HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Booing the Rangers at home

Old
02-26-2007, 04:46 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Whats this? The thread for the "I got as much IQ as a fishstick club"?

Yeah, we are 17-13 on the road and 12-14 at home. This team, with all their flaws, have worked pretty darn hard all season long, and gotten zero support on home ice, which itself could be as big of a factor as anything why we aren't gooing to make the PO's.

Now we are gooing to boo them even more? You guys are unbeliveble.
They get a ton of support at home. When they team isn't playing like a bunch of *******, and playing smart hockey (no RIDICULOUS turnovers and mental mistakes), the Garden is the best place for a player to play. It's not as if the fans randomly start booing the team in the third period, leading to a collapse- it's the other way around. People start booing the lack of effort and stupid mistakes once they've occurred already.

This is a quote from Mets catcher Paul Lo Duca, as said on ESPN:

Asked whether he enjoys how his team’s fans can be, Lo Duca responded by saying…

“Oh definitely. I mean, we had come back from a 9–1 road trip and we got beat and got boo’d off the field – and I was loving it, it was actually pretty funny…

“You know, they’re really passionate. They’re waiting for a winner here. They always compare us to the Yankees and they want us to beat the Yankees, bottom line. So, the fans here are no dummies - and I’m no dummy. They pay my salary and they can say whatever the heck they want – and have a good time doing it, believe me.”

That's exactly the attitude players ought to take towards being booed. We boo you because we want to cheer you, and we just won't tolerate repeated mental lapses and soft play. There's nothing wrong with booing a lack of effort.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2007, 06:14 PM
HenrikO'doyle

If I pay for a ticket and I dont like the effort I get then I will boo. Im 18, I cant work right now so I fork over a lot of cash to go to games so if I dont see effort I wont sit there smiling and cheering. If they lose but play hard then fine, if they had games like the one against Columbus forget hearing cheers from me.

HenrikO'doyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2007, 07:21 PM
Choice

You have every right to boo but I think it reflects badly on the fans when we get what we had on Saturday against Columbus. The booing got brutal before Columbus even took the lead.

You can do whatever you want, but do you really think that it helps the team? No way.

Choice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2007, 08:34 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyChoice View Post
You have every right to boo but I think it reflects badly on the fans when we get what we had on Saturday against Columbus. The booing got brutal before Columbus even took the lead.

You can do whatever you want, but do you really think that it helps the team? No way.
Booing like Saturday, before we fell behind, is silly. It certainly does nothing to help. That being said, these guys are professional athletes and they ought to be able to deal with it and do their jobs. Easier said than done, maybe, but that's still how I feel about it. You pay for a ticket, your team half ***** it, then they ought to be booed.

nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2007, 09:12 PM
blandBob

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarretJoseph View Post
I've never booed the Rangers in my life & I never will.
That is very noble of you. I guess I tend toward the "you're a bunch of bums", "*******", and "go back to the spa" type of retort. I guess I just can't help it when dealing with lazy@ss players that embarrass you. I certainly hope the players are also embarrassed, if they are nto, holy cow batman. No, I don't live in striking distance of NYC, so I'm not physically there to see them play. Doesn't matter, hockey is hockey. I would love to do coordinate a transplant of Calgary Flames hockey spirit to the team I've lived for for 40 years. Of course, if they had a coach, things would be better.

blandBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2007, 10:03 PM
blandBob

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus View Post
Don't want Briere. Good hockey player, don't like him. But Datsyuk is an UFA isnt he?

Eh whatever go Drury go.
Just wondering what you don't like about Briere. He looks like the rel deal to me. Do you mean you don't like the hockey player or you wouldn't like the deal?

blandBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2007, 10:15 PM
JRGNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by 26KOCUR26 View Post
Based on nothing? How many EuroStanleyCup Winning Captains have there been?
When you start to name them, I'll let you continue to babble to me...
Here's an analogy for you...

That's like telling the Rangers about 15-17 years ago when they started drafting Russian players "Neil Smith, don't you know there's never been a team with a Russian player to win the Stanley Cup? You're wasting your time!"

Eventually a team with a European captain will win a Cup. This situation with Jagr has more to do with the fact that Jagr is who he is, and not that he's European.

By the way, the Swedes won the gold in the Olympics last year. They're from Europe too, I believe...

JRGNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2007, 01:51 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyChoice View Post

Yeah, people got every right to do a ton of things. You are allowed to sing Iran's National Anthem at the garden if you payed the ticket.

Lets list all players in this league who regulary gets booed on home ice.

1. Marek Malik
2. -

Thats the only one I can come up with. Marc-Andre Bergeron got booed some in EDM earlier in the season. Corey Cross and Poti got booed in Edm and NY last season. Its pretty extreme to get singled out like that. I don't think its fun, I think its remarkable that Malik are able to play pretty well on the road between slaughter.

Also, I would like to add that I think this team have worked darn hard all season long. Its a 82 game schedule, and not beeing 100% for all thoose 82 games is hardly out of the norm. Though the reason we are "only" 6 pts or whatever from a PO spot is because of workethic this team have had, which have been amazing. Our goalie haven't been great, our PK haven't been good, our PP have been awful, and we were still fighting a week ago.

People who are of the opinion that this team have coasted around this season and haven't worked hard must know pretty darn little of the game of hockey and especially the NHL and other teams. I can gaurantee you that on most nights, we have outworked the other team, but there are other aspects that decides the outcome of a hockey game.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote