HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Comrie going away party

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-11-2003, 10:57 AM
  #1
strokes555
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 220
vCash: 500
Comrie going away party

Last weekend a buddy and I were able to go to Comrie's going away party (we were able to go through Jarrett Stoll). Comrie said by the end of the week he would be in eihter Anaheim or Phoenix.

Has anyone heard these Phoenix rumours before.
Of course this was before the whole 2.5 million thing. On a side note most of the oilers were very arrogant and unapproachable with the exception of stoll, bergeron and salmo.

strokes555 is offline  
Old
12-11-2003, 10:58 AM
  #2
elphy101
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: City of Champions
Posts: 1,568
vCash: 500
not to be mean but isn't Salmo in Hamilton?

elphy101 is offline  
Old
12-11-2003, 11:00 AM
  #3
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher
 
Mowzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Lebanon, Alberta
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 8,388
vCash: 500
MAB is an awesome guy, I ran into him once at the club and he was more than willing to talk hockey, we ended up talking for a good 15 minutes, very approachable. J.Ninnimma was another guy I loved talking to, always seen him on Whyte Ave. and he always had time to talk.

Mowzie is offline  
Old
12-11-2003, 11:01 AM
  #4
strokes555
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 220
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by elphy101
not to be mean but isn't Salmo in Hamilton?
yeah he is now, but he was at the party for some reason

strokes555 is offline  
Old
12-11-2003, 11:02 AM
  #5
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher
 
Mowzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Lebanon, Alberta
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 8,388
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by elphy101
not to be mean but isn't Salmo in Hamilton?
not to be mean but wasnt he still in Edmonton last weekend and then got sent down after the weekend meaning he would have still been here when the party was partook.

Mowzie is offline  
Old
12-11-2003, 11:02 AM
  #6
dawgbone
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,104
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Quote:
Originally Posted by strokes555
On a side note most of the oilers were very arrogant and unapproachable with the exception of stoll, bergeron and salmo.
And the purpose of this comment was....?????

Oh, btw, Salmo was sent to Toronto on the 28th of November, making it rather hard for him to be at a party on the 6th of December... not to mention he played on Saturday and Sunday.

dawgbone is offline  
Old
12-11-2003, 11:05 AM
  #7
dawgbone
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,104
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Quote:
Originally Posted by mowzie
not to be mean but wasnt he still in Edmonton last weekend and then got sent down after the weekend meaning he would have still been here when the party was partook.
That would be rather hard as the Runners had games on Nov 29th and 30th (that Salmo played in), as well as on the 5th, 6th and 7th.

Not sure when he had the time to fly back to Edmonton to go to a party.

dawgbone is offline  
Old
12-11-2003, 11:07 AM
  #8
USC Trojans
I have a plan.
 
USC Trojans's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: LA Oiler fan
Posts: 11,939
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgbone
Not sure when he had the time to fly back to Edmonton to go to a party.
Hey...to send Comrie off on his way...I'd climb to the top of Mt. Everest for his going away party.

USC Trojans is offline  
Old
12-11-2003, 11:08 AM
  #9
strokes555
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 220
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgbone
That would be rather hard as the Runners had games on Nov 29th and 30th (that Salmo played in), as well as on the 5th, 6th and 7th.

Not sure when he had the time to fly back to Edmonton to go to a party.
Trust me he was there, why would i make something like that up.
What could i possibly gain from this.

strokes555 is offline  
Old
12-11-2003, 11:11 AM
  #10
strokes555
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 220
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgbone
And the purpose of this comment was....?????

Oh, btw, Salmo was sent to Toronto on the 28th of November, making it rather hard for him to be at a party on the 6th of December... not to mention he played on Saturday and Sunday.
Whoa, i was just saying, no need to have a fit, i was just curious as to what your experiences have been in meeting the oilers, sorry to offend you, on another side note, ryan symth is a terrible ping pong and pool player

strokes555 is offline  
Old
12-11-2003, 11:13 AM
  #11
Oilersyul89
Registered User
 
Oilersyul89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Montreal
Posts: 795
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Oilersyul89 Send a message via Yahoo to Oilersyul89
Did they sing "For he's a jolly good Fellow"?

Oilersyul89 is offline  
Old
12-11-2003, 11:13 AM
  #12
dawgbone
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,104
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Quote:
Originally Posted by strokes555
Trust me he was there, why would i make something like that up.
What could i possibly gain from this.
I don't know... but it is really difficult to figure out when he had the time...

The Runners schedule for last weekend is this:

December 5th - 7:00 Est in Toronto
Decembter 6th - 7:30 Est in Syracuse
December 7th - 4:00 Est in Hamilton

He played in all 3 games, and it being about a 3-4 hour flight from Toronto to Edmonton There isn't a heck of a lot of time left over.

dawgbone is offline  
Old
12-11-2003, 11:14 AM
  #13
Oilersyul89
Registered User
 
Oilersyul89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Montreal
Posts: 795
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Oilersyul89 Send a message via Yahoo to Oilersyul89
BUT>>>>Did they sing "For he's a jolly good Fellow"?

Oilersyul89 is offline  
Old
12-11-2003, 11:16 AM
  #14
dawgbone
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,104
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Quote:
Originally Posted by strokes555
Whoa, i was just saying, no need to have a fit, i was just curious as to what your experiences have been in meeting the oilers, sorry to offend you, on another side note, ryan symth is a terrible ping pong and pool player
Not having a fit... but comments like this are usually said to invoke some kind of reaction, and I was very skeptical when you mentioned Salmo.

dawgbone is offline  
Old
12-11-2003, 11:20 AM
  #15
londberg21
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Lexington, KY
Posts: 39
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to londberg21 Send a message via MSN to londberg21 Send a message via Yahoo to londberg21
Very interesting.....how does one explain the unexplainable?

hahaha

londberg21 is offline  
Old
12-11-2003, 11:26 AM
  #16
Oilersyul89
Registered User
 
Oilersyul89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Montreal
Posts: 795
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Oilersyul89 Send a message via Yahoo to Oilersyul89
Quote:
Originally Posted by strokes555
Whoa, i was just saying, no need to have a fit, i was just curious as to what your experiences have been in meeting the oilers, sorry to offend you, on another side note, ryan symth is a terrible ping pong and pool player
So stroke5555,

What other highlights do you have from the party? Who else was there? Was Kevin Lowe there too? MacT? Rich Winter was MCing right?

Oilersyul89 is offline  
Old
12-11-2003, 11:31 AM
  #17
Boondock Saint
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,660
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by strokes555
Trust me he was there, why would i make something like that up.
What could i possibly gain from this.
Hahahaha, caught in a lie..... I love when that happens.

My personal fav, HF Board caught in a lie story was when downazzflip (how could we all forget that piece of work) said he had seen Niinimaki and Mikhnov play on a spring break field trip to Europe. He said he watched Niinimaki very closely all game...... except his trip happened the spring break before Niinimaki was even drafted....

Boondock Saint is offline  
Old
12-11-2003, 11:32 AM
  #18
strokes555
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 220
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny08
So stroke5555,

What other highlights do you have from the party? Who else was there? Was Kevin Lowe there too? MacT? Rich Winter was MCing right?
moose and gretzky dropped by with a kegger

and me fuhr had a couple of lines of off the toilet seat.

Slats funneled three consecutive beers

strokes555 is offline  
Old
12-11-2003, 11:35 AM
  #19
oildrop
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 1,486
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by strokes555
Last weekend a buddy and I were able to go to Comrie's going away party (we were able to go through Jarrett Stoll). Comrie said by the end of the week he would be in eihter Anaheim or Phoenix.

Has anyone heard these Phoenix rumours before.
Of course this was before the whole 2.5 million thing. On a side note most of the oilers were very arrogant and unapproachable with the exception of stoll, bergeron and salmo.
I don't believe this is true. I guess THEGOON can confirm this!

oildrop is offline  
Old
12-11-2003, 11:41 AM
  #20
dawgbone
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,104
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock Saint
Hahahaha, caught in a lie..... I love when that happens.

My personal fav, HF Board caught in a lie story was when downazzflip (how could we all forget that piece of work) said he had seen Niinimaki and Mikhnov play on a spring break field trip to Europe. He said he watched Niinimaki very closely all game...... except his trip happened the spring break before Niinimaki was even drafted....
I am not accusing him of lying, I just thought maybe he got Salmo confused with someone else...

Unless Salmo racked up some major frequent flyer miles!

dawgbone is offline  
Old
12-11-2003, 11:45 AM
  #21
Yanner39
Registered User
 
Yanner39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Ottawa ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,334
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgbone
I am not accusing him of lying, I just thought maybe he got Salmo confused with someone else...

Unless Salmo racked up some major frequent flyer miles!
Maybe Sarno? Was he still with the big club?

Yanner39 is offline  
Old
12-11-2003, 11:45 AM
  #22
dawgbone
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,104
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. van Nostrin
Maybe Sarno? Was he still with the big club?
No, he was sent down before Salmo was.

dawgbone is offline  
Old
12-11-2003, 11:48 AM
  #23
strokes555
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 220
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgbone
I am not accusing him of lying, I just thought maybe he got Salmo confused with someone else...

Unless Salmo racked up some major frequent flyer miles!
Oh im definately not lying, i really dont care what you guys belief, maybe ill go post on Calgary's board they dont seem to insult me and say im lying all the time.

Maybe the root of edmonton's problems lies in the fact that their fans are all cynical *******s

strokes555 is offline  
Old
12-11-2003, 11:54 AM
  #24
H-Bear
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: North Bay ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,510
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by strokes555
Oh im definately not lying, i really dont care what you guys belief, maybe ill go post on Calgary's board they dont seem to insult me and say im lying all the time.

Maybe the root of edmonton's problems lies in the fact that their fans are all cynical *******s
*Sigh*

Try not to swear. I know it's hard, but please try. I don't come on these boards to make myself dumber.

Read the rules (http://hfboards.com/announcement.php?forumid=38) then post.

Please. Thanks.

H-Bear is offline  
Old
12-11-2003, 11:55 AM
  #25
hmminvisiblecola1279
I just hope we can
 
hmminvisiblecola1279's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: win a game
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,599
vCash: 1072
hey we are not leafs in sheeps clothing here.

hmminvisiblecola1279 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:53 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.