is just last season's version but with bummed shoulder. In other words, is Jagr pouting? Did he lose heart or is his left shoulder still bugging him?

Shanny's benefits are obvious - wicked shot and plenty of them, dirty work around the crease, in the corners, along the boards, defensive responsibilty and most importantly - leadership and everything that this word encompasses. How about Jagr and Shanny on the same team and having to lead the Rangers through actual rebuild (I pray to God for it)? Past history shows that Jagr doesn't like to be on rebuilding teams, although with age he might've changed.

Nemchinov13 is offline   Reply With Quote