Notices

Other deals around the league

Old
02-25-2007, 07:10 PM
Amen evil king
Amen, Evil King

vCash: 500
Other deals around the league

If Rivet got a 1st and an alright young dman, I hope DW is at least looking around to find out what some unsuspecting Western teams are willing to pay for de Vries or Sutton.

Mind you it doesn't look like GM's really care for draft picks anymore (an effect of the new CBA?), so maybe there's no point.

Amen evil king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2007, 08:30 AM
ExplosiveLEAFman

I know picks and prospects are overvalued here at HF but general managers around the league are treating first round picks the way Brian Burke has handled his second round picks over the years.

Most of the first round picks being given up are by playoff teams so I guess they figure a late first rounder isn't that valuable.

ExplosiveLEAFman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2007, 02:25 PM
Enstrom39

Quote:
Originally Posted by explosivethinman View Post
I know picks and prospects are overvalued here at HF but general managers around the league are treating first round picks the way Brian Burke has handled his second round picks over the years.

Most of the first round picks being given up are by playoff teams so I guess they figure a late first rounder isn't that valuable.
This draft is reputed to be rather weak. If it is similar to 1999 there will be a ton of people who never become NHL regulars and even 1st round picks from that season are mostly just role players. These days you can sign role players for the league minimum every summer. So why not trade away picks for this draft when you can get an impact player who can help you right now.

Enstrom39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2007, 05:04 PM
Lux Aurumque*

I know it sounds a little...err. But Im glad to see Waddell finally trading away our draft picks. For years he went on drafting absolutely horrible players and trying to throw them on the team. Now he's willing to sacrifice some future to improve the team NOW. It's only cause his job's on the line

In other news, Zednik to the Isles for a 2nd. Meh.

Lux Aurumque* is offline   Reply With Quote