HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Redden meets with Murray for confidence issues

Old
02-27-2007, 08:37 PM
delchief

vCash: 500
Whoa! Where's that guy been!

Tonight we got to see the real Wade Redden, or at least what he's capable of being. Strong on defence, timely scoring, great transition out of his zone. Atta boy, Wade!

delchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2007, 08:44 PM
Kickabrat
WHAT - ME WORRY?

Imagine, Redden is in the line up and the Sens win again. How does he do it?

Kickabrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2007, 08:46 PM
OttawaGM

Also looked to me like both Corvo and Gerber played better tonight than they have in a while. Maybe with the pressure of being moved gone they'll actually start performing up to par.

OttawaGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2007, 08:52 PM
SENSible1*

Glad to see Redden step up tonight with a goal.

More importantly, he did a good job in defending at the end of the game, looking poised and confident while clearing the puck.

Great job Wade.

SENSible1* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2007, 09:57 PM
billpo

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mars Volchenkov View Post
Maybe it's just me, but I don't recall seeing Redden play "great" before the All-Star game either...
Yeah, I don't know what people are talking about. Remember how he stunk up the joint and everyone was saying he was hurt.

billpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2007, 10:18 PM
ISensFanI

Quote:
Originally Posted by billpo View Post
Yeah, I don't know what people are talking about. Remember how he stunk up the joint and everyone was saying he was hurt.

Remember he really was hurt?

ISensFanI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2007, 10:22 PM
Brandi

I didn't like Redden in the 1st few periods.

But he did what he does so well in the 3rd.

Here's to hopin' for some great games before the playoffs

Brandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2007, 10:38 PM
senility

Nice to know that their little heart to heart was just between Redden, Murray and the wall. Oh yes, and everybody else in the world who cared to read about it. Sometimes I wonder whether Murray's loose lips are eventually going to lose him the room, if he hasn't lost it already, but maybe that's just me.

I'm not sure Redden was so great tonight, other than burying that gift from Spezza, but still it's got to be good for his confidence. I don't know what's going on with him, but clearly he's not himself lately. To his credit, when Redden is on, which isn't necessarily all that often, he is capable of winning games for this team almost single-handedly. I only hope he finds his A game by playoff time, because most of our likely first round opponents just got a whole lot better. It's a cliche, but to go anywhere, our best players are really going to have to be our best players.

senility is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2007, 12:21 AM
fras123

Quote:
Originally Posted by delchief View Post
Whoa! Where's that guy been!

Tonight we got to see the real Wade Redden, or at least what he's capable of being. Strong on defence, timely scoring, great transition out of his zone. Atta boy, Wade!

doesnt look like the old "heartless" wade, could be a sign his seasons turning around for the better

fras123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2007, 12:30 AM
Answer

W-Redz deserves a Hug for his game winning goal ...

Answer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2007, 02:16 AM
Savannah Skunk

Quote:
Stinkin' up the joint is my job.

Savannah Skunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2007, 05:57 AM
billpo

Quote:
Originally Posted by XpLiCiT_P1ayA__ View Post
W-Redz deserves a Hug for his game winning goal ...
I call it even. He was the spectator in front of the net on the second goal. You people must have blinders on. My mother could have scored with that pass from Spezza. Spezza is the one that played well that game.

Old
02-28-2007, 08:56 AM
Egil

Gerber stopped a shot that was going well wide of the net and left the rebound right between his legs. If Redden would have been in position to cover the man, he would have been screening Gerber.

Egil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2007, 09:12 AM
RTWAP*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OttawaGM View Post
Also looked to me like both Corvo and Gerber played better tonight than they have in a while. Maybe with the pressure of being moved gone they'll actually start performing up to par.
That's a good point. Corvo was pretty good. He seems to be focusing on his defensive game first, and then using his O skillz only when appropriate.

Quote:
I call it even. He was the spectator in front of the net on the second goal. You people must have blinders on. My mother could have scored with that pass from Spezza. Spezza is the one that played well that game.
He was brutally out of position on the second goal. What TF was he doing on the right side, covering Mesz's guy and leaving two Canes and the puck uncovered on his own side?

That said, if you want people to actually respect your opinions you need to take your blinders off. Redden's shot was very good, but the best part of that play is getting into position uncovered. He saw the opportunity developing before almost anyone else. He beat the forward covering him. That is a very good play, and your mother could not have done it.

Come on! Credit where credit is due.

RTWAP* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2007, 09:56 AM
billpo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTWAP View Post
That's a good point. Corvo was pretty good. He seems to be focusing on his defensive game first, and then using his O skillz only when appropriate.

He was brutally out of position on the second goal. What TF was he doing on the right side, covering Mesz's guy and leaving two Canes and the puck uncovered on his own side?

That said, if you want people to actually respect your opinions you need to take your blinders off. Redden's shot was very good, but the best part of that play is getting into position uncovered. He saw the opportunity developing before almost anyone else. He beat the forward covering him. That is a very good play, and your mother could not have done it.

Come on! Credit where credit is due.
Unlike many of you, It will take way more then 1 game to change my opinion of this player. If and when his play gets significantly better(that of a #1 dman) I will be the first to commend him on this, and eat my words. Till then....block me.

Old
02-28-2007, 10:09 AM
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy

I'm glad Redden scored a critical goal but that doesn't automatically mean that every part of his game against Carolina was stellar.

Hopefully it'll build his overall confidence.

NyQuil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2007, 10:16 AM
Captain_Cunney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandi View Post
I didn't like Redden in the 1st few periods.

But he did what he does so well in the 3rd.

Here's to hopin' for some great games before the playoffs
I agree.

He was on his way to being the goat until he buried that goal, but honestly, anyone could've scored off that pass.

He was better tonight, but he still wasn't 6.5 mil better. He was swinging his stick at people like he was in atom house league and afraid to hit someone. Wade - stickchecks are not what a d'man at your level should be doing. A couple of times he let guys walk right by him like he didn't care what was going on.

He really better step up his game over the next month. On a positive note I thought Corvo played pretty decent again, he is soft as butter (we knew that when we got him), but he is looking alot more comfortable. I still say by the mid point of next season everyone will realize he isn't really overpaid.

Captain_Cunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2007, 10:18 AM
Captain_Cunney

Quote:
I couldn't agree more. He had a couple of beautiful stretch passes out of his own end and he was really skating well with the puck.

Captain_Cunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2007, 10:20 AM
pepty

vCash: 492
Quote:
Originally Posted by senility View Post
Nice to know that their little heart to heart was just between Redden, Murray and the wall. Oh yes, and everybody else in the world who cared to read about it. Sometimes I wonder whether Murray's loose lips are eventually going to lose him the room, if he hasn't lost it already, but maybe that's just me.
I wonder about that too. I wonder if Redden knew Murray was going to talk to the press about it, if not I can't imagine that it was any fun reading about his loss of confidence in all the local media.

It reminds me of the game last year with Montreal which Ottawa easily won,. Afterwards Murray told the assembled press that the Sens players had been making bets on the bench about holding down the Habs shots on goal. Now if they did that, its fine, but for Murray to talk about it with reporters shows a lack of discretion.
It needlessly brought about charge of the Sens arrogance.

I think the players might get the idea that its not a great idea to have any confidential conversations with Murray, unless they expect to read about it next day in the Sun.

pepty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2007, 06:29 PM
fras123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Cunney View Post
I agree.

He was on his way to being the goat until he buried that goal, but honestly, anyone could've scored off that pass.

He was better tonight, but he still wasn't 6.5 mil better. He was swinging his stick at people like he was in atom house league and afraid to hit someone. Wade - stickchecks are not what a d'man at your level should be doing. A couple of times he let guys walk right by him like he didn't care what was going on.

He really better step up his game over the next month. On a positive note I thought Corvo played pretty decent again, he is soft as butter (we knew that when we got him), but he is looking alot more comfortable. I still say by the mid point of next season everyone will realize he isn't really overpaid.
i dont recall redden letting many people skate around him that game, one of the announcers even commented on his good positioning forcing players wide, and he was second in hits with 4, only higher was volchenkov with 5, he got the 3rd star too so he couldnt have played as bad as you say he did

Old
02-28-2007, 06:34 PM
RTWAP*

Quote:
Originally Posted by fras123 View Post
i dont recall redden letting many people skate around him that game, one of the announcers even commented on his good positioning forcing players wide, and he was second in hits with 4, only higher was volchenkov with 5, he got the 3rd star too so he couldnt have played as bad as you say he did
He played better than he's been lately. Instead of sucking on 50% of his shifts he got it down to about 20%. That's still not good enough, but it is a good sign for the future.

RTWAP* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2007, 08:39 PM
senility

What a pass to Spezza! I'm beginning to think that the talk worked.

senility is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2007, 11:01 PM
fras123

Quote:
He played better than he's been lately. Instead of sucking on 50% of his shifts he got it down to about 20%. That's still not good enough, but it is a good sign for the future.
i can agree with that, todays games a good example, he had 1 or 2 bad shifts that stuck out, but other than that he was pretty solid

Old
02-28-2007, 11:06 PM
Answer

atleast everyone else plays better when redden is in the lineup .. and most importantly we win.

Answer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 06:33 AM
Sylph

Nyquil, I don't know where you have been sitting at the games, but the last few games I have seen, i have been in the 100s, and close to the Sens bench and I can attest that from up close, I find Redden to be anything but lazy or unfocused. I know the guy has struggled a few games, but it was not for lack of effort. He is super intense on the ice, he is always watching the play, calling out to his teammates, you can see the look of determination on his face, as well as his frustration when he isn't playing well.

I was there for more than one of his "bad" games, where he wasn't performing, and he would skate around and pace the ice after every shift, you can tell he was frustrated and trying.

Lately, he has been doing much better, and he will be back to being Redden. A talent like him, can't stay down long.

Last night I was at the game, and for the first time I sat in the 300s, wow what a different experience!

I would just like to thank the super annoying guy in my section that kept yelling "HUSTLE UP REDDEN" every freaking time he touch the damn puck. Thanks buddy, for coaching the freaking team all the way up from section 302, the Sens army salutes you.

Sylph is offline   Reply With Quote