HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who can we sign in the offseason?

Old
02-25-2007, 09:02 AM
g52*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to g52*
Who can we sign in the offseason?

Now that this season is over, can anyone link me to or list the big names the Rangers can sign in the offseason?

g52* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 03:29 PM
JerseyRangers

Here are the top available d-men listed by how I would rank them:

Chris Phillips
Brad Stuart
Sheldon Souray
V. Vishnevski
S. Hannan
Sami Salo
Aaron Miller
Corey Sarich

Any of these guys would be a huge upgrade to what we currently have. I'm betting that the first 3 are going for really, really big bucks!

JerseyRangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 03:33 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyRangers View Post
Here are the top available d-men listed by how I would rank them:

Chris Phillips
Brad Stuart
Sheldon Souray
V. Vishnevski
S. Hannan
Sami Salo
Aaron Miller
Corey Sarich

Any of these guys would be a huge upgrade to what we currently have. I'm betting that the first 3 are going for really, really big bucks!
Assuming we keep Ward, Rozsie, Tyutin, Girardi (and potentially Malik) to go with one or more of Baranka, Staal, Sauer, I'm really more interested in what centers are available. Not saying that a primo D wouldn't be great if we could unload Malik in the process, but the organization as of now (lots could change in the next 48 hours), needs much more help at C.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 03:37 PM
broadwayblue

I'd like to pick up one Dman from that list as well as a C. Then round out the roster with kids from Hartford.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 03:39 PM
NYR94

Send a message via AIM to NYR94
I'd make a huge push for Drury. Not sure who the other UFA centers are. But the competition for Drury will certainly be tough. And I'd like to see Sather add at least one of those defensemen.

NYR94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 03:49 PM
Geogaddi

I'd add Andrei Markov to that list. Hes a guy that id like to see Sather go after for the Rangers.

Geogaddi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 03:57 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
Sami Salo is a guy I'd like to see

Brian Boyle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 04:24 PM
HVPOLARBEARS19

Send a message via AIM to HVPOLARBEARS19 Send a message via MSN to HVPOLARBEARS19
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR94 View Post
I'd make a huge push for Drury. Not sure who the other UFA centers are. But the competition for Drury will certainly be tough. And I'd like to see Sather add at least one of those defensemen.
I don't want Drury unless he's the only thing left. I want Briere first, then Gomez, then Drury. Plus now with this injury who knows how he'll respond. If he doesn't play another game this season, playoffs included, I stay away from him all together. Nonetheless, I would go after Briere way before Drury.

HVPOLARBEARS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 04:27 PM
Prucha25Graves988*

To be honest MARC STAAL is a guy i would like to see. The kid should get his career started already, he has it and will be fine, more than fine. **** signing anyone unless we loose Ward, Malik or Roszival. I would prefer it to be Malik, if so NYR makes a move for one of Phillips,Souray or Hanan,even Markov and Vishnovski would be great.

Prucha25Graves988* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 04:28 PM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by HVPOLARBEARS19 View Post
I don't want Drury unless he's the only thing left. I want Briere first, then Gomez, then Drury. Plus now with this injury who knows how he'll respond. If he doesn't play another game this season, playoffs included, I stay away from him all together. Nonetheless, I would go after Briere way before Drury.
Drury will respond just as well as Shanahan will respond.

What makes you think Briere will be any different than Nylander? Both soft, small, playmaking centers. I'll sacrifice getting the raw talent Briere has in edge over Drury for Drury's character.

Old
02-25-2007, 04:30 PM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

We have to make the right moves that's for sure as far continuing to shape the identity of the team.

We're +1 for Shanny, +1/2 for Ward, and -1 for Cullen IMO.

Give me Drury, Tucker/Hartnell, and Hannan and I'll sink a decent amount of money into the team.

Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2007, 11:25 AM
True Blue Bleed Blue

The following would all be guys I'd consider:
Chris Drury, Jason Smith, Sheldon Souray, Paul Mara, Mike Fisher, Brian Campbell, Mike Commodore, Martin Lapointe, Jason Chimera, Georges Laraque, Bryce Salvador, Dan Boyle, Chris Phillips

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2007, 02:09 PM
funky

Scott Hartnell-(NSH) - size and skill to go with Prucha on Line 2
Andrei Markov- (MTL) - PP QB, 27 yo, top pair dman
Sean Burke -(L.A)- veteran Goalie, should be cheap, help Lundqvist 15 - 20 games

Shanny, Orts, and Dupuis have to be re-signed

Dawes needs a shot, Girardi needs a longer look and lets pray Staal is able to crack the line-up and contribute.

I should also say I am in favor of dumping Nylander, Ward, Ozo, Kasper, Weekes and yes Jagr. We need more Shanny type players. Leadership, power, skill. Shanny would be a perfect mentor for Hartnell, Markov for Tyutin, and Burke for Lundqvist.

funky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2007, 02:37 PM
HVPOLARBEARS19

Send a message via AIM to HVPOLARBEARS19 Send a message via MSN to HVPOLARBEARS19
I'd like to sign Briere or Gomez, Drury if he's cheap and the last option, and would definately not mind Brad Stuart or Scott Hannan. I also like the idea of signed Hartnell since he's a bruiser. However, I don't want us to fill our holes with crappy old vets, I'd much rather give the youngsters a shot...but I guess everyone feels that way except Sather.

HVPOLARBEARS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2007, 02:43 PM
eco's bones

If you ask me there are two things we need more than any other. One is a d-man who can play pwp who has a bomb for a shot and is not afraid to use it. Off that list Souray might be one--Salo might be another. Not sure about Stuart or Hannan. I like Vishnevski and Sarich as well but they don't meet that criteria. The other thing we need is help at center. Even if it's only a good third line center it would make us a team with one top line center two third line centers and a 4th instead of what we have now one top line center, one third line center and two whatevers.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote