HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

NorthWest Division Showdown Round 1: Colorado at Vancouver

Closed Thread

Old
12-11-2003, 09:39 AM
Burke's Evil Spirit

vCash: 500
I'd suggest replacing "monkey" with "simian".

Old
12-11-2003, 09:43 AM
Reign Nateo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack

I just think its funny when i read stuff from certain canuck posters (yea i shoulda said certain, i should have been more specific, sorry Jewelly) when they are winning they are the best thing in the leagie and when they lose a few they are gonna get blown out or worse. its kinda like leaf fans but not as bad.
Maybe you don't know what your talking about. Canucks fans aren't predicting the Canucks to get blown out because they are volatile and fickle fans, we are as a whole predicting them to get blown out because in the manner in which they have played recently. They gave Pittsburgh every chance to win that game, and only won because of Naslund.

If you look at teams that have really well educated fans on the game of hockey (ie Canucks, Wings, Leafs etc.) they can be extremely down on their team even if they are winning. Canucks fans were upset with the habits the Canucks were developing when they were winning earlier in the season, and now those bad habits are losing them points, it's not as if we are all over the team because they don't win every game.

A lot of Canucks fans on our board have been Canucks fans their entire lives and unless you Avs fans are 8 (which seems highly plausable) you have no idea what that is about. Some fans, including myself have been Canucks fans for 15-20 years and have seen every imaginable level of play from our team, agian something Avs fans know nothing about. Are you starting to grasp the idea here Mack? You know nothing of our team. So please, for the sake of integrity, when you feel like making a comment about Canucks fans, don't.

Old
12-11-2003, 09:47 AM
Mack

Send a message via MSN to Mack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign Nateo
Maybe you don't know what your talking about. Canucks fans aren't predicting the Canucks to get blown out because they are volatile and fickle fans, we are as a whole predicting them to get blown out because in the manner in which they have played recently. They gave Pittsburgh every chance to win that game, and only won because of Naslund.

If you look at teams that have really well educated fans on the game of hockey (ie Canucks, Wings, Leafs etc.) they can be extremely down on their team even if they are winning. Canucks fans were upset with the habits the Canucks were developing when they were winning earlier in the season, and now those bad habits are losing them points, it's not as if we are all over the team because they don't win every game.

A lot of Canucks fans on our board have been Canucks fans their entire lives and unless you Avs fans are 8 (which seems highly plausable) you have no idea what that is about. Some fans, including myself have been Canucks fans for 15-20 years and have seen every imaginable level of play from our team, agian something Avs fans know nothing about. Are you starting to grasp the idea here Mack? You know nothing of our team. So please, for the sake of integrity, when you feel like making a comment about Canucks fans, don't.

Old
12-11-2003, 09:50 AM
Reign Nateo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack

Can I get a bigger violin at least?

One day you'll reach puberty Mack and life will be a lot easier for you. :p

Old
12-11-2003, 09:55 AM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
The Modfather

vCash: 50
Thalia hit the nail on the head. If the Canucks play the way they can, this will be a good game with I believe an edge going to the Canucks. However if the team that gives lacklustre efforts and makes mistakes all over the ice shows up, the Avs will blow us out of the arena.

I'm having faith...3-2 Canucks.

~Canucklehead~

12-11-2003, 10:19 AM
Free Kassian

Well, when these two come together, no matter what the score is, you're always guaranteed one thing: a great hockey game, one that will be talked about until the next time they meet, and tonight, I'm expecting nothing less.

As long as the game is great, that's what I'll be talking about, not necessarily the score. That said, I'll go for a 3-3 tie.

Old
12-11-2003, 10:22 AM
DarioinDenver

All observers of the game tonight breath a sigh of relief. No mcgeough nor Frasier.

Tonights officials are:

Kelly Sutherland
Paul Devorski

Old
12-11-2003, 10:37 AM
Belgian Fan

I'm thinking this will be a great game tonight. From the comments I'm hearing from both sides, they both are going to be very motivated and this should make sure that it will be a very intense hockey game, like it should be between rivals.

And I think there will be more than a few goals scored too. Näslund ans Sakic are both looking pretty hot and the rest of the teams can put the puck in the back of the net too.

My prediction: 4-3 for the Avs, Hejduk and Sakic with two goals each

Old
12-11-2003, 11:05 AM
Jori

Send a message via Yahoo to Jori
This is a statement game for Aebischer imo. How well Aebi plays against high calibur teams (particularly Vancouver and Detoit) will have a big impact on how Lacroix evaluates the goaltending situation. I'm not sure how to look at this game. I watched Vancouver's last game against Pittsburgh and I admit as an Avs fan I had some optimism going into the game. However, I can't ignore the Crawford factor and the events of the last day of the regular season. I too see a close game with an intense playoff atmosphere.

Old
12-11-2003, 11:23 AM
Free Kassian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarioinDenver
All observers of the game tonight breath a sigh of relief. No mcgeough nor Frasier.

Tonights officials are:

Kelly Sutherland
Paul Devorski
I KNEW I went to Church for a reason yesterday.

Old
12-11-2003, 11:38 AM
Vman

This is the first of six matches this season between Colorado and Vancouver! It will be exciting to watch

Old
12-11-2003, 12:05 PM
Zodiac

6-3 for the Avs.

Old
12-11-2003, 01:43 PM
Yayo

Vancouver 3 (Jovanovski, King 2)
Colorado 2 (Blake, Sakic)

Old
12-11-2003, 02:19 PM
Riggins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign Nateo
If you look at teams that have really well educated fans on the game of hockey (ie Canucks, Wings, Leafs etc.) .
Come on. I see you live in Vancouver, as do I. I'm not saying the Canucks fans on this board aren't well educated about the game. But within the city, how many of those posers with Canucks flags on their cars come playoff time do you think actually know a thing or two about hockey? Not too many from what I've encountered.

Old
12-11-2003, 02:19 PM
Thalia

Apparently Hedberg has a sprained right wrist but will be playing anyway.

I was kinda hoping that Alex Auld would get the start. He's usually pretty good when he called up for these types of games.

Question marks still surround Henrik Sedin and Matt Cooke.

Edit: sprained LEFT wrist

Last edited by Thalia: 12-11-2003 at 02:48 PM.
Old
12-11-2003, 02:54 PM
Freudian
Clearly deranged

I think both goaltenders will play great and the forwards on both teams will struggle to score goals. 1-1.

Old
12-11-2003, 03:07 PM
PecaFan

With our lesser goalie in net, and general poor play of late, I'll predict 4-2 Avs, including an empty netter.

Old
12-11-2003, 04:28 PM
Upon1

Is there a trend going on here? It seems like half the Avs fans are picking the Nucks and most Nucks fans are picking the Avs.

For what it is worth, as an impartial hockey fan, I say playing the Avalanche will kick the Canucks into gear. Canucks 5 vs Avs 3

Old
12-11-2003, 05:11 PM
PecaFan

Whoa. It's Auld. Never expected that.

I'll change to 3-2 'Nucks.

Old
12-11-2003, 05:15 PM
Mr. Avalanche

5-2 Avs

Old
12-11-2003, 05:19 PM
nathan

w00t! Blake scores for the Avs 1-0!!!

Old
12-11-2003, 05:20 PM
JDB3939

Send a message via AIM to JDB3939
Blake is having a great season in Colorado so far this year I think. It seems to be going unnoticed for the most part.

Old
12-11-2003, 05:26 PM
nathan

Wow, Avs put out their tough guy line (Worrell, Cummins, McCormick) against the Sedin line

Old
12-11-2003, 05:37 PM
Mizral

Sorry, but that was not a call at all. Blake runs into Aebischers feet on slo-mo replay, Aebischer goes down like a sack of potatoes, goal is waved off and Avs PP...

Old
12-11-2003, 05:45 PM
Biggest Canuck Fan

Send a message via ICQ to Biggest Canuck Fan
The officiating is questionable... figures that a defenceman would score... tons of emotion...

Best Game of the Season so far!!!

Closed Thread