HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brooks-Rangers will not sell,playoff invoices due on 3/1

Old
02-26-2007, 07:18 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

vCash: 500
Brooks-Rangers will not sell,playoff invoices due on 3/1

Quote:
THE NHL trade deadline comes up tomorrow at 3 p.m. but that's not the most important deadline this week for the Rangers' organization. Rather, the important deadline is Thursday, when season subscribers must commit to purchasing playoff tickets, the prices of which escalate dramatically for each succeeding (giggle, giggle) round.

So really; who out there believes that the Rangers, six points out of eighth place with 20 games to go, are going to be sellers in the market?
http://www.nypost.com/seven/02262007...rry_brooks.htm

The only rounds in the Rangers future are the round of drinks they order at the bar.Then again,there are reports these guys don't like each other.They must drink separately

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2007, 07:22 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Glen Sather's schedule

Quote:
MONDAY

- The City of Edmonton's hour-long tribute to Mark Messier will kick off at 12:15 p.m. at Sir Winston Square, with Mayor Stephen Mandel, emcee Rod Phillips and a number of special guests.

- Join host Ron MacLean for An Oil Country Homecoming at the Winspear Centre at 7 p.m. Enjoy unforgettable memories of Messier, Paul Coffey, Glen Andersen, Jari Kurri, Glen Sather and others, along with musical guests Tom Cochrane and Colin James.

TUESDAY

- St. Albert lauds Messier 10:30 a.m. at Servus Credit Union Place.

- At 6:30 p.m., Messier's No. 11 banner will be raised to the rafters of Rexall Place prior to the sold-out game against the Phoenix Coyotes
http://www.canada.com/edmontonjourna...af5ad68967&p=2

Old
02-26-2007, 07:39 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

The Islanders are taking offers for their best forward-Jason Blake who is unrestricted this summer and will be a tough sign

Quote:
But it's quite possible that Blake could bring something comparable to the price St. Louis received from Atlanta yesterday in exchange for Keith Tkachuk: first-round and third-round picks in the 2007 draft, a second-round pick in 2008, third-line forward Glen Metropolit and a conditional first-round pick in 2008 if Tkachuk re-signs with the Thrashers this summer
http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey...orts-headlines

If Snowman gets that for Blake,make Kevin Weekes the Rangers GM

Old
02-26-2007, 08:19 AM
NickNYR

I enjoyed Brooks article this morning.

I totally agree with Brooks and his statement about the Rangers youth. Won't play em' and won't trade em'. Why have them? They have to give some of these guys a chance to really play.

Honestly, We should be Sellers. This club is not good enough to go deep and trading for a bunch of rental players is not the answer.

NickNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2007, 09:31 AM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

Yet another reason to buy in to the serious reporter who types the words "giggle, goggle".

02-26-2007, 09:43 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Two things that Brooks wrote that I've felt/said for a while now:

1) This team really doesn't have a whole lot to deal.

2) Next year is not going to be all that different than this year.

02-26-2007, 09:49 AM
94now

Rangers will stay the course.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2007, 10:27 AM
clmetsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
Rangers will stay the course.
Their last two Saturday games say it all: losses at home to Philadelphia AND Columbus.

This team could not make any significant noise in the playoffs even if they made it, which is becoming about as likely as Sandis Ozolinsh winning the Norris.

The more I've seen Nylander lately, the more I feel that he is not the type of center that we need to win. I'm willing to admit I was wrong about him. I don't want to see him back next year; get what you can for him, he should at least be worth a 2nd, maybe you could even pry a 1st away from someone.

clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2007, 11:53 AM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by clmetsfan View Post
Their last two Saturday games say it all: losses at home to Philadelphia AND Columbus.

This team could not make any significant noise in the playoffs even if they made it, which is becoming about as likely as Sandis Ozolinsh winning the Norris.

The more I've seen Nylander lately, the more I feel that he is not the type of center that we need to win. I'm willing to admit I was wrong about him. I don't want to see him back next year; get what you can for him, he should at least be worth a 2nd, maybe you could even pry a 1st away from someone.
The losses to Phily abd Jackets are inexcusable. I, however, do not see our forwards, particularly Nylander as a main reason for those losses. In every game we lost as of late we outshot the opposition. Nittimaki was better than Lundqvist. At this point we may regret that Holmqvist was let go. He plays well for TB.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2007, 12:01 PM
Stoney La Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
*sigh* After a while, all the years start to run together, don't they. Same team, same disappointments.

They should give the kids a chance to play for the rest of this season -- what have they got to lose?

Stoney La Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2007, 12:03 PM
Gamma82

So they're not going to be sellers because the playoff invoices are due?

Does that mean they're going to be buyers, because it sure doesn't look like the team as it is currently made up is going to be able to get into the tournament.

Gamma82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2007, 12:04 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dipsydoodle View Post
*sigh* After a while, all the years start to run together, don't they. Same team, same disappointments.

They should give the kids a chance to play for the rest of this season -- what have they got to lose?
As they fall further out of playoff contention, they should shut Jagr and Shanahan down. Let them get healthy. And yes, lets see what Dawes and Callahan can do.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2007, 12:10 PM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
The losses to Phily abd Jackets are inexcusable. I, however, do not see our forwards, particularly Nylander as a main reason for those losses. In every game we lost as of late we outshot the opposition. Nittimaki was better than Lundqvist. At this point we may regret that Holmqvist was let go. He plays well for TB.
Lundqvist has been playing on a different level than Holmqvist. From what I've seen of Holmqvist he has been very inconsistent, much more so than you can ever accuse Lundqvist of being.

I think our teams lack of confidence accounts for all of it's loses. Even when we are leading we play sloppy. Worst of all though, our team just stops playing when they get ahead by 1 or two points. Not to mention all the unlucky bounces we've been blessed with. Whatever, I'm willing to accept that it's over. Just get some young kids out there and let them develop while we still have the opportunity

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2007, 01:18 PM
xander

was anyone else subjected to that awful andrew dice clay pop up add? not only was it loud and obnoxious, I couldn't get rid of it.

as for the issue at hand...If someone is offering the world for Nylander I think the rangers would be nuts not to make the deal. If Nylander and Jagr are as buddy buddy as we here, then why wouldn't Micheal just resign in the offseason?

I agree with Singin's sentiments about next year. The Rangers unwillingness to sell has more to do with next year then the present. If you move Straka then he's gone for next year too. On top of that you run the risk of upsetting Jagr. Even if thy give up on this year, they won't make moves that will hurt they're chances next year.

That being said, what's the harm in dealing ward and giving baranka a shot?

xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2007, 01:23 PM
TomLaidlaw

Quote:
As they fall further out of playoff contention, they should shut Jagr and Shanahan down. Let them get healthy. And yes, lets see what Dawes and Callahan can do.
I think we should trade Shanny and get something for him. Why shut him down and get nothing for him when he is a UFA at the end of the year? Look what Tkachuck got for St Louis, I am guessing we could get a similiar deal for a concussed Shanny

TomLaidlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2007, 01:27 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomLaidlaw View Post
I think we should trade Shanny and get something for him. Why shut him down and get nothing for him when he is a UFA at the end of the year? Look what Tkachuck got for St Louis, I am guessing we could get a similiar deal for a concussed Shanny
1) It's hard to trade a guy who is out indefintely.

2) I don't believe that you can trade a player IR.

3) If you want him back next season, you can't trade him. Personally I want him back.

Old
02-26-2007, 01:39 PM
bathgate

Quote:

If you're right, I'll give up my season tickets. There's only so much I CAN TAKE OF THE MEDIOCRITY. If the kids get a chance or the czechs are moved, I'll stay. Next year can only be worse with pretty much the status quo. I think Jagr's age has caught up with him or his attitude of years gone by has reared its ugly head.In any event, there must be sweeping changed or the next decade we'll watch Pittsburgh and Washington dominate the division.

bathgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2007, 01:43 PM
DutchShamrock

Quote:

I'm getting worried about next year. Those Avery and Dupuis trades were good moves in terms of the assets but they also ate up 2 spots for next season. It was totally reasonable to think that Ward and Hall could and would be replaced by guys in Hartford, now it is completely idiotic to believe that either Avery or Dupuis will be suplanted by anyone within the organization. Betts isn't going to be replaced, Straka was resigned, Nylander probably will and even if not will be replaced by someone outside the organization. Shanny will probably be back or replaced from outside. Jagr's staying, Cullen's staying. Then you get to the maybes: Prucha, Ortmeyer, Hollweg, Hossa, Orr. Prucha and Hossa will probably stay unless they are moved at the deadline. That leaves Hollweg and Ortmeyer as the main candidates to get pushed out by a Wolfpack forward and honestly that will irk alot of the fans... such a Catch-22, you can have your rookies but you have to give up the fan favorites. It's pointless to replace Orr with a rookie since it is marginal playing time.

Defense is potentially better: Rachunek is probably gone, Pock will be gone before his skates are dry, Ward is in limbo right now. So maybe we see 2 guys from the prospect pool, but raise your hands if you think Girardi, Tyutin and 2 of Staal, Baranka, Pock, Sauer and Lampman will be on our backline next season. Didn't think so. If anything they push Girardi out so it's a wash. Maybe 1 more guy cracks the lineup. We most likely acquire a more seasoned vet to accompany the young blueline.

I kind of got off my soapbox concerning the rookies because I was convinced the focus would be on next season for the next phase of rookies. Now I'm just not seeing the spots available for the youth. You can make an argument that they should become sellers and some of the vets will get moved by tomorrow, but I haven't seen any quote from the team that would indicate that they are selling before the deadline. Things will get uglier before they get better.

DutchShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2007, 01:44 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

I heard something earlier today about a possible Ranger move.If that move does happen,it involves the Rangers getting older and more expensive on D at the expense of a young player

I doubt it happens,BUT if it does.....................

Old
02-26-2007, 01:46 PM
TomLaidlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
I heard something earlier today about a possible Ranger move.If that move does happen,it involves the Rangers getting older and more expensive on D at the expense of a young player

I doubt it happens,BUT if it does.....................

what did you hear? Are we trading for Chelios....

TomLaidlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2007, 01:49 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomLaidlaw View Post
what did you hear? Are we trading for Chelios....
A guy we used to have

Old
02-26-2007, 01:49 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugerya View Post
I'm getting worried about next year. Those Avery and Dupuis trades were good moves in terms of the assets but they also ate up 2 spots for next season. It was totally reasonable to think that Ward and Hall could and would be replaced by guys in Hartford, now it is completely idiotic to believe that either Avery or Dupuis will be suplanted by anyone within the organization. Betts isn't going to be replaced, Straka was resigned, Nylander probably will and even if not will be replaced by someone outside the organization. Shanny will probably be back or replaced from outside. Jagr's staying, Cullen's staying. Then you get to the maybes: Prucha, Ortmeyer, Hollweg, Hossa, Orr. Prucha and Hossa will probably stay unless they are moved at the deadline. That leaves Hollweg and Ortmeyer as the main candidates to get pushed out by a Wolfpack forward and honestly that will irk alot of the fans... such a Catch-22, you can have your rookies but you have to give up the fan favorites. It's pointless to replace Orr with a rookie since it is marginal playing time.

Defense is potentially better: Rachunek is probably gone, Pock will be gone before his skates are dry, Ward is in limbo right now. So maybe we see 2 guys from the prospect pool, but raise your hands if you think Girardi, Tyutin and 2 of Staal, Baranka, Pock, Sauer and Lampman will be on our backline next season. Didn't think so. If anything they push Girardi out so it's a wash. Maybe 1 more guy cracks the lineup. We most likely acquire a more seasoned vet to accompany the young blueline.

I kind of got off my soapbox concerning the rookies because I was convinced the focus would be on next season for the next phase of rookies. Now I'm just not seeing the spots available for the youth. You can make an argument that they should become sellers and some of the vets will get moved by tomorrow, but I haven't seen any quote from the team that would indicate that they are selling before the deadline. Things will get uglier before they get better.
Dupuis is a UFA at the end of the season, so he's gone. Avery should be back.

I never liked extending Straka. Do you resign Nylander? The stop-gaps are becoming main-stays. I always felt that at the end of the season you would bring back either Shanny or Straka. What happens now? I think Shanny needs to come back as his value goes beyond what he does on the ice.

The other thing is if you bring these guys back, they're a year older. I don't see Nylander and Straka as getting better. What does that do to the team as a whole.

Old
02-26-2007, 01:54 PM
DutchShamrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
A guy we used to have
Norstrom
Quote:
Dupuis is a UFA at the end of the season, so he's gone. Avery should be back.

I never liked extending Straka. Do you resign Nylander? The stop-gaps are becoming main-stays. I always felt that at the end of the season you would bring back either Shanny or Straka. What happens now? I think Shanny needs to come back as his value goes beyond what he does on the ice.

The other thing is if you bring these guys back, they're a year older. I don't see Nylander and Straka as getting better. What does that do to the team as a whole.
Well I still contend that if they don't resign Nylander they go for another "true #1" center. I won't complain if Straka takes the middle with Jagr and someone from Hartford centers the 2nd line but I just don't believe this organization is willing to go that route. We'll see about Dupuis if he returns or not, if not I'd wager Callahan makes it, Dawes wins any other potential spot?

DutchShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2007, 01:56 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Norstrom

Well I still contend that if they don't resign Nylander they go for another "true #1" center. I won't complain if Straka takes the middle with Jagr and someone from Hartford centers the 2nd line but I just don't believe this organization is willing to go that route. We'll see about Dupuis if he returns or not, if not I'd wager Callahan makes it, Dawes wins any other potential spot?
Haven't seen enough from Dupuis that leads me to believe that he should be brought back. I like his speed and I like his hustle but don't he needs to score more.

I think a lot hinges on Prucha and where he plays.

Old
02-26-2007, 02:01 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Norstrom
Prucha for Norstrom

Heard it on Leafs Lunch from Eklund who was a guest on the show