HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Fire Ruff and trade half the team.

Closed Thread

Old
12-15-2003, 05:48 AM
LALALALALALAFONTAINE

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillToronto
Recently, it has come to my attention that the Sabres have no heart or courage whatsoever. They rarely, if ever, come back from being down in a game, nobody aside from Peters (and Kalinin heh) can or will fight, and Lindy Ruff is the epitome of a boring, uninspiring, talentless coach who couldn't motivate his team if his life depended on it.
The Sabres have come back three times in games where they've been down. That's probably about average and may be above average.

Quote:
Somebody should show this team clips from the 1970's Flyers teams. That team didn't have a whole lot of talent (granted they had more than the Sabres do now) but it was thier heart, their pride, and thier courage and willingness to fight anybody and stand up for one another that made them feared around the league.....and because of that, they won two consecutive Stanley Cups. I would be shocked to death if I ever saw the Sabres play inspired hockey and outmuscle a team. Our defense is a so soft it's pathetic. We should trade Zhitnik, Delmore, and Campbell for Cairns, Marchment, and Purinton. I could care less if they don't score, at least the Sabres won't be pushed around like schoolgirls game after game. Makes me sick.
The 1970s Flyers had no talent? Bobby Clarke: Hall of Fame. Bill Barber: Hall of Fame. Bernie Parent: Hall of Fame. Reggie Leach: All Star. Rick MacLeish: All Star. Moose Dupont: All Star. Jimmy Watson: All Star.

Cairns, Marchment and Purinton? Are we trying to lose hockey games here?

Quote:
We need a coach who will actully get pissed and scream when we start to play like crap or get scored on. We don't need Ruff who stands there with his arms crossed doing nothing all night. I'm getting awfully sick of seeing his stone-face every game. Jesus get pissed and throw ***** every once in a while! Sitting players is ok, but obviously it isn't working. Scream in someone's face and embarrass the hell out of him in front of everyone. That's what my hockey coaches have done and usually players change what thier doing wrong when that happens. Lindy Ruff and the entire Sabre team has no balls. It's so depressing.
I'm convinced. Style matters more than substance. Ruff would be a much better coach if he threw sticks onto the ice.

What would the panty wearing crowd who gasped when Ruff joked about Afinogenov being left behind in Rochester do if he called Satan a euphemism for a cat?

It did wonders in Washington this year.

Old
12-15-2003, 05:58 AM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

vCash: 500
Quote:
I'm convinced. Style matters more than substance. Ruff would be a much better coach if he threw sticks onto the ice.

What would the panty wearing crowd who gasped when Ruff joked about Afinogenov being left behind in Rochester do if he called Satan a euphemism for a cat?

It did wonders in Washington this year.
Ruff would have to rip into Drury for letting the situation with his wife affect his on-ice performance for things to go the way they did in Washington with Cassidy at the end.

Closed Thread