1. It's difficult to show everything in defensively oriented Montreal.
2. Demands to Samsonov were different from what Sergei is capable of. He took more time to adapt. It is different work from what he was used to.
3. "I have such a feeling, also a lot of people talk about this - coach doesn't like russians. It is really so. You can see it in his attitude towards us. In comparison with "french". And we can't do anything."
4. Kovalev prefers to make better weak team, than to play in stronger one. It is more interesting for him despite being more difficult.
5. "Europeans are separate, americans - the same, francophones have their own group. ... People start to work only on public. I'm tired of this. We should strive against other teams. But here everyone contend for himself. Contend against each other."
6. About youngsters "They played a bit, public loves them a little - and they behave like they've stayed 10 years in NHL." He did something with this, but some people don't pay attention to his words.
7. Kovalev wants his line, not himself, to be the best and to carry team. As an example he told this to a unnamed finn and czech - line partners last year. He tells about attitude of some of his teammates - to score and then to stop playing hard in the same game.
8. Kovalev says that when people, despite been great players, behave like this as coaches, negatives accumulate very quick.
He wants coach to be a part of team, not to be separate from or over it.
"It is easy to say: "You have captain and assistants. Do what you want. Coach must be part of a collective".
"Coach must be interested and show his personal interest".