HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

GDT: Oilers vs. Sharks Dec.11

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-11-2003, 06:57 PM
  #76
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Narnia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,394
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuhr
Why did Conks have to start one? We are talking about a guy who usually plays 65-70+ games a year and now he can't play back to back games on succesive nights? It doesn't matter that he just came back from an injury....if he's healthy enough to play then he should play. 3 games in 4 nights isn't going to kill Tommy....if anything it may get him in a groove if he plays well.
Does Dominic Hasek ring a bell? Ray Whitney? Both players came back from a groin injury and got injured on their return. Salo had a hip/groin injury and the team is being cautious so he doesn't reagravate the injury.

__________________
"He just ate up Robyn Regehr for dinner, a spectacular play by Hemsky, and Robyn Regehr has got doo doo all over his face" - Rod Phillips call on Hemsky's goal vs the Flames
Narnia is offline  
Old
12-11-2003, 06:58 PM
  #77
Oiltalk
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 2,720
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuhr
Why did Conks have to start one? We are talking about a guy who usually plays 65-70+ games a year and now he can't play back to back games on succesive nights? It doesn't matter that he just came back from an injury....if he's healthy enough to play then he should play. 3 games in 4 nights isn't going to kill Tommy....if anything it may get him in a groove if he plays well.
Was about to say this.
Problem here is although it is ideal for a goalie to play only one game in a back to back situation, the most important thing is ending the slump before all else. Since Conklin and the rest of the team hasn't been able to do it, why not give the goalie that we have been begging to steal us a game in the last few years a fair shot at it. Could care less about tommorows game. It's another day and I'll eat my shoe if the Oil lose again!

Oiltalk is offline  
Old
12-11-2003, 07:01 PM
  #78
jadeddog
Registered User
 
jadeddog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan
Posts: 11,766
vCash: 500
interesting that they seem to be dominating play again but not getting the results..... again.... this is a story ive heard entirely too many times over the past 2-3 seasons..... things like this only backup my argument that the oilers may be decnt in a couple years, but until they get a guy that can produce 30+ goals/season consistantly they will have problems like this..... all it takes is one player who has a killer shot to make this an oiler tie/win, but we dont have such a player

jadeddog is offline  
Old
12-11-2003, 07:01 PM
  #79
Oiltalk
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 2,720
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky83
Does Dominic Hasek ring a bell? Ray Whitney? Both players came back from a groin injury and got injured on their return. Salo had a hip/groin injury and the team is being cautious so he doesn't reagravate the injury.
There's times to be cautious and also times to throw that aside when your team has one win in the last 8 or so. I'm sure Salo is well rested. I won't say anymore for the rest of the night. Hopefully Conklin gets it done.

Oiltalk is offline  
Old
12-11-2003, 07:03 PM
  #80
jadeddog
Registered User
 
jadeddog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan
Posts: 11,766
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiltalk
Was about to say this.
Problem here is although it is ideal for a goalie to play only one game in a back to back situation, the most important thing is ending the slump before all else. Since Conklin and the rest of the team hasn't been able to do it, why not give the goalie that we have been begging to steal us a game in the last few years a fair shot at it. Could care less about tommorows game. It's another day and I'll eat my shoe if the Oil lose again!
heres the thing though.... many people (myself included) think that salo HAS had the chance to "steal us a game"..... he had the chance for the early part of this season and ALL of last season, and hes proved in both occasions to be one of the worst starting goalies in the league.... he has had his chance many times over

jadeddog is offline  
Old
12-11-2003, 07:03 PM
  #81
LoudmouthHemskyFan#2
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 1,592
vCash: 500
HEMSKY!!! form smith and york

LoudmouthHemskyFan#2 is offline  
Old
12-11-2003, 07:04 PM
  #82
Dangerdanger
Registered User
 
Dangerdanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 964
vCash: 500
YEEEAAHHH Hemsky!

Dangerdanger is offline  
Old
12-11-2003, 07:04 PM
  #83
hmminvisiblecola1279
I just hope we can
 
hmminvisiblecola1279's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: win a game
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,280
vCash: 500
wwwwwooooohhhhhooooooo, hemsky cmon man shoot more sounds like a great shot.

hmminvisiblecola1279 is offline  
Old
12-11-2003, 07:04 PM
  #84
Oi'll say!
Registered User
 
Oi'll say!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Oil in 9
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,010
vCash: 500
Hemsky RIPS A DRIVE!

Oi'll say! is offline  
Old
12-11-2003, 07:04 PM
  #85
Dr_Gonz0
Registered User
 
Dr_Gonz0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,235
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudmouthHemskyfan#2
HEMSKY!!! form smith and york
Smyth or Smith???

Dr_Gonz0 is offline  
Old
12-11-2003, 07:04 PM
  #86
goldenchild
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Howard 100
Country: India
Posts: 535
vCash: 500
What a shot by Hemsky top corner 2-2
The Sharks anouncer said that Craig Simpson was working with Hemmer on that shot this morning skating to his right and then shooting against the grain. Beautiful goal.

goldenchild is offline  
Old
12-11-2003, 07:05 PM
  #87
LoudmouthHemskyFan#2
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 1,592
vCash: 500
he said jason smith got the assist

LoudmouthHemskyFan#2 is offline  
Old
12-11-2003, 07:09 PM
  #88
gpearson1968
Registered User
 
gpearson1968's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: High Point, NC
Country: Canada
Posts: 661
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudmouthHemskyfan#2
he said jason smith got the assist

Wow, Edmonton already has 33 shots, and we haven't finished the 2nd period yet.

Cheers,
Geoff.

gpearson1968 is offline  
Old
12-11-2003, 07:11 PM
  #89
gretzky2kurri
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 3,659
vCash: 500
Rod says the Oilers are completely dominating now.

Is this a good thing.....I'm not sure anymore.....lol.

Some of these periods seem 2 days apart the way this team "sometimes" comes back out of the dressing room.

gretzky2kurri is offline  
Old
12-11-2003, 07:12 PM
  #90
Cerebral
Registered User
 
Cerebral's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,676
vCash: 500
Great period!! Amazing work by Dvorak and Moreau.. Dvorak drew an awesome penalty by beating two Sharks players to the puck for a near breakaway that had at least 4 steps on him! Hemsky had a great shot.. you could tell the Sharks players were backing off on him waiting for the pass so he just let it rip top corner!

Cerebral is offline  
Old
12-11-2003, 07:12 PM
  #91
Oilhitch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 755
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpearson1968
Wow, Edmonton already has 33 shots, and we haven't finished the 2nd period yet.

Cheers,
Geoff.
Really this isnt surprising, they have been getting alot of shots per game latey. Just not alot of them have been going in.

Oilhitch is offline  
Old
12-11-2003, 07:14 PM
  #92
capebretonoilers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: airdrie
Posts: 485
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gretzky2kurri
Rod says the Oilers are completely dominating now.

Is this a good thing.....I'm not sure anymore.....lol.

Some of these periods seem 2 days apart the way this team "sometimes" comes back out of the dressing room.
First time in 9 games not behind going into the third--i knew this was
a bad stretch but wow --- %^#* we need this game tonight--

capebretonoilers is offline  
Old
12-11-2003, 07:16 PM
  #93
Cerebral
Registered User
 
Cerebral's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,676
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by capebretonoilers
First time in 9 games not behind going into the third--i knew this was
a bad stretch but wow --- %^#* we need this game tonight--
Agreed.. hopefully all the Oilers can come out next period with the intensity that Moreau and Dvorak showed in the second. I think Horcoff is having a great game again today.. good work in the faceoff circle and he's been really strong down low! I'm still expecting to see a million "Horcoff looks like a lost dog out there" posts after the game though.. :mad:

Cerebral is offline  
Old
12-11-2003, 07:18 PM
  #94
LoudmouthHemskyFan#2
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 1,592
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebral
Agreed.. hopefully all the Oilers can come out next period with the intensity that Moreau and Dvorak showed in the second. I think Horcoff is having a great game again today.. good work in the faceoff circle and he's been really strong down low! I'm still expecting to see a million "Horcoff looks like a lost dog out there" posts after the game though.. :mad:
nope...the game isnt on tv in edmonton

LoudmouthHemskyFan#2 is offline  
Old
12-11-2003, 07:24 PM
  #95
Cerebral
Registered User
 
Cerebral's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,676
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudmouthHemskyfan#2
nope...the game isnt on tv in edmonton
Hehe fair enough.. One interesting thing to note: Edmonton's last penalty kill looked very good.. they pressed down ice and actually used their speed to get back and interupt passes in the neutral zone. From what I've noticed the past couple games, their biggest problem is that the forwards collapse down too far in the defensive zone and leave the defenceman (read: Brad Stuart) open for a big booming shot. They need to play a little higher and let their big d-men like Brewer and Semenov take care of the work down low..

Cerebral is offline  
Old
12-11-2003, 07:33 PM
  #96
Oi'll say!
Registered User
 
Oi'll say!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Oil in 9
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,010
vCash: 500
Oh god, I forgot all about Mike Ricci.

Ignorance was bliss....

Oi'll say! is offline  
Old
12-11-2003, 07:36 PM
  #97
jadeddog
Registered User
 
jadeddog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan
Posts: 11,766
vCash: 500
even though i still dont think hemsky is the answer to edmontons need for a sniper (not that i dont think he'll be great, but more of a 20g,45a/season type guy).... i think it should be pointed out that in hemskys 27th game tonight he has surpassed his goal total from last year (6) when he played 59 games..... even though hemsky may still need to shot a bit more, this is a VERY encouraging sign.... hes actually much farther ahead than i was expecting (or hoping for) at this point in the season

jadeddog is offline  
Old
12-11-2003, 07:38 PM
  #98
Oilhitch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 755
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeddog
even though i still dont think hemsky is the answer to edmontons need for a sniper (not that i dont think he'll be great, but more of a 20g,45a/season type guy).... i think it should be pointed out that in hemskys 27th game tonight he has surpassed his goal total from last year (6) when he played 59 games..... even though hemsky may still need to shot a bit more, this is a VERY encouraging sign.... hes actually much farther ahead than i was expecting (or hoping for) at this point in the season

Hemsky has a huge offensive upside. Some project him to be a top 10 scorer one day.

Oilhitch is offline  
Old
12-11-2003, 07:43 PM
  #99
Oi'll say!
Registered User
 
Oi'll say!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Oil in 9
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,010
vCash: 500
The Sharks were outshot 19-3 in the 2nd period but they got the first 7 shots in the third...

Oi'll say! is offline  
Old
12-11-2003, 07:46 PM
  #100
capebretonoilers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: airdrie
Posts: 485
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oi'll say!
The Sharks were outshot 19-3 in the 2nd period but they got the first 7 shots in the third...
I haven't seen any negative comments regarding Oates play--
I realize its only been a few games but 1 pt so far ...? anyone else getting impatient??

capebretonoilers is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:00 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.