HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Proof is in the patience...

Old
02-28-2007, 06:26 PM
94now

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
in reference to the PP, I don't care what he said to his players. It's the actions on the ice and the players are not 100% responsible for their actions on the ice - a coach is somewhat responsible. If Pock goes out there and makes bonehead play after bonehead play, I don't expect Renney to say stop doing that and it happens, I expect a replacement. If the PP is not working how he wants to work it, then he needs to change it around, or change the personnel around, or change the way he allocates the PP ice time. Not go out there with the same group of give night-in and night-out and wait until the same PP gets it right finally. He did change it around, and it seemed to get better - I credit Renney for the better PP of late, not the players involved in it.
With that I agree, although I'm sure Renney speaks to player before discipline him. That is like any other managerial people handling. Players are workers after all. You can run a sweat shop and get results or you have co-operative like environment and get same results. In any case the manager must be technically savvy to get the respect of subordinates whether they are slaves or partners. I think Renney got that. The rest is up to particular way of people handling. As I sad any methods could yield the fruits. However, managing the scientists should be different than that for garbage handlers. That is why some coaches rather have lower skill players they can whip any given time. I think Renney is good for the group that is represented by Jagr, while Ruff and Julien have simpler pieces for their mechanisms.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote