HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

Fire Ruff and trade half the team.

Closed Thread

Old
12-11-2003, 10:44 AM
KillToronto

vCash:
Fire Ruff and trade half the team.

Recently, it has come to my attention that the Sabres have no heart or courage whatsoever. They rarely, if ever, come back from being down in a game, nobody aside from Peters (and Kalinin heh) can or will fight, and Lindy Ruff is the epitome of a boring, uninspiring, talentless coach who couldn't motivate his team if his life depended on it.

Somebody should show this team clips from the 1970's Flyers teams. That team didn't have a whole lot of talent (granted they had more than the Sabres do now) but it was thier heart, their pride, and thier courage and willingness to fight anybody and stand up for one another that made them feared around the league.....and because of that, they won two consecutive Stanley Cups. I would be shocked to death if I ever saw the Sabres play inspired hockey and outmuscle a team. Our defense is a so soft it's pathetic. We should trade Zhitnik, Delmore, and Campbell for Cairns, Marchment, and Purinton. I could care less if they don't score, at least the Sabres won't be pushed around like schoolgirls game after game. Makes me sick.

We need a coach who will actully get pissed and scream when we start to play like crap or get scored on. We don't need Ruff who stands there with his arms crossed doing nothing all night. I'm getting awfully sick of seeing his stone-face every game. Jesus get pissed and throw ***** every once in a while! Sitting players is ok, but obviously it isn't working. Scream in someone's face and embarrass the hell out of him in front of everyone. That's what my hockey coaches have done and usually players change what thier doing wrong when that happens. Lindy Ruff and the entire Sabre team has no balls. It's so depressing.

Old
12-11-2003, 11:56 AM
Takeo

vCash: 500
Trading players like Satan and Biron is gonna be tough because of their contracts. I think a shakeup will ultimately come from Rochester.

I'd like to see:

Hecht--Briere--Dumont
Kotalik--Drury--Pominville
Pyatt--Roy--Afinogenov
Peters--Brown--Mair

And I agree that #5/#6 d-men like Cairns, Marchment, etc. would be nice additions to the backend.

Old
12-11-2003, 12:25 PM
Devo-2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeo21
I'd like to see:

Hecht--Briere--Dumont
Pyatt--Roy--Afinogenov
Peters--Brown--Mair
I like those lines, and would like to see both Roy and Pominville get a shot with the big club.

Old
12-11-2003, 12:37 PM
Mr Brownstone

Send a message via AIM to Mr Brownstone Send a message via MSN to Mr Brownstone Send a message via Yahoo to Mr Brownstone
Quote:
That line has so much firepower it's sickening.

Old
12-11-2003, 12:51 PM
MLH

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresIn05
That line has so much firepower it's sickening.
A sniper, a guy with 4 goals, and an AHLer. I've seen better.

Old
12-11-2003, 01:28 PM
djhn579

Help from Rochester can only come if we make some trades or have people on injured reserve. Unfortunately, Regier will do nothing major until the trade deadline so he can get the best return.

I mentioned Firing Ruff a while back, but kind of backed off on that while he was benching players for not performing. I just don't see this team playing with motivation on a consistent basis and that has to come from coaching. This is a young team, it should be fairly easy to teach young players to play with a little motivation and to show a little backbone. Ted Nolan managed to do it, and several other relatively new coaches have been able to do it with young teams as well. It's time to take a hard look at the coaching staff.

P.S. This message in no way endorses the return of Ted Nolan or that I'm on the "Ted Nolan bandwagon". He is only mentioned here as an example...

Old
12-11-2003, 02:02 PM
TVanek26*

Send a message via AIM to TVanek26*
Don't expect any changes.This team will stay in mediocrity for the next couple of seasons, with a 30 million dollar payroll and trying to build through the draft( which will probably fail).

Old
12-11-2003, 02:58 PM
Mr Brownstone

Send a message via AIM to Mr Brownstone Send a message via MSN to Mr Brownstone Send a message via Yahoo to Mr Brownstone
Quote:
Originally Posted by BartG101
I was stating that all 3 of those guys have cannons.

Old
12-11-2003, 03:09 PM
Takeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BartG101
I think a more applicable term to describe Pominville is "rookie" not "AHLer" which implies career AHLer. That changes the whole perception of the line.

Old
12-11-2003, 03:16 PM
MLH

Quote:
I think a more applicable term to describe Pominville is "rookie" not "AHLer" which implies career AHLer. That changes the whole perception of the line.
Rookie is also misleading. It implies that he actually deserves to be here rather than just a call up to provide a spark.

Old
12-11-2003, 03:20 PM
billsandsabres
nhl 94 aficianado

i would like to see the plug pulled on boulton
i have nothing against him and he is a good skater, but he just isn't intimidating other players and he's not fighting a whole lot either

peters, on the other hand, fights a ton, and has comparable skating ability- i think its time for him to play a lot more, and i'm sure i'm not alone on this one

Old
12-11-2003, 03:45 PM
Takeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by djhn579
Help from Rochester can only come if we make some trades or have people on injured reserve. Unfortunately, Regier will do nothing major until the trade deadline so he can get the best return.
Not necessarily. Maybe Regier could deal Campbell for a 3rd and then flip the pick for a player like Cairns. Same goes for Delmore...well alright a 5th. Or waive the likes of Boulton. But if we can beef up the D, I wouldn't mind rolling 4 scoring lines.

HECHT--BRIERE--DUMONT
KOTALIK--DRURY--POMINVILLE
BROWN--ROY--SATAN (checking responsibility)
PYATT--MAIR--AFINOGENOV

Either way, Pominville and Roy would be a couple of welcomed fresh faces.

Old
12-11-2003, 04:02 PM
Weezel RX7

Send a message via AIM to Weezel RX7
Quote:
Originally Posted by billsandsabres
i would like to see the plug pulled on boulton
i have nothing against him and he is a good skater, but he just isn't intimidating other players and he's not fighting a whole lot either

peters, on the other hand, fights a ton, and has comparable skating ability- i think its time for him to play a lot more, and i'm sure i'm not alone on this one
i dont think u can compare peters skating to boulton, boulton is the 2nd fastest skater on the team next to max...tho i still dont like boulton, u have to give him the benefit of the doubt. i would also like to see him go tho

Old
12-11-2003, 05:47 PM
Tucker

Quote:

I think he goes from AHLer to rookie when he establishes himself. Getting called up establishes nada.

What exactly has Kotalik done to deserve the high praise...just curious.

Old
12-11-2003, 05:59 PM
Takeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucker
I think he goes from AHLer to rookie when he establishes himself. Getting called up establishes nada.
"AHLer" implies a career underachiever or a player with skills sub-par to NHL standards. "Rookie" has a neutral connotation. It means nothing more than a player with less than 1 year experience in the league. Let Jason prove himself, for better or worse, before you tag him with a slanted designation.

Quote:
What exactly has Kotalik done to deserve the high praise...just curious.
Are you asking me? When did I praise Kotalik?

Old
12-11-2003, 06:03 PM
Tucker

Quote:
"AHLer" implies a career underachiever or a player with skills sub-par to NHL standards. "Rookie" has a neutral connotation. It means nothing more than a player with less than 1 year experience in the league. Let Jason prove himself, for better or worse, before you tag him with a slanted designation.

I don't find AHLer negative when you haven't done anything in the NHL...matter of opinion...no big deal.

Old
12-11-2003, 06:06 PM
Tucker

Quote:
Are you asking me? When did I praise Kotalik?

You suggested putting him with Drury...I think Max is fine there he has earned it of late.

Old
12-11-2003, 06:12 PM
Takeo

Quote:
...matter of opinion...no big deal.
Agreed.

Old
12-11-2003, 06:14 PM
Takeo

Quote:
You suggested putting him with Drury...I think Max is fine there he has earned it of late.
I've actually been very impressed with Max lately. With regard to my lines, I was just trying to get Pominville in the mix and needed a LW. No comment intended on either player really.

Old
12-11-2003, 06:20 PM
MLH

Quote:
Well, I see it differently. I think AHLer is one that belongs in the AHL. Right now I think he's an AHLer. I see no negative connotation with the league.

Old
12-11-2003, 06:24 PM
Tucker

Quote:
I've actually been very impressed with Max lately. With regard to my lines, I was just trying to get Pominville in the mix and needed a LW. No comment intended on either player really.

Well you wiped out both of Drury's current linemates so it is a reflection of what you think...unless you didn't mean it.

Old
12-11-2003, 08:15 PM
Takeo

Just read that Yelle went down tonight on the Rumours boards, depleting the Calgary middle.

I think a Brown + 3rd for Gauthier + 5th type of deal could work. Regier could then flip Campbell for a decent pick. Z and his contract would also become expendable at the deadline.

I think a left-side of Kalinin, McKee, Gauthier, and Tallinder is pretty solid.

It's all so easy!

Old
12-12-2003, 12:51 PM
Tucker

Quote:
Just read that Yelle went down tonight on the Rumours boards, depleting the Calgary middle.

I think a Brown + 3rd for Gauthier + 5th type of deal could work. Regier could then flip Campbell for a decent pick. Z and his contract would also become expendable at the deadline.

It's all so easy!

I like the trade idea but the Campbell part worries me...could we really get a decent pick for Campbell????

Old
12-15-2003, 05:33 AM
LALALALALALAFONTAINE

Quote:
Originally Posted by djhn579

I mentioned Firing Ruff a while back, but kind of backed off on that while he was benching players for not performing. I just don't see this team playing with motivation on a consistent basis and that has to come from coaching. This is a young team, it should be fairly easy to teach young players to play with a little motivation and to show a little backbone. Ted Nolan managed to do it, and several other relatively new coaches have been able to do it with young teams as well. It's time to take a hard look at the coaching staff.

P.S. This message in no way endorses the return of Ted Nolan or that I'm on the "Ted Nolan bandwagon". He is only mentioned here as an example...
Ted Nolan didn't manage to do it. What young players did he teach?

Curtis Brown? Back to the AHL
Vaclav Varada? Back to the AHL
Jay McKee? In the pressbox
Miro Satan? In the doghouse
Dawe? Same as he ever was.
Plante? Same as he ever was.

Old
12-15-2003, 05:38 AM
LALALALALALAFONTAINE

Quote:

It's all so easy!
Meanwhile, we have 8 billion left defenseman on the roster.

You wonder why the defense sucks this year? Defensemen are out of position. Choose three LD and go out and acquire RD.

Personally, I would keep Z, Kalinin and Tallinder. On the right side, find two RD after Fitzpatrick. IMO, this means you deal McKee and Campbell. It also means you don't go after Allen or Gauthier. You find a RD who can play physically.

Closed Thread