HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Comrie going away party

Closed Thread

Old
12-11-2003, 11:56 AM
Slats432

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by strokes555
Oh im definately not lying, i really dont care what you guys belief, maybe ill go post on Calgary's board they dont seem to insult me and say im lying all the time.

Maybe the root of edmonton's problems lies in the fact that their fans are all cynical *******s
That's it....and you all have nice day too.

Actually, too many kids and morons post BS on internet messageboards, and credibility is everything.

So when something you say isn't credible, then people point it out. Like Salmelainen being in the minors on the road at the time of the party doesn't look like your story is true.

But if you want to feel slighted that people wanted you to back up your story and go to the Calgary board....well, that is your perogative.

Say hi to Iglina for us.

Old
12-11-2003, 11:56 AM
dawgbone

Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Quote:
Oh im definately not lying, i really dont care what you guys belief, maybe ill go post on Calgary's board they dont seem to insult me and say im lying all the time.

Maybe the root of edmonton's problems lies in the fact that their fans are all cynical *******s
This coming from a guy who, out of nowhere, comes on and insults the players, and then claims he met a guy who for all intents and purposes should have been with his team in Toronto as they had 3 games in 3 days.

It has nothing to do with being a cynical *******, it has more to do with the fact that there seems to be alot of people making comments that they are saying are fact, which really aren't.

Old
12-11-2003, 12:01 PM
strokes555

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgbone
This coming from a guy who, out of nowhere, comes on and insults the players, and then claims he met a guy who for all intents and purposes should have been with his team in Toronto as they had 3 games in 3 days.

It has nothing to do with being a cynical *******, it has more to do with the fact that there seems to be alot of people making comments that they are saying are fact, which really aren't.
my oh my, you guys are stubborn, by the way which players was i insulting. and yeah i was definatly there, but perhaps i mistakingly thought it was salmo, to say im some kidd screwing around message boards is very insulting. Im 29 years old.

To say some players are not easily approachable is not by any means insulting them.

Old
12-11-2003, 12:08 PM
Yosemite Sam

Quote:
my oh my, you guys are stubborn, by the way which players was i insulting. and yeah i was definatly there, but perhaps i mistakingly thought it was salmo, to say im some kidd screwing around message boards is very insulting. Im 29 years old.

To say some players are not easily approachable is not by any means insulting them.
Agreed. I think the rest of the folks attacking you need to take a pill. I'm not in the greatest mood considering the Oilers' recent efforts, but slow down here...

You could have just made a mistake.

OR... are we sure Salmo was in T.O. on those days? I checked the Roadrunners site and he isn't mentioned in the Friday or Saturday game summaries, just Sunday's. Not to say he didn't play those days...

Old
12-11-2003, 12:08 PM
Spearing47

Send a message via MSN to Spearing47
Quote:
Originally Posted by oildrop
I don't believe this is true. I guess THEGOON can confirm this!
Hmm that's true! Info is accurate

Old
12-11-2003, 12:09 PM
Yosemite Sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgbone

To some regular posters who chimed in... in all fairness, some comments did make us all look just as he said.

PS. I see GOON dropped a little note... Apologize away, boys and girls!

Old
12-11-2003, 12:10 PM
dawgbone

Quote:

"On a side note most of the oilers were very arrogant and unapproachable"

I dunno, that sounds like the attempt to stir something up. It was a pretty needless comment, and served zero purpose to the message you were saying.

And as for you possibly mistaking Salmo, that's fine, that was my point all along. But when you make a comment like that, and there is a lot of evidence that point to something contrary, you are going to get called out on it.

Old
12-11-2003, 12:13 PM
Slats432

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosemite Sam
To some regular posters who chimed in... in all fairness, some comments did make us all look just as he said.

PS. I see GOON dropped a little note... Apologize away, boys and girls!
Hey, I didn't get involved until all Oilers fans were called A-holes...

Hopefully stroke doesn't get too offended.

Old
12-11-2003, 12:13 PM
H-Bear

Quote:
Agreed. I think the rest of the folks attacking you need to take a pill. I'm not in the greatest mood considering the Oilers' recent efforts, but slow down here...

OR... are we sure Salmo was in T.O. on those days? I checked the Roadrunners site and he isn't mentioned in the Friday or Saturday game summaries, just Sunday's. Not to say he didn't play those days...
Are you sure you want to jump in and defend a guy, who in the same thread, made these two comments:

"Trust me he was there, why would i make something like that up.
What could i possibly gain from this."

and

"but perhaps i mistakingly thought it was salmo".

Things are going in a circle so quickly here that my head is starting to spin.

Old
12-11-2003, 12:15 PM
dawgbone

Quote:

He for sure played Friday night, but I never heard anything from the game on Saturday in Syracuse.

During his callup, the Runners played 11 games, and he has played 14, while the team has played 25 in total.

Old
12-11-2003, 12:16 PM
Yosemite Sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by H-Bear
Are you sure you want to jump in and defend a guy, who in the same thread, made these two comments:

and

Read a couple of posts up, h-bear. THEGOON confirmed what strokes had to say.

Old
12-11-2003, 12:16 PM
hmminvisiblecola1279
I just hope we can

whew im living in a cuckoo clock.

Old
12-11-2003, 12:17 PM
strokes555

Quote:
Originally Posted by H-Bear

and

no im not going in circles, the only reason im doubting the salmo thing was cause everyone said it was not possible. I thought it defintely salmo, but you guys would know better then me i guess

Old
12-11-2003, 12:17 PM
dawgbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEGOON63
Hmm that's true! Info is accurate
Wow... then I apologize.

Salmo is pretty ballsy then, in the middle of a 3 game in 3 day part of the sched, he manages to attend a party in Edmonton.

Old
12-11-2003, 12:23 PM
Hemsky01

Hey stroke555

Just wondering what the attitude of the oilers players was toward Comrie and how Comrie fit in with the team? Any other side info about the party?

Old
12-11-2003, 12:24 PM
Yosemite Sam

Hey Strokes, thanks for the inside information. Always appreciated so keep it coming.

I think a few people got thrown off by Salmo being at the bash, but he apparently was. These same people are solid folks and good posters, so don't worry about the confusion and please post more often.

Thanks again.

Old
12-11-2003, 12:33 PM
strokes555

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky01
Just wondering what the attitude of the oilers players was toward Comrie and how Comrie fit in with the team? Any other side info about the party?
hmm, nobody seemed to resentful towards him or anyhting

although conklin spraypainted you selfish bast##rd on the wall

just kidding

Old
12-11-2003, 12:43 PM
TMWTGT

I do believe strokes was right on the money with his party comments and Salmo being there. But, I do believe that Comrie had this going away party on the weekend of November 28th, 29th and 30th. This party took place right after the loss to Colorado. As for the accuracy of this, I know because my buddies went there as Stoll's guests as well. So, Salmo was there and he was a genuine fellow apparently. Also, I hear that Comrie had great furniture.....AHHHHH THE BRICK!

Old
12-11-2003, 12:52 PM
dawgbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walsher
DB I agree with you. There is no possible way Salmo was at this party on that particular weekend. He was playing in the AHL and the team wouldn't allow him to make an overnight excursion to a party for a guy Salmo probably barely knows. Seems like a fishy deal to me. But whatever turns the guys crank. There is no way he was there but if he wants to insts he was - who are we to argue.
Goon says he was there, and he hasn't been wrong about stuff like that yet.

Old
12-11-2003, 01:05 PM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

Not surprising how a lot of posters jumped on something they had only speculation on, and decided HAD to be wrong, because they said so. So it of course was wrong in their eyes, and anyone that disagreed should just be quiet right? Reminds me of another situation we're currently in......

Thanks for jumping in Goon, and hopefully strokes isn't too offended by what some said.

Last edited by LoudmouthHemskyfan#1: 12-11-2003 at 01:36 PM.
Old
12-11-2003, 02:42 PM
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to Guy Flaming Send a message via Skype™ to Guy Flaming
Did Goon say Salmo was there or that the party actually took place?

I have a theory. Salmo wasn't there but another young, blonde Finn would have been. Jesse Niinimaki has been in town for a few weeks now and will be until Dec 21. Maybe it was him.

Old
12-11-2003, 02:54 PM
Spearing47

Send a message via MSN to Spearing47
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyF
Did Goon say Salmo was there or that the party actually took place?

I have a theory. Salmo wasn't there but another young, blonde Finn would have been. Jesse Niinimaki has been in town for a few weeks now and will be until Dec 21. Maybe it was him.

Ok to stop this debate. Since Bergy's not playin' tonight I'll call him before the game and I'll tape the conversation.!!

I'll post the result shortly after...

Old
12-11-2003, 02:57 PM
strokes555

Quote:
Ok to stop this debate. Since Bergy's not playin' tonight I'll call him before the game and I'll tape the conversation.!!

Sweet, ask Bergy if he remembers either derek or clint.

Old
12-11-2003, 03:24 PM
OYLer

If he had a going away party, why is he still here? I guess contractual closure is one heck of a hangover! My hopes that the Oilers will benefit from a new improved CBA have dimmed. To wit Winters and his ilk seem determined to ruin hockey. Midget Mannequin Mike's bobbleheaded escape from reality is symptomatic of what is wrong with the business of hockey! If you profit by the CBA you must accept how it limits your right of future profit when you signed on the dotted line.

Old
12-11-2003, 04:04 PM
The Rage

Quote:

More importantly, WHY THE HECK IS HE NOT PLAYING? MacT, I hate you.

Closed Thread