HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2007-08

Old
02-28-2007, 11:50 AM
Lord Stanley x 5

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Lord Stanley x 5
2007-08

With Smyth now gone and probably not returning via FA in the summer I'm wondering what the Oilers lineup could look like come Oct 07'...given the need for a scoring LW to replace Smyth I envision KLo will re-sign Sykora to fill the gap unless he can land an equivalent via FA or by dealing a prospect/pick for someone. Let's assume that Torres is back in the mix as well - that covers the top two lines on LW while Moreau and Thoresen ( or Winchester/Jacques ) round out the bottom two lines. Down the middle I think the Oilers are set with Horcoff, Stoll, Pouliot and Reasoner. On the RW, we'd have Hemsky, Lupul, Pisani and Stortini which seems fine. Toss in Schremp ( converted to a winger ) who should be ready for the bigs hopefully and you could slide one of these Rw's over to the Lw and cancel out Thoresen et al on the bottom rung.

Sykora - Horcoff - Hemsky
Torres - Stoll - Lupul
Moreau - Pouliot - Pisani
Stortini - Reasoner - Schremp

Ext: Thor, JFJ, Winnie, Petersen ( unless he gets converted to a D permanently I don't see the need for him in the above 12 )

On Defense, we know that we have Staios, Smith, Smid locked up as the core if you will with Greene being iffy as an RFA to return after this season and Hejda/Tjarnqvist being UFA ( I think one or both return for they are servicable as a bottom pairing ). This is where I am hoping that KLo does some due diligence and lands a veteran type d-man and or a puck-mover for the back end. I think Gilbert can develop into that latter down the road but is still a year or two away.

Smith - ???
Staios - Smid
Hejda - Tjarnqvist

Question is: Do you bring back Greene over one of those two ( Hejda/Shaggy ) or try and deal Greene as part of a package with a DP or prospect for the d-man we sorely lack/

To be honest, I don't see KLo making a splash in the offseason when it comes to landing some help up front for he probably thinks the lineup can compete and battle but on the backend he will rectify the glaring weakness witnessed this season be it via a trade or signing UFA dman/

Lord Stanley x 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2007, 12:20 PM
Bergeron47

vCash: 500
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=352089

Bergeron47 is offline   Reply With Quote