HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

Hey look, it is John Muckler.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-02-2007, 11:45 AM
  #51
The Fuhr
Registered User
 
The Fuhr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hamilton,Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 35,611
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandi View Post
LOL ..

So we have a few groups of people

Some of which believe in Muckler.
Some of which are indifferent.
Some of which would rather SEE THE SENS LOSE TO GET RID OF HIM. - Lord have mercy on you folks. And who do we bow too? A kid making fun of an old man. I can't see that idolistic in my eyes. But if that floats your boat. Whatever.

Heck, why not create Sens Suck threads on here every day, just to prove how much Muckler sucks.

It's almost like you're a Sens fan, on a Sens board, with a bunch of Leafs and Sabres fans.

Let's just ignore the fact that we have one of the best records since Christmas. Yup, Muckler sucks, Mruray sucks, Emery sucks, Gerber Sucks. What the hell, they all stink.

We have been a competing team for 5 or so years. Yup, the whole organization is crap. I just can't believe we can have this type of talent.

Lets not forget that the Stanley cup is one of the hardest trophies to win in all of sport.

And for you critics of me, don't assume that I'm not frustrated. I get frustrated. But I know I couldn't do a better job than anyone in the front office. I don't single handidily wish failure apon a team to prove a point.

The Fuhr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2007, 11:47 AM
  #52
billpo
Registered User
 
billpo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Country: Greece
Posts: 3,694
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by XpLiCiT_P1ayA__ View Post
that kid has too much time on his hands .. he needs alot of growing up to do
HEYYYYY!!!!! That kid is my son.....

billpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2007, 11:59 AM
  #53
The Fuhr
Registered User
 
The Fuhr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hamilton,Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 35,611
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by billpo View Post
HEYYYYY!!!!! That kid is my son.....

The Fuhr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2007, 12:04 PM
  #54
billpo
Registered User
 
billpo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Country: Greece
Posts: 3,694
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandi View Post
LOL ..

So we have a few groups of people

Some of which believe in Muckler.
Some of which are indifferent.
Some of which would rather SEE THE SENS LOSE TO GET RID OF HIM. - Lord have mercy on you folks. And who do we bow too? A kid making fun of an old man. I can't see that idolistic in my eyes. But if that floats your boat. Whatever.

Heck, why not create Sens Suck threads on here every day, just to prove how much Muckler sucks.

It's almost like you're a Sens fan, on a Sens board, with a bunch of Leafs and Sabres fans.

Let's just ignore the fact that we have one of the best records since Christmas. Yup, Muckler sucks, Mruray sucks, Emery sucks, Gerber Sucks. What the hell, they all stink.

We have been a competing team for 5 or so years. Yup, the whole organization is crap. I just can't believe we can have this type of talent.

Lets not forget that the Stanley cup is one of the hardest trophies to win in all of sport.

And for you critics of me, don't assume that I'm not frustrated. I get frustrated. But I know I couldn't do a better job than anyone in the front office. I don't single handidily wish failure apon a team to prove a point.
You know what Brandi. If all it was about was competing that would be great. Bit its about winning. Around the rest of the league, we are known as CHOKERS.

And one more thing, I for one, DO think I can do a better job. Because I would have pulled the trigger on the Roberts or Ryan Smyth trade.

billpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2007, 12:50 PM
  #55
Roy G Biv*
 
Roy G Biv*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,912
vCash: 500
It's a nerdy kid in an Argentina jersey using his hands as glasses, and mimicing Muckler in a pre-pubescent voice.

There is a comedy making millions in theatres, about Tim Allen, Martin Lawrence, Filliam H. Muffman, and John Travolta attempting to solve some existential mid-life crisis by riding motorcycles, making gay jokes, and getting pantsed.

I'm thinking it's ok to chuckle at the former.

Roy G Biv* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2007, 01:24 PM
  #56
Hell on Heels
classless chick :(
 
Hell on Heels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Ottawa & on the road
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,556
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Hell on Heels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandi View Post
LOL ..

So we have a few groups of people

Some of which believe in Muckler.
Some of which are indifferent.
Some of which would rather SEE THE SENS LOSE TO GET RID OF HIM. - Lord have mercy on you folks. And who do we bow too? A kid making fun of an old man. I can't see that idolistic in my eyes. But if that floats your boat. Whatever.

Heck, why not create Sens Suck threads on here every day, just to prove how much Muckler sucks.

It's almost like you're a Sens fan, on a Sens board, with a bunch of Leafs and Sabres fans.

Let's just ignore the fact that we have one of the best records since Christmas. Yup, Muckler sucks, Mruray sucks, Emery sucks, Gerber Sucks. What the hell, they all stink.

We have been a competing team for 5 or so years. Yup, the whole organization is crap. I just can't believe we can have this type of talent.

Lets not forget that the Stanley cup is one of the hardest trophies to win in all of sport.

And for you critics of me, don't assume that I'm not frustrated. I get frustrated. But I know I couldn't do a better job than anyone in the front office. I don't single handidily wish failure apon a team to prove a point.



It's true. I agree with everything you've said, Brandi.

Ottawa fans are some of the WORST fans in any sport, anywhere. Not all of us. The bandwagon group of us. The ones that will ride on the bus when we're on a high and pledge allegiance to the captain, then jump off when things are bad and start *****ing out everyone but themselves. We have our diehards, which I have an endless amount of respect for, which will stick true to their team through thick and thin. But there's some of the "fans" that only show up when the team is down, trying to prove why this guy sucks or we need to lose this guy, and our season is officially over because they aren't the GM.

I hate our fan base sometimes. We're such temperamental fans. At least the Leaf fans still believe, even if they know it's going to be hard to get in, and don't have the infighting like we do. There's a reason why we don't have the same numbers they do; not just because we're a newer team in a smaller market, but because we throw hissy fits all the time over small stupid things.

If one thing goes wrong with this team, one player falls on his ass on the ice, it's Muckler's fault. It's Murray's fault for not teaching him to skate properly. It's Muckler's fault for not winning the arm-wrestling match with Martin to get a single player, the player who is apparently the hockey version of Jesus and will come to lead us to the holy land with one hand, and because of that the world is ending.

The NHL now is more competitive. If you could properly predict at the beginning of the season where the Cup would be going in the spring then the entire season is useless. You never know what can happen; what team shows up motivated, what players can stand up to the psychological pressure, who gets injured at a key time, who panics and who can handle themselves. You never know. One second can change a game. One game can change everything. And that's why I'm a hockey fan. The unpredictability.

We're lucky to have a successful team for so long. Success can be debated, and it still will be. But I still remember how excited the city was when we got to play our first game in the playoffs. The atmosphere we had was amazing. What happened to that? Did we get too far ahead of ourselves? Do we expect too much?

We're successful for having a quality team for several years now. For having a player in the top scorers each year of that. For getting up a playoff spot each year. For winning the games we weren't supposed to, and the ones we didn't need to. We're successful because we have been the team that just dreamed of getting to round one, and then later only missing the finals by three minutes. We're successful because we are recognized around the league as a young, talented team that other teams bring their best games to play against. We were having a mediocre first-half of the season, but now we are back up fighting for home-ice advantage now in the second-half. We're the team that started off as being the media's target, but ended up as one of their favorites again. And that to me is success. Go around the league and ask the fans of the teams that haven't had the success or luck that we have, ask the Atlanta fans, if we are successful or not. If we are a good team or not. If we are "chokers". I'm pretty sure they'd love to be in our shoes right now.

Hell on Heels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2007, 02:04 PM
  #57
PeterSidorkiewicz
Original *** allstar
 
PeterSidorkiewicz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Michigan
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 15,020
vCash: 500
For the post above me, I absolutely agree. Nothing wrong to criticise the team when its warranted, but it almost seems like some fans want the team to fail to get change in the team and front office, rather than WIN and keep the same guys.

And if were considered chokers, then the Blues, Leafs, Blackhawks (90s), Sharks, etc are alllllllllll in the same boat.

I think we easily have the top management in the NHL, or at least one of the top management, our drafting and competitiveness without deep pockets is a pretty amazing feat, and once the cup comes, its gonna be great.

PeterSidorkiewicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2007, 02:05 PM
  #58
Roy G Biv*
 
Roy G Biv*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,912
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverCup View Post
It's true. I agree with everything you've said, Brandi.

Ottawa fans are some of the WORST fans in any sport, anywhere. Not all of us. The bandwagon group of us. The ones that will ride on the bus when we're on a high and pledge allegiance to the captain, then jump off when things are bad and start *****ing out everyone but themselves. We have our diehards, which I have an endless amount of respect for, which will stick true to their team through thick and thin. But there's some of the "fans" that only show up when the team is down, trying to prove why this guy sucks or we need to lose this guy, and our season is officially over because they aren't the GM.

I hate our fan base sometimes. We're such temperamental fans. At least the Leaf fans still believe, even if they know it's going to be hard to get in, and don't have the infighting like we do. There's a reason why we don't have the same numbers they do; not just because we're a newer team in a smaller market, but because we throw hissy fits all the time over small stupid things.

If one thing goes wrong with this team, one player falls on his ass on the ice, it's Muckler's fault. It's Murray's fault for not teaching him to skate properly. It's Muckler's fault for not winning the arm-wrestling match with Martin to get a single player, the player who is apparently the hockey version of Jesus and will come to lead us to the holy land with one hand, and because of that the world is ending.

The NHL now is more competitive. If you could properly predict at the beginning of the season where the Cup would be going in the spring then the entire season is useless. You never know what can happen; what team shows up motivated, what players can stand up to the psychological pressure, who gets injured at a key time, who panics and who can handle themselves. You never know. One second can change a game. One game can change everything. And that's why I'm a hockey fan. The unpredictability.

We're lucky to have a successful team for so long. Success can be debated, and it still will be. But I still remember how excited the city was when we got to play our first game in the playoffs. The atmosphere we had was amazing. What happened to that? Did we get too far ahead of ourselves? Do we expect too much?

We're successful for having a quality team for several years now. For having a player in the top scorers each year of that. For getting up a playoff spot each year. For winning the games we weren't supposed to, and the ones we didn't need to. We're successful because we have been the team that just dreamed of getting to round one, and then later only missing the finals by three minutes. We're successful because we are recognized around the league as a young, talented team that other teams bring their best games to play against. We were having a mediocre first-half of the season, but now we are back up fighting for home-ice advantage now in the second-half. We're the team that started off as being the media's target, but ended up as one of their favorites again. And that to me is success. Go around the league and ask the fans of the teams that haven't had the success or luck that we have, ask the Atlanta fans, if we are successful or not. If we are a good team or not. If we are "chokers". I'm pretty sure they'd love to be in our shoes right now.
Yah, but Murray sucks.

Roy G Biv* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2007, 02:52 PM
  #59
billpo
Registered User
 
billpo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Country: Greece
Posts: 3,694
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterSidorkiewicz View Post
For the post above me, I absolutely agree. Nothing wrong to criticise the team when its warranted, but it almost seems like some fans want the team to fail to get change in the team and front office, rather than WIN and keep the same guys.

And if were considered chokers, then the Blues, Leafs, Blackhawks (90s), Sharks, etc are alllllllllll in the same boat.

I think we easily have the top management in the NHL, or at least one of the top management, our drafting and competitiveness without deep pockets is a pretty amazing feat, and once the cup comes, its gonna be great.

I think you're wrong about the top NHL Management. That went when Marshall Johnson left the organization....

billpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2007, 11:21 PM
  #60
fras123
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Kelowna, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 874
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by billpo View Post
You know what Brandi. If all it was about was competing that would be great. Bit its about winning. Around the rest of the league, we are known as CHOKERS.

And one more thing, I for one, DO think I can do a better job. Because I would have pulled the trigger on the Roberts or Ryan Smyth trade.
Please dont make me think of you in the front office, i will be having nightmares for weeks.

fras123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2007, 11:51 PM
  #61
Answer
Registered User
 
Answer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,579
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by billpo View Post
HEYYYYY!!!!! That kid is my son.....
you serious?

Answer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 06:24 AM
  #62
billpo
Registered User
 
billpo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Country: Greece
Posts: 3,694
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by XpLiCiT_P1ayA__ View Post
you serious?
Only if you beleive me.....

billpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:04 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.