HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The "Time to Pray" GDT MTL@NYR 7:00pm

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-28-2007, 02:25 AM
  #201
Ola
Registered User
 
Ola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 17,501
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post
Well that's a new career high in shut outs for Lundy.

Think it's fair to say that regardless of what the Rangers do, he's back to form.
Yeah, he is looking better. Heard a interesting interview with Lundqvist a few weeks ago. He said that he were scrambling last year high on adrenaline, said that this season he just started to learn the trade.

I really like that attitude, cause I think there always are a risk with players who have a huge success early in their careers that they just try to perform, instead focusing on their development. Lundqvist is still only a soapmore, he is 25 y/o, but only broke through after he turned 20. He weren't spectacular during his WJC for example. Most goalies reach their prime 7-8 years into their NHL career.

At times last season, and in Europe, I felt Lundqvist could have a perfect balance in his game. In Europe I think it was because he simply owned the shooters, here last season I think it were because he kind of weren't "exposed". Though now I do sense a few flaws, that keeps him from getting into that zone, where he can play with a perfect balance.

During all Lundqvists tentures in the WCH, or against big name NHL goalies in the SEL, I didn't once feel he played against a more talented goalie, not even gooing up against Loungo, for me Lundqvist always outplayed thoose guys. I think Lundqvist defenitly have fell behind thoose guys, like Brodeur and Luongo. Though I defenitly have hopes, and I think we all should, that Lundqvist in 3-4 years can start competing with the best.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2007, 06:27 AM
  #202
ThirdEye
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 11,666
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Yeah, he is looking better. Heard a interesting interview with Lundqvist a few weeks ago. He said that he were scrambling last year high on adrenaline, said that this season he just started to learn the trade.

I really like that attitude, cause I think there always are a risk with players who have a huge success early in their careers that they just try to perform, instead focusing on their development. Lundqvist is still only a soapmore, he is 25 y/o, but only broke through after he turned 20. He weren't spectacular during his WJC for example. Most goalies reach their prime 7-8 years into their NHL career.

At times last season, and in Europe, I felt Lundqvist could have a perfect balance in his game. In Europe I think it was because he simply owned the shooters, here last season I think it were because he kind of weren't "exposed". Though now I do sense a few flaws, that keeps him from getting into that zone, where he can play with a perfect balance.

During all Lundqvists tentures in the WCH, or against big name NHL goalies in the SEL, I didn't once feel he played against a more talented goalie, not even gooing up against Loungo, for me Lundqvist always outplayed thoose guys. I think Lundqvist defenitly have fell behind thoose guys, like Brodeur and Luongo. Though I defenitly have hopes, and I think we all should, that Lundqvist in 3-4 years can start competing with the best.
He IS already competing with the best. If he started off his season the way he is playing now he would probably be right behind Brodeur in stats. I guess the fact that he didn't isn't all too bad though, since people on these boards tend to undervalue him significantly because of that. Pretty much his only weakness right now is the high shots, which is to be expected with butterfly. If he can just work on those and keep at least most of them out when they do come, there's no denying he would be the up there with the best for years to come. I'm probably just a huge homer, but I don't think Dipietro w/ the Islanders will ever be as good as Lundqvist during his peak years. He just doesn't play on the same level in my opinion

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2007, 08:18 AM
  #203
Fletch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 21,300
vCash: 500
Only saw one period...

but I'm not sure there's much to complain about. They worked hard and got a 4-0 shutout at home. Of course, you then caveat that by talking about the experience of Montreal's goaltending and the fact that they may've been a bit worn from the previous night's hard-fought battle with Toronto. Gotta be a skepticist until they prove otherwise!

Like the way the lines rolled (in that first period) and thought that when Straka returns, Cullen to Immonen's left may look pretty good - and actually, Immonen and Avery had a couple nice shifts out there too.

Glad to see Henke on track and focused - he will be key...

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2007, 08:47 AM
  #204
Chimp
Registered User
 
Chimp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: In my food garden.
Country: Sweden
Posts: 10,476
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
Wow, only 7 pages on this GDT. This might be the smallest one of the season. Disheartened Ranger fans.
Actually, it might have to do with HFboards. I had huge problems connecting and chose not to be here at all during the whole day yesterday. It probably was because there were so many games going on and a trade deadline.

Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2007, 09:21 AM
  #205
WheresBarnaby
Registered User
 
WheresBarnaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 2,607
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall View Post
what a great game, my second shut out of the season (Carolina the other)

so basically i've seen the two best ranger games of the season, i should go more often
We should all chip in for season tickets for you next year.


Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall View Post
oh and i saw Ward leave earlier today, thought that was interesting
I think my Avatars are bad luck. I was close to getting a Ward jersey this year too, Wardo was real good IMO.


Overall a good game. The PP still blows my mind. The first Jagr goal was pretty lucky so that doesn't count, but the standing around, and not shooting is so fustrating. The Hossa PP goal came at the tail was scored as soon as they started to shoot the puck. In fact I think it was the only time on that PP. Everytime the Rangers start shooting the puck lately it goes in, or it's real close, and yet for some reason it seems they would rather not.

WheresBarnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2007, 09:25 AM
  #206
in the hall
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 5,009
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheresBarnaby View Post
We should all chip in for season tickets for you next year.
i've already got seasons.... and you don't want to know my overall record this year

in the hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2007, 09:42 AM
  #207
WheresBarnaby
Registered User
 
WheresBarnaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 2,607
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall View Post
i've already got seasons.... and you don't want to know my overall record this year
So it's your fault we suck at home then,... great . lol.


My Leetch jersey is like 1 and 5 right now. I'll probably be wearing it to the Garden on Saturday, so I'm sorry in advance guys. Athough JD did sign it during that one win, so maybe that'll cause some type of vortex, or wormhole to winland. Or maybe it only helps the Blues now

WheresBarnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2007, 11:35 AM
  #208
Whoot Whoot
Biased-NYR-Homer
 
Whoot Whoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 2,683
vCash: 500
Malik Wearing the "A" last nite?

Very interesting choice with Straka, Shanny still out injured. I wonder if he is a leader in the locker room, he doesn't seem to be much of one on the ice.

And did anyone else notice the booing when he didn't shoot from the point when he was wide open?

Whoot Whoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2007, 11:52 AM
  #209
in the hall
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 5,009
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoot Whoot View Post
Very interesting choice with Straka, Shanny still out injured. I wonder if he is a leader in the locker room, he doesn't seem to be much of one on the ice.

And did anyone else notice the booing when he didn't shoot from the point when he was wide open?
thanks for reminding me, that absolutely PISSED ME OFF!!

Malik has never ever shown an ounce of leadership or presence.. and with the craptastic season he's had, and the absolute LACK of accountability Renney has shown toward him, what a terrible choice

in the hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2007, 01:11 PM
  #210
Edge
Registered User
 
Edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Sin City
Country: United States
Posts: 13,196
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Yeah, he is looking better. Heard a interesting interview with Lundqvist a few weeks ago. He said that he were scrambling last year high on adrenaline, said that this season he just started to learn the trade.

I really like that attitude, cause I think there always are a risk with players who have a huge success early in their careers that they just try to perform, instead focusing on their development. Lundqvist is still only a soapmore, he is 25 y/o, but only broke through after he turned 20. He weren't spectacular during his WJC for example. Most goalies reach their prime 7-8 years into their NHL career.

At times last season, and in Europe, I felt Lundqvist could have a perfect balance in his game. In Europe I think it was because he simply owned the shooters, here last season I think it were because he kind of weren't "exposed". Though now I do sense a few flaws, that keeps him from getting into that zone, where he can play with a perfect balance.

During all Lundqvists tentures in the WCH, or against big name NHL goalies in the SEL, I didn't once feel he played against a more talented goalie, not even gooing up against Loungo, for me Lundqvist always outplayed thoose guys. I think Lundqvist defenitly have fell behind thoose guys, like Brodeur and Luongo. Though I defenitly have hopes, and I think we all should, that Lundqvist in 3-4 years can start competing with the best.
I think he has all the tools, the real question is whether the team can build around him.

It's hard to judge Lundqvist in that regard because he is STILL playing behind a very mediocre defense and what has amounted to a .500 team.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:17 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.