HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Official New Jersey Devils vs. Philadelphia Failures home and home goat sacrifice

Closed Thread

Old
12-12-2003, 06:45 AM
Flyers26

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBully4
I love how the thing you get excited over is Brashear challenging Stevens to a fight in the preseason. "End of story."

Yeah, I freakin' care about that. See where you slugs are in May. Same old crap every year, and frankly, I'm tired of hearing it. We have more Cups than you. Eat it.

Ohhh.. I'm scared of you!
Please, go play with your bulldog on the turnpike!

Old
12-12-2003, 06:53 AM
Flyers26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie
....and when did the Flyers tie up that game with the powerhouse Bluejackets?
yea, tied it in the final minute, and won the game before in the same fashion, vs. Montreal. This is something the past few season wouldn't have happened.
This is a team with a different attitude than the recent past.
We had you down, 2-0, earlier this season, and let you back in, and it cost us. I'll give credit where it's due, and the Debs did what it took to win that game, and we didn't.

Old
12-12-2003, 06:59 AM
M V Pete

Hey guys, don't mind swflyers8, she views the world in scummy philly colored shades.

I mean, how else can you call Scott Gomez a cheap shot artist and hold a straight face?

Old
12-12-2003, 08:14 AM
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teezax
These are the reasons Bettman wants more divisional games, the intense rivalries baby. This is what hockey is about, win or lose i could car eless, i just want to watch some exciting hockey this week-end, and after game 1 this year, i think we will.

A toast, to an epic battle beginning in 9.5 hours.
Yeah I hear that, there's nothing better to watch than a Devils-Flyers game.

I think this thread was meant for some good old fashion trash talking which I myself had a ball, but some people (looking at you swflyers8) might have taken this too personal.

Both Devils and Flyers fans should be so thankful for this rivalry,
it is one of the best in all of sports.

Old
12-12-2003, 08:34 AM
swflyers8*

Send a message via Yahoo to swflyers8*
[QUOTE=Lou is God]I think this thread was meant for some good old fashion trash talking which I myself had a ball, but some people (looking at you swflyers8) might have taken this too personal.
[QUOTE]

I'm sorry, what's the title of this thread? Goat sacrifice and what not? I don't take this personal. I enjoy the rivalry.

Quote:
Hey guys, don't mind swflyers8, she views the world in scummy philly colored shades.

I mean, how else can you call Scott Gomez a cheap shot artist and hold a straight face?
I don't know Pete, maybe because I have seen the little guy in action in games. That might be why I can say it. Going to the game, didn't think so. Typical.

Old
12-12-2003, 08:52 AM
swflyers8*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou is God
Yeah I hear that, there's nothing better to watch than a Devils-Flyers game.

I think this thread was meant for some good old fashion trash talking which I myself had a ball, but some people (looking at you swflyers8) might have taken this too personal.

Both Devils and Flyers fans should be so thankful for this rivalry,
it is one of the best in all of sports.
I'm not taking personally. I am taking it the same way everyone else is.

Old
12-12-2003, 09:22 AM
NJDevs430

"Orange Crud"?
As much as I hate Everson, he has his moments...
<(-:{
Quote:
Originally Posted by swflyers8
Something, possibly the only thing - that Flyers fans will be able to feel proud of the next few years.

Old
12-12-2003, 09:43 AM
PEli*

Quote:
"Let's have intelligent conversation. Let's stop the bickering. Keep it to hockey." Give me a break. This is what it's all about. Two rivals killing each other before the game.

****ing grade-school ****. That's why these boards get worse every year. Too many whiners. And that's why guys like Jerzdvl25 left.
It's a friendly reminder. Get over it, please.

Old
12-12-2003, 09:50 AM
nj666

I'm sleeping fine with just three losses myself.

Don't forget about that overtime lose. When are they gonna do away with overtime loses anyway? Nobody deserves a point for a lose.

How about changing the point system, if overtime losses need to be worth something:

W = 3 pts T = 2 pts OTL = 1 pt L= 0 pts

or

Keep things the way they are except make OTL worth .5 pt

Anyway, point or not, a lose is a lose, and the Cryers have 4 of them. Don't be surprised if by Saturday night you have 6.

always a bridesmaid, never a bride - Cryers Stanley Cup battle cry

Old
12-12-2003, 10:02 AM
BigBully4

Send a message via AIM to BigBully4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers26
Ohhh.. I'm scared of you!
Please, go play with your bulldog on the turnpike!
This from the beer baron. You have your priorities, white trash. Grow up, or JKY. Your choice.

Old
12-12-2003, 10:05 AM
BigBully4

Send a message via AIM to BigBully4
Quote:
This is a team with a different attitude than the recent past.
When should I stop laughing at this, ace? You gotta be kidding me bringing this crap over here. You, your coach, JR, Recchi, carousel goalie...you all say the same thing every year, and every year, a loss to Ottawa or Jersey puts you back to Square One. When will it end?

Old
12-12-2003, 10:26 AM
Flyers26

Quote:
This from the beer baron. You have your priorities, white trash. Grow up, or JKY. Your choice.
Really... "white Trash"... that's the best your feeble little mind can come up with? I pitty you, if that's your best.

Old
12-12-2003, 10:29 AM
Flyers26

Quote:
When should I stop laughing at this, ace? You gotta be kidding me bringing this crap over here. You, your coach, JR, Recchi, carousel goalie...you all say the same thing every year, and every year, a loss to Ottawa or Jersey puts you back to Square One. When will it end?
Did you read my entire post, or did you leave out the hard words?
I was stating that this team is different this season, than in recent years. We have come back in the final minutes, to win or tie games. we haven't had that attitude in years. Hitchcock has instilled an attitude in this group.

Old
12-12-2003, 10:43 AM
Unthinkable

vCash:
Quote:
Even your coach has started crying all ready:

Debbies
I don't see how thats crying. I've watched Brashear do this in a ton of games this season. Against the NY Rangers, Brashear moved in to fight Dale Purinton after Purinton hit Pitkanan cleanly with a legal check. He did the same kind of thing against the Boston Bruins as well. Must be some new league mandated rules regarding having your enforcer overprotecting your rookie players to this degree when you want to fight other guys because they finish their clean checks on your teammates. All I know is I never got the memo on this one.

How can you even bring this point up though when you have your own hotheaded loose cannon Jeremy Roenick telling the league how the game should be played with less obstruction (Read: pot calling the kettle black JR), spouting off about how boring the Devils are in the media and then promptly ripping his own coach over a single line change before realizing hey maybe that one was a little bit out of line for me to say and doing the full fledged 360 damage control routine to sweep the continuing controversy away? With all due respect, lets try and keep things in the proper perspective as long as we're on the subject of crying here.

I'm with Teezaz on his hopes for this being as great a weekend as most of us imagine it will be. If anything at all, hopefully it will put an end to the Devils Are Boring crusades we read each and every night in the NHL Talk forum and we'll be treated to some truly fantastic moments in each game where in the end the only thing you can do is respect the game and both teams even further then we already do.

Last edited by Unthinkable: 12-12-2003 at 10:56 AM.

Old
12-12-2003, 10:50 AM
#2FAN

vCash:
Quote:
Sorry I upset you. Please forgive me. All of your posts are relevant, Mr.-I'm-Great-at-Hockey-and-I-Want-You-To-Know-So-I'll-Make-My-User-Name-A-Famous-Hockey-Company.

Glad to see a Devils fan taking my side.

"Let's have intelligent conversation. Let's stop the bickering. Keep it to hockey." Give me a break. This is what it's all about. Two rivals killing each other before the game.

****ing grade-school ****. That's why these boards get worse every year. Too many whiners. And that's why guys like Jerzdvl25 left.
You may end up like J-Mac, banned.

Old
12-12-2003, 10:53 AM
Unthinkable

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teezax
These are the reasons Bettman wants more divisional games, the intense rivalries baby. This is what hockey is about, win or lose i could car eless, i just want to watch some exciting hockey this week-end, and after game 1 this year, i think we will.

A toast, to an epic battle beginning in 9.5 hours.
Hear Hear. We've had our share of disagreements in the past, but this is precisely the same mindset I have going into this series. Well said.

Last edited by Unthinkable: 12-12-2003 at 11:13 AM.

Old
12-12-2003, 10:54 AM
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by #2FAN
You may end up like J-Mac, banned.
He got banned???? I was wondering were the hell he was. For how long?

Old
12-12-2003, 11:01 AM
swflyers8*

Quote:
Against the NY Rangers, Brashear moved in to fight Dale Purinton after Purinton hit Pitkanan cleanly with a legal check.
I guess Brash didn't see it that way. The thing with JR, that's JR. He likes to talk and open his mouth. He had a good point about the line change. If it ain't broke why fix it I think is the general point he was trying to make. It doesn't look like it has affected him & Hitch's relationship as player and coach so I could really care less.

Quote:
I was stating that this team is different this season, than in recent years. We have come back in the final minutes, to win or tie games. we haven't had that attitude in years. Hitchcock has instilled an attitude in this group.
Exactly. If this was last year's team, we wouldn't be tying these games or winning them. The guys have not given up in any game they were in. Everyone just played their game and didn't let a goal get them derailed. That is a huge + for the Flyers.

Quote:
How's tonight sound?

Rex-12g J. R. -10g Amonte 9g Gagne -- 7g
Justin Williams -- 6g, 14a, Zues --6g, Leclair --6g, Sami Kapanen --5g

"carousel goalie" stats -- Jeff is right near Marty in the stats

Hack - 1.71 GAA & .931 Save %
Esche - 1.89 GAA & .921 Save %

Old
12-12-2003, 11:03 AM
nj666

Quote:
And every year Flyer fans say how this year will be different. Ranger fans do the same thing. We are only a little more than a quarter of the way through the season buddy, there's a lot more hockey to be played. Even if, however highly unlikey, the Flyers win the next two games, there are 50+ games to go before the playoffs. Then the Flyers have the daunting task of getting past the first round of the playoffs, then the second round, then the third round. That only gets you into the finals, but oh no. No, no, no, no, no. Your worries are not over at that point. You gotta win four more. Can the Flyers do that this year? I don't think they will. Just wait till their mid-season meltdown. I bet the Flyers will have a 10 game WTF streak. Clarke will be in panic mode. He'll accuse chestnuts of being lazy. He'll pony up and get CuJo. Okay, maybe he won't, but that would be funny. But even if he doesn't get CuJo, he still won't make it past the Bruins, Maple leafs or Senators in the first round. That's my prediction. Flyers season over, Roenick begins talking to a New WHA franchise about where he'll play during the lock out. Enjoy tonights game.

Old
12-12-2003, 11:27 AM
ICX*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj666
I bet the Flyers will have a 10 game WTF streak. Clarke will be in panic mode. He'll accuse chestnuts of being lazy. He'll pony up and get CuJo. Okay, maybe he won't, but that would be funny. But even if he doesn't get CuJo, he still won't make it past the Bruins, Maple leafs or Senators in the first round. That's my prediction. Flyers season over, Roenick begins talking to a New WHA franchise about where he'll play during the lock out.

LMFAO!!! Post of the year material, my friend.

Old
12-12-2003, 12:06 PM
Missionhockey

Quote:
Sorry I upset you. Please forgive me. All of your posts are relevant, Mr.-I'm-Great-at-Hockey-and-I-Want-You-To-Know-So-I'll-Make-My-User-Name-A-Famous-Hockey-Company.

Glad to see a Devils fan taking my side.

I think we have a misunderstanding. I thought you were a Flyer fan at first but there isn't any need for personal attacks.

Old
12-12-2003, 12:14 PM
sickboy35

Quote:
I like that type of play. If it's cheap, I'll call it cheap. Playing a physical game makes the game more interesting to watch. If you want to watch a game with no contact, go watch a Western Conference team play. I like the fights, the physical battles, that's what makes the East better.

We still are the Bullies:

i find it pretty funny you put a pic of huggie bear and dale puriton? huggie got his ass handed to him last yeart against dale!! I KNOW I WAS THERE?? HAHAHAH!! what thats big thing that huggie beat up stevens? stevens has more hockey talent in his pinky finger that brasher, and three cups to match! and i'm a ranger fan!!

Old
12-12-2003, 12:17 PM
4check22

Send a message via MSN to 4check22 Send a message via Yahoo to 4check22
Quote:
Really... "white Trash"... that's the best your feeble little mind can come up with? I pitty you, if that's your best.
I PITY you . . . you and your poor education system. Make sure you can spell before you go spouting off -- it makes you look stupid.

Old
12-12-2003, 01:05 PM
Whinks

Send a message via AIM to Whinks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unthinkable
I don't see how thats crying. I've watched Brashear do this in a ton of games this season.
Maybe he should shut up and do something about it instead of crying to the refs. Just because his team doesnt have the guys that can step up to Brashear doesnt mean he should try to take away a part of the game.

Last edited by Whinks: 12-12-2003 at 01:18 PM.
Old
12-12-2003, 01:24 PM
Unthinkable

vCash:
You know whats never boring to me?

"Scott Stevens, come on down and get your Stanley Cup" - Gary Bettman.

Time to make Roenick eat his words.

Closed Thread