HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

GDT: Predators vs Sharks - 2.28.07

Old
03-01-2007, 11:10 AM
Jarnberg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenWheel View Post
If Vasicek is just going to sit on the bench, why didn't we trade him for a top goon who can get out there and stop this crap we've been taking. I guess it's too late now, but hopefully someone on the roster can send a message.
Heh.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 11:12 AM
Olaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0e Th0rnton View Post
They are replacable. Marleau and Hannan are not.

Sullivan is a career second liner. Marleau is a first line center or Winger.
Hannan is our #1 shutdown guy, and when he is out, we need to rely on 2 AHL caliber men because Rivet has not gotten here yet. Hartnell is a decent 3rd liner.
So are you saying the Sharks have little depth?

Injuries are part of the game, look at the Preds in last year's playoff series.

Olaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 11:19 AM
likewall32
**putt meem hear**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olaf View Post
So are you saying the Sharks have little depth?

Injuries are part of the game, look at the Preds in last year's playoff series.
Well, it's not that the Sharks have little depth, but why play with two #6/#7 defenseman when you can play with a top pairing and a mid pairing defenseman? I'd say the semi-decent play of Davison and Murray goes a long way towards making them only partial heartattacks on the blueline. I'm not saying that if Hannan and Rivet are playing, the Sharks win, but Davison and Murray were both -1, so it definitely becomes a different game. Outcome of that, unknown.

likewall32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 11:24 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by likewall32 View Post
Well, it's not that the Sharks have little depth, but why play with two #6/#7 defenseman when you can play with a top pairing and a mid pairing defenseman? I'd say the semi-decent play of Davison and Murray goes a long way towards making them only partial heartattacks on the blueline. I'm not saying that if Hannan and Rivet are playing, the Sharks win, but Davison and Murray were both -1, so it definitely becomes a different game. Outcome of that, unknown.
The point is, injuries simply can't be blamed when both teams were missing key players. You can say, 'Well, the Sharks injuries were more significant,' and maybe in a vacuum they were...but Sullivan and Hartnell LEAD THE TEAM IN GOALS. It makes us go from a team with three serious scoring threats to 1 and a half. Instead of a third line that's one of the deadlier third lines in the league....Hartnell Legwand Radulov...you have Legwand centering Tootoo and Fiddler(and Radulov a few shifts). On top of that, as mentioned...Hamhuis was originally not going to play because of a bad case of the flu, and Timonen has been missing games here and there for a nagging hand injury. It's easy to say, "If Marleau and Hannan were in(I'll give you those two, but not Rivet) we would have won," but it's just as easy to say, "And if Hartnell and Sullivan were in, and our blueline was 100 percent, we still would have won." All the would've\could've\should've is....really tacky, honestly...and I'm glad to see it's not ALL Sharks fans.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 11:25 AM
Jarnberg

Its pointless to argue who's injuries were more important. Regardless of if Sharks player X is better than Predators player Y or whatever. Both teams had key players injured who impact their teams in their absence.

To simply suggest that the Sharks would have for sure won if they had Marleau, Hannan and Rivet (yet to play with the Sharks) is stupid and pointless. Just like me speculating that with Hartnell and Sullivan we put you guys away in the third period when we had the lead. Its pointless.

Old
03-01-2007, 11:28 AM
Jarnberg

And one last thing is that we shouldn't even be discussing this. Our teams played a solid, entertaining game last night. Neither team deserved to lose by a shootout and each team earned their points last night. That should be the discussion.

Old
03-01-2007, 11:33 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

I hope the Vokoun we saw last night is back and here to stay. Our chances this year get exponentially better if he gets back to doing that consistently.

Old
03-01-2007, 11:39 AM
likewall32
**putt meem hear**

Exactly. Last night was a very entertaining hockey game. Period. From a Sharks PoV, it was nice to see them hang in tough with one of the best teams in the NHL, despite missing 2 key players (and one partial key player), from a Predators PoV, it was good to see the Predators generate 3 goals against one of the stingier defenses in the NHL, despite missing 2 top goal scorers.

If this were to be a playoff series, it definitely (from the looks of last night) looks like it could be a very well played and intense one. Good luck to you guys, and hope to see you late in the playoffs (assuming you guys make it ) .

likewall32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 11:45 AM
OpenWheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
Heh.
Oops, I meant Vishnevski. Played 2 minutes.

Anyway, after the abuse we've taken, in my opinion, the last few games. It made me think that we don't really have any guys that anybody's scared of. We have guys tough enough to mix it up, but nobody who's large and would really scare you.

OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 12:00 PM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenWheel View Post
Oops, I meant Vishnevski. Played 2 minutes.

Anyway, after the abuse we've taken, in my opinion, the last few games. It made me think that we don't really have any guys that anybody's scared of. We have guys tough enough to mix it up, but nobody who's large and would really scare you.
I wasn't trying to be an ass, I wasn't sure if you were being sarcastic with Vasicek.

But to your post, yes, it is alarming that we haven't answered the cheap shots. Perhaps our answer came from the scoreboard yes. But its where Hordichuk (when playing) or Tootoo should have come out and made a statement.

Old
03-01-2007, 01:59 PM
jstreet

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
I wasn't trying to be an ass, I wasn't sure if you were being sarcastic with Vasicek.

But to your post, yes, it is alarming that we haven't answered the cheap shots. Perhaps our answer came from the scoreboard yes. But its where Hordichuk (when playing) or Tootoo should have come out and made a statement.

yeah, but we would have probably been down a man and torched on the PP a couple of more times also.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 02:15 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

I have to take a second to give some props to Zidlicky.

He had gotten into everyone's doghouse, but I think he's been completely better at both ends of the ice the past few games. It'd be something else if he came around and put it back together in time for the playoffs. He's been great from the point on the PP, not so much shooting, but distributing the puck between Forsberg and Kariya.