HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Dellapina's dribble on WFAN from 2/27

Old
03-02-2007, 03:04 PM
JamesG1221

vCash: 500
Dellapina's dribble on WFAN from 2/27

http://wfan.com/topic/play_window.ph...audioId=422386

I'm sorry if this was posted already but if it wasn't then take a listen. I was a little annoyed with the way he said a few things. First off, it's bad enough he's talking to two guys who don't know anything about hockey with the exception of Brodeur and Lou Lam- I don't need Mad dog's opinion of this team when he's probably done nothing more then looked at a few box scores here an there.

Anyway, this is how I see it. I don't need to hear a beat writer go off the handle like he's a professional hockey scout. Last year the guy was praising the Rangers, praising Sather, and praising the fact that there were players of the future. A year later a couple players aren't doing as well in the minors and now there aren't any top prospects in the organization and it's all Sather's fault and we're in for additional seasons of pain? give me a break. I usually like what Dellapina has to say and agree with him more times then not but who the hell is he to judge kids in their early 20's who have never had a chance to play at the NHL level or at a consistent pace? I've said it once and I'll say it again. Let me see Callahan, Dawes, Immonen, Dubinsky, Staal and Baranka play in top spots with legit ice time for a full season and fail before you talk about how this team is doomed for the future..

JamesG1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2007, 03:16 PM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

For the record, I think it's drivel. The word, not the interview.

I wasn't crazy about everything he said, but to me it wasn't a bash fest.

The best part about it to me was it was 80% rangers, 15% Islanders, and 5% Devils. Cept when Mike got his usual woody for the Devils GM.

03-02-2007, 03:24 PM
94now

Delapina has no hockey knwoledge. In that respect he is equal to Mike and Mad Dog. He is just a Ranger fan with some insight. All I need from from him is that insight. The rest has no value to me. People on this board are much more cool to read.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2007, 03:36 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
I actually thought this was one of the more tolerable hockey interview thse two clowns have done. The best part was the two clowns stayed out of it and did not act like they knew what they were talking about. A rare thing with them.

I think they asked questions that could get them answers without having to ask knowledgeable questions (which they can't do).

I think that Dellapina was good — and pretty fair. His concerns about the Rangers prospects are the same that have been talked about here — there's no real top 3 forward in the system.

He think his comments about Renney were particularly interesting — and spot on.

The best part was the two clowns stayed out of it and did not act like they knew what they were talking about. A rare thing with them.

03-02-2007, 03:43 PM
GentlemanOfLeisure
Ride Space Mountain

What? Russo and Frandonut didn't feel like spending 6 hours talking about Iona college basketball or Roger Federer?

GentlemanOfLeisure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2007, 05:35 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by GentlemanOfLeisure View Post
What? Russo and Frandonut didn't feel like spending 6 hours talking about Iona college basketball or Roger Federer?

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2007, 05:37 PM
Nich

my guess it was only 5 minutes....the other 5 hours and 55 minutes was dedicated to the San Fransisco Giants.....

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2007, 09:52 PM
MidnightRanger

Send a message via AIM to MidnightRanger
Dellapina is just like any other member of the New York media. Especially a "journalist" who works for either the Daily News or the New York Post. They make their money out of sensationalizing stories and taking the negative angle to entice and sell papers. They don't have a clue about what they talk about 90% of the time and have jobs because morons keep buying their papers. They are not professional and would have fit in nicely in the era of yellow journalism. What he said about the Pack was simply outrageous. I mean he sounded like he never saw a single Wolfpack game.

MidnightRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2007, 10:05 PM
PMNEWYORK

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesG1221 View Post
http://wfan.com/topic/play_window.ph...audioId=422386

I'm sorry if this was posted already but if it wasn't then take a listen. I was a little annoyed with the way he said a few things. First off, it's bad enough he's talking to two guys who don't know anything about hockey with the exception of Brodeur and Lou Lam- I don't need Mad dog's opinion of this team when he's probably done nothing more then looked at a few box scores here an there.

Anyway, this is how I see it. I don't need to hear a beat writer go off the handle like he's a professional hockey scout. Last year the guy was praising the Rangers, praising Sather, and praising the fact that there were players of the future. A year later a couple players aren't doing as well in the minors and now there aren't any top prospects in the organization and it's all Sather's fault and we're in for additional seasons of pain? give me a break. I usually like what Dellapina has to say and agree with him more times then not but who the hell is he to judge kids in their early 20's who have never had a chance to play at the NHL level or at a consistent pace? I've said it once and I'll say it again. Let me see Callahan, Dawes, Immonen, Dubinsky, Staal and Baranka play in top spots with legit ice time for a full season and fail before you talk about how this team is doomed for the future..
Forget listening to Mike & The Dog or The Fan to hear anything sensible about hockey.
Go online and listen to The Fan590 in Toronto. Plenty of hockey news and opinions and analysis. Some you will agree with, some you won't, but at least there is plenty of hockey programming to enjoy

PMNEWYORK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 08:09 AM
bubba5

He is just basically telling you, that you will never see these guys up from the minors, or at least never given a realistic chance to make it. Rangers history will tell you that. They will always bring in veterans that will waste, I mean take up space, leaving only some 4th line spots open, where skilled players will never succeed, ask Nigal Dawes, ask Manny Malholtra, ask Jamie Lundmark, even ask Prucha, who fell to forth line duty this year only to be moved up because of injuries.

bubba5 is offline   Reply With Quote