HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Booing the Rangers at home

Old
02-25-2007, 08:07 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Booing the Rangers at home

For those going to the rest of the Rangers home games. Imagine what the press and the announcers would say if all of the fans started to boo Jagr, Nylander and the ones who seem lazy and dont try. I know Jagr is our captain and he cant do it by himself. But I have seen alot of times this season, is that when the end of a shift he takes way too long to go to the bench while the other team is going in the Rangers defensive zone, which causes 3 on 2 or 2 on 1. I say having a captain who seems lazy is a bad sign for the team. Would u boo Jagr if anyone goes to any of the Rangers remaining home games?????

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 08:16 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 145
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHall18NYR View Post
For those going to the rest of the Rangers home games. Imagine what the press and the announcers would say if all of the fans started to boo Jagr, Nylander and the ones who seem lazy and dont try. I know Jagr is our captain and he cant do it by himself. But I have seen alot of times this season, is that when the end of a shift he takes way too long to go to the bench while the other team is going in the Rangers defensive zone, which causes 3 on 2 or 2 on 1. I say having a captain who seems lazy is a bad sign for the team. Would u boo Jagr if anyone goes to any of the Rangers remaining home games?????
I'll boo Jagr and half the rest of the team. They all suck, and the season has been a total waste. We developed no one (save Hossa) and will end up with a middling draft pick. We ought to forfeit the rest of our games and refund all sold tickets.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 08:21 PM
26KOCUR26*

Jagr is a moody Euro - asinine choice by Renney to give him the C , he's every bit as bad as Yashin.

26KOCUR26* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 08:22 PM
zacn

I really don't think booing the players is going to achieve anything besides destroying the great relationship we had with them last year when they were overachievers. I think instead we should all bring signs calling for Sather and Renny's resignations. It's not Matt Cullen's fault that he's Matt Cullen, it's Sather's fault that Matt Cullen is a ranger.

zacn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 08:25 PM
Balej20*

haha, all of a sudden everyone is starting to hate on Jagr. I think I was a good year ahead of you guys.

Ranger fans have been booing for 10 years now. I think the only thing that could fix this team is to flat out stop buying tickets.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 08:27 PM
zacn

Quote:
Originally Posted by 26KOCUR26 View Post
Jagr is a moody Euro - asinine choice by Renney to give him the C , he's every bit as bad as Yashin.
I don't understand this mindset at all. First of all, what does Jagr's being from europe have to do with his moods? I've never understood this concept, it is ignorant and based on nothing. Yes, it's a bad choice making him the captain but he was half of the reason we made the playoffs at all last year. I just love the ill will towards him now after everyone wanted to have his child last year. Give the guy a break and appreciate watching one of the best hockey players ever to lace up skates. He's been playing all year with us with a bad shoulder and he is obviously frustrated that he isn't what he was last year.

Old
02-25-2007, 08:30 PM
26KOCUR26*

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacn View Post
I don't understand this mindset at all. First of all, what does Jagr's being from europe have to do with his moods? I've never understood this concept, it is ignorant and based on nothing. Yes, it's a bad choice making him the captain but he was half of the reason we made the playoffs at all last year. I just love the ill will towards him now after everyone wanted to have his child last year. Give the guy a break and appreciate watching one of the best hockey players ever to lace up skates. He's been playing all year with us with a bad shoulder and he is obviously frustrated that he isn't what he was last year.
Based on nothing? How many EuroStanleyCup Winning Captains have there been?
When you start to name them, I'll let you continue to babble to me...

26KOCUR26* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 08:30 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacn View Post
When u see ur captain being lazy, even at the end of a shift. That is not a good thing. The captain is suppose to have leadership, Jagr dont have it. Shanny should be captain next year if he comes back. Id deal Jagr right now if I can. We can get more than what ufa Forsberg, Rivet and Tkachuk got their former teams.

Old
02-25-2007, 08:38 PM
lotus

I'll boo him if he takes long getting to the bench. But there's far worse things happening that I'll boo 10x louder for. Like every effin time Rachunek steps on the ice. Or every time we have a powerplay.

lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 08:46 PM
bmoak

How about booing the team after the next home win when they come out and do the center ice salute?

bmoak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 08:48 PM
ThirdEye

Man, bashing Jagr sure is getting old very fast here. Omg, he's not playing well, we get it. He obviously has some kind of emotional problems going on right now that are linked with his shoulder problem. Not like he can just drop his "C" and walk away. At least be a little reasonable people

I've yet to come across this kind of negativity on any other board

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 08:49 PM
MrAlfie

Quote:
ignorance at its best....

MrAlfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 08:50 PM
lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
Man, bashing Jagr sure is getting old very fast here. Omg, he's not playing well, we get it. He obviously has some kind of emotional problems going on right now that are linked with his shoulder problem. Not like he can just drop his "C" and walk away. At least be a little reasonable people

I'll agree with you there. I'm never the one to bash Jagr but if he's taking too long getting to the bench, I'd let him know it. It's time for him to pick it up. I for one think he will but I've been the optimist all year, and I'd also like to note that no matter how much Jagr can do for us, i don't think it's enough anymore.

lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 08:50 PM
ftyutin51

I would try and get a "Rangers suck, Rangers suck" chant going on with the game they had yesterday. Winning, at the end of the game, is everything in hockey, or any sport. Yesterday was supposed to be a absolute game winner- the team flat out lost.

I would try and trade away:

Jagr
Nylander
Malik
Rachunek

^First four to go for me.

The main person on the team pissing me off is Jagr. Jaromir "I'm a future Hall of Famer so that gives me the right to slack off' Jagr.

ftyutin51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 08:56 PM
squilber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftyutin51 View Post
I would try and get a "Rangers suck, Rangers suck" chant going on with the game they had yesterday. Winning, at the end of the game, is everything in hockey, or any sport. Yesterday was supposed to be a absolute game winner- the team flat out lost.

Jagr
Nylander
Malik
Rachunek

The main person on the team pissing me off is Jagr. Jaromir "I'm a future Hall of Famer so that gives me the right to slack off' Jagr.
I would trade those 4 also.

squilber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 08:58 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftyutin51 View Post

Jagr
Nylander
Malik
Rachunek

if all these ufa can get a first round pick. Jagr should get alot more.

Old
02-25-2007, 09:03 PM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post

how do you know he is injured ? whats gives you the inside info on his emotional problems? Maybe he is a fat cat living off his millions and not working hard for it cause he can simply quit and make more then you or I ever will? Screw Jagr not for being Euro trash but rather screw him for quitting on us

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 09:03 PM
peanutbuttacallytime
#therightway

this has nothing to do with this but does anyone know where i can find a pic of jagrs girl friend i wana show my friend

peanutbuttacallytime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 09:07 PM
nickrOck

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus View Post
I'll boo him if he takes long getting to the bench. But there's far worse things happening that I'll boo 10x louder for. Like every effin time Rachunek steps on the ice. Or every time we have a powerplay.
nevermind rachunek, how's about nylanders constant spinning around all over the ice.. the should just get him a computer chair and let him spin in the locker room all night.. open paths to the net what does he do.? spins himself into a turn over or a bad pass that translates to nothing.. honestly i love the team and we have to accept the pros and cons of this team, but in my eyes there are far too many flaws.. especially flaws that mr renney never addresses or hold's people accountable for.. you bench ward now, in the stretch drive trying to make the playoffs should'a been done 2 months ago.. why is hossa taken off jagr's line after he finally has started to provide offense.? why is the 4th line given a shift late in the game last night down a goal in a win we desperately needed.? why has'nt renney utilized the timeout when the team was starting to let games slip away all season.? why was'nt cullen on the point on the PP earlier in the season when it was blatantly obvious we did'nt have a PP qb.? when will rosival be benched for his awful play lately, if ward can ride the pine so can rosival in my eyes.. there are a hundred questions that have'nt been answered.. i'll cheer as hard as the next fan i work hard for my money to put my but in those seats all season, but i'm tired of this beating around the bush and not addressing issues and being let down night after night.. last night i did'nt even stand up for the 2 goals because i said it on the spot we will let up the lead and lose this game.. sure enough a pathetic loss to a pathetic team.. i'll boo until this team turns it around, i don't care about the relationship between players and us fans for the fact they are getting paid to do a job, do your job the best you can end of story and there will be no reason to boo.

nickrOck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 09:14 PM
HenrikO'doyle

Allright guys a few things. I am sick of the way Jagr has been playing especially with his effort or lack there of. Also I dont understand the Euro hate. I have said I want Canadien style hockey and we should trade some of the Euro's. But the Euro trash and moody Euro's is unnecessary and offensive(My parents are from Europe so I could take it offensively). Mats Sundin is a bad captain? What about if Forsberg was our captain? is Petr Prucha trash? Again I wanna play NA style hockey however some of you guys are getting over the top with the European bashing.

HenrikO'doyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 09:14 PM
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise

Jagr is my favourite player, and I love him on this team, but the fact of the matter is Jagr, Nylander, Straka, Shanahan are all old and we don't have a need for all of them.
Personally I think in the next two years Straka stays because he can be a good second line player, and is a bargains but Shanahan, Nylander and Jagr will not be necessary soon and can fetch alot in the market. As much as we criticize Jagr for his laziness we must keep in mind that he is 35... Therefore I'm up for trading him and Shanny soon (whether this year or next year along with other Vets such as Depuis etc...basically this is my take on each player...
Jaromir Jagr- Dealt for a package of youth, top prospects, high draft picks
Martin Straka- Keep him, good vet who tries hard
Michael Nylander- Solid second liner, cheap...can be traded for alot.
Brendan Shanahan- traded for a package of youth, high draft picks, prospects
Sean Avery- Kept....hungry, aggressive
Michal Rozsival- Kept...young, solid top 4 guy, can still improve
Petr Prucha- Has talent...needs to become the second line RW
Matt Cullen- Traded for youth
Karel Rachunek- May have some value due to his age, traded for a another young player
Pascal Dupuis- traded as a throw in with Jagr/Shanny
Aaron Ward- Traded for picks/prospects
Marcel Hossa- Kept...solid future 2nd line LW
Fedor Tyutin- DUH!
Marek Malik-Keep him pair with Rozy BUT AS THE 2nd PAIRING...not the first...(he can be effective there).
Blair Betts- Call up Callahan for this...or Helminen
Jed Ortmeyer- FUTURE CAPTAIN
Jason Krog- WAIVE HIM?
Darius Kasparaitis- Bought out
Jarkko Immonen- Traded for what ever we can get...he is a bust
Ryan Hollweg- Kept for energy
Colton Orr- Kept as an enforcer
Thomas Pock- He will leave in the offseason so trade him
Daniel Girardi- Keep

By dumping the players, and picking up more youth, maybe signing some veteran leadership in the offseason (maybe sign Shanny again), this team would be a contender in a few...
Most importantly make a run at players such as Gomez or other young players who will last for ten years...
Jagr was nice but he's going to be gone regardless in a few years and we won't win a stanley cup...

ChrisKreider20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 09:16 PM
broadwayblue

how are you going to trade Shanahan when he is out indefinitely and on a 1 year deal?

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 09:18 PM
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise

it would depend on his health...
if it looks like he will return then i'd trade him...
or even his rights before the UFA date.

ChrisKreider20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 09:33 PM
zacn

Quote:
You speak of no european captains ever winning a stanley cup but how many europeans have been captains in the first place? I also don't see how that has anything to do with europeans being moody. Yeah, I would have to think that in a league dominated by Canadians and Americans, it is probably a much better idea to have Canadian or American captain. That being said, for you to want to boo Jagr for being a moody captain and his moodiness to be because he is European is just illogical. I don't think what I'm saying is babble. I'm just connecting dots whereas you are drawing whatever conclusions fit your argument.

From your logic, we should trade Lundqvist right now because he is going to be a moody goalies, and that is never good, correct?

Old
02-25-2007, 09:38 PM
DevFan-RU-

Send a message via AIM to DevFan-RU-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
Ranger fans have been booing for 10 years now. I think the only thing that could fix this team is to flat out stop buying tickets.
Has MSG ever failed to sell out a Rangers game during the playoff drought?

I always assumed they sold out... no matter what. Even if they were in last place, just because its the "thing to do" in NYC some nights. Sit back, talk to alot of strangers while watching some team play some sport on the ice.

EDIT: Yes they have... my bad. But they never had a season where less than 97% of the seats sold.

DevFan-RU- is offline   Reply With Quote