HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospect update article

Closed Thread

Old
12-09-2003, 03:42 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Prospect update article

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...readed&order=0

Should be another one in a few days.

Old
12-09-2003, 04:01 PM
habsfan19

thanks for the updates!

Old
12-09-2003, 04:18 PM
goalchenyuk

give a cigar to that man , is the number one 1

Last edited by goalchenyuk: 12-09-2003 at 04:24 PM.
Old
12-09-2003, 04:19 PM
Vicious

Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Thanks for the update, Dan.

Old
12-09-2003, 04:39 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

What I look forward to is seeing who and what guys will move on to Hamilton next year. Will Lambert and Urquhart both get moved up, will they continue to play together? Deveaux, Locke, Glenn, Flood, Selig, Korneev could all be added to the Dogs, although it's doubtful that all will, depending on how many spots are open. But it will be interesting to see who goes and how they handle the AHL.

Old
12-09-2003, 05:52 PM
KnuklZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
What I look forward to is seeing who and what guys will move on to Hamilton next year. Will Lambert and Urquhart both get moved up, will they continue to play together? Deveaux, Locke, Glenn, Flood, Selig, Korneev could all be added to the Dogs, although it's doubtful that all will, depending on how many spots are open. But it will be interesting to see who goes and how they handle the AHL.
The way Scott Selig has been progressing since he was drafted I doubt MTL will sign him. I would love to see Korneev at the AHL level replacing pylons like Traverse tho.

Old
12-09-2003, 06:00 PM
Habsaku

I hope they don't share the team with TB next year, I'd like to have our own farm without guys like Sumoerthingy, Svitov and Olverstad taking spots from our own players.

Old
12-09-2003, 06:13 PM
Corey

I don't think the agreement with Tampa Bay extends past this season.

Some room will open up at Hamilton when a few Bulldogs graduate to the NHL or are cut (Traverse for one). Several Habs probably won't have their contracts picked up next season (Juneau, Quintal, Perreault, etc.) and Audette will probably be bought out.

Old
12-09-2003, 06:38 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnuklZ
The way Scott Selig has been progressing since he was drafted I doubt MTL will sign him. I would love to see Korneev at the AHL level replacing pylons like Traverse tho.

I don't see Selig getting a deal either, but I don't want people jumping on my back for not listing him since he could be listed, cause then I might be called for thinking I know it all or something.

Old
12-09-2003, 06:41 PM
EquabaleAce

Send a message via MSN to EquabaleAce
Montreal, out of your evaluations which prospects seem most ready to make the jump to the ahl next year, and which seem destined for another year at junior as an over-ager

Old
12-09-2003, 09:45 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
I don't see Selig getting a deal either, but I don't want people jumping on my back for not listing him since he could be listed, cause then I might be called for thinking I know it all or something.
Montreal , i can't imagine people jumping on your back because you are one of the 3-4 posters that really have the respect of all of us , because of your acknowledgement

.................................................. ...................

Old
12-10-2003, 01:13 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by adammacisaac
Montreal, out of your evaluations which prospects seem most ready to make the jump to the ahl next year, and which seem destined for another year at junior as an over-ager

Tough to say really, as there's so much more hockey to play yet this year. First off we have to sign Lambert and Deveaux, or they reenter the draft. I hope both are signed. Then there's Glenn and Selig that need to be signed, or they will be without a team to play for. I'd sign Glenn for sure, he's got good size, skating, decent skills, worth a shot even if he has to go to the ECHL for a year. Selig, has had a lot of trouble producing in the NCAA since his freshman year. I'd be totally shocked if he gets a deal, but he does have good size and if he has a good camp who knows.

Then you have to look at what guys could move up to the Habs from the Dogs. Higgins, Plekanec, Hainsey, Hossa would be my picks depending on spots available. Balej could force management to give him a look at some point, and Perezhogin if he adapts to the smaller rink over the next few months, it will be interesting to see what happens.

I don't see us having a ton of rookies in the lineup next year, but I do hope to see a few make it for sure.

Now you have to look at what AHL guys won't be back. Blouin, gone I hope. Traverse, gone I hope. Dykhuis, gone maybe. Fichaud, gone maybe, but I wouldn't mind seeing him back. A lot depends on other goalies as well. Can Michaud step in? Will Puurula ever come over? Will Tarasov consider coming back? Lots of questions there. Gratton, I hope he's back. Tampa's prospects should be gone, that's 3 spots right there. Carpentier, could be gone, but might be worth keeping around. Plante, depending on what spots are open, defense may be thin. Cote. Keep him, if fact I hope the Habs sign him. I have been impressed by him so far in the 4 or 5 games I've seen him play.

Now you have to look at the ECHL guys. Shasby I really hope makes the Dogs next year. Thinel could be gone, he'll be an RFA this summer, but is doing ok in Columbus. Marios is playing well, so I hope he is brought back and makes the Dogs. Larrivee, I think could make the Dogs.

That still leaves a number of spots to fill next year. Right off the bat, I'd like to see them add Lambert, Urquhart, Locke and Deveaux along with Shasby and Marios. I don't know if would be very confident in a Damphousse Michaud combo, so I hope something is done here. Flood could be added, but his size is a concern against AHLers. Glenn could be added, but he may find himself on the bubble. Can play more of a physical game which is in his favor. Korneev I hope they bring him over. I'd really like to see Tarasov come back, but I just don't see it. I'd settle for Puurula. I'd also like to see Eneqvist and Buturlin brought over. And of course they have to bring over Kastsitsyn. Then there's always NCAA FA's and CHL overagers that could get a look. Yann Danis from Brown I would go after in a heartbeat. He was very very impressive when I saw him play. Rene Bourque from UWisconsin. Brett Luttes, Doug Hennigar (OHL), Alex Shinn etc..

Dogs could look like this

Kastsitsyn Gratton Perezhogin
Lambert Urquhart Balej
Milroy Locke Ferland
Marois Deveaux Carpentier/Dwyer

Beauchemin Archer
Shasby Cote
Plante Korneev
Glenn

Fichaud
Damphousse
Michaud

Old
12-10-2003, 01:21 PM
Habsaku

Quote:
Tough to say really, as there's so much more hockey to play yet this year. First off we have to sign Lambert and Deveaux, or they reenter the draft. I hope both are signed. Then there's Glenn and Selig that need to be signed, or they will be without a team to play for. I'd sign Glenn for sure, he's got good size, skating, decent skills, worth a shot even if he has to go to the ECHL for a year. Selig, has had a lot of trouble producing in the NCAA since his freshman year. I'd be totally shocked if he gets a deal, but he does have good size and if he has a good camp who knows.

Then you have to look at what guys could move up to the Habs from the Dogs. Higgins, Plekanec, Hainsey, Hossa would be my picks depending on spots available. Balej could force management to give him a look at some point, and Perezhogin if he adapts to the smaller rink over the next few months, it will be interesting to see what happens.

I don't see us having a ton of rookies in the lineup next year, but I do hope to see a few make it for sure.

Now you have to look at what AHL guys won't be back. Blouin, gone I hope. Traverse, gone I hope. Dykhuis, gone maybe. Fichaud, gone maybe, but I wouldn't mind seeing him back. A lot depends on other goalies as well. Can Michaud step in? Will Puurula ever come over? Will Tarasov consider coming back? Lots of questions there. Gratton, I hope he's back. Tampa's prospects should be gone, that's 3 spots right there. Carpentier, could be gone, but might be worth keeping around. Plante, depending on what spots are open, defense may be thin. Cote. Keep him, if fact I hope the Habs sign him. I have been impressed by him so far in the 4 or 5 games I've seen him play.

Now you have to look at the ECHL guys. Shasby I really hope makes the Dogs next year. Thinel could be gone, he'll be an RFA this summer, but is doing ok in Columbus. Marios is playing well, so I hope he is brought back and makes the Dogs. Larrivee, I think could make the Dogs.

That still leaves a number of spots to fill next year. Right off the bat, I'd like to see them add Lambert, Urquhart, Locke and Deveaux along with Shasby and Marios. I don't know if would be very confident in a Damphousse Michaud combo, so I hope something is done here. Flood could be added, but his size is a concern against AHLers. Glenn could be added, but he may find himself on the bubble. Can play more of a physical game which is in his favor. Korneev I hope they bring him over. I'd really like to see Tarasov come back, but I just don't see it. I'd settle for Puurula. I'd also like to see Eneqvist and Buturlin brought over. And of course they have to bring over Kastsitsyn. Then there's always NCAA FA's and CHL overagers that could get a look. Yann Danis from Brown I would go after in a heartbeat. He was very very impressive when I saw him play. Rene Bourque from UWisconsin. Brett Luttes, Doug Hennigar (OHL), Alex Shinn etc..

Dogs could look like this

Kastsitsyn Gratton Perezhogin
Lambert Urquhart Balej
Milroy Locke Ferland
Marois Deveaux Carpentier/Dwyer

Beauchemin Archer
Shasby Cote
Plante Korneev
Glenn

Fichaud
Damphousse
Michaud
Thats not a bad lineup, but it certainly wouldn't be as good as this years and last years. I'd like them to sign a College FA, like the Blues did with Sejna.

Also, do you think Linhart might be considered to move here? Is he old enough?

Old
12-10-2003, 01:29 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsaku
Thats not a bad lineup, but it certainly wouldn't be as good as this years and last years. I'd like them to sign a College FA, like the Blues did with Sejna.

Also, do you think Linhart might be considered to move here? Is he old enough?

I think that lineup would be very effective, but it's way to early to say just yet. I'd also like to see them go after a NCAA FA. Yann Danis is the man to get. I can not believe he hasn't been signed. He will be, IMO.

Linhart can play in the AHL at any age, but he will be 20 next year anyways. I would leave him in his country for a while so he can find some stability, but I wouldn't mind if they brought him over to play for the Dogs.

Old
12-10-2003, 01:50 PM
Habsaku

What kind of player is Yann Danis? Big and fast? goalscorer or playmaker? LW, C, RW?

Old
12-11-2003, 12:50 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsaku
What kind of player is Yann Danis? Big and fast? goalscorer or playmaker? LW, C, RW?

He's a goalie at Brown, and he's putting up very impressive numbers. I only saw him once, so I can't say a whole lot about him, but his career numbers are very good. I can't believe some NHL team hasn't picked him up yet.

Old
12-11-2003, 04:32 PM
Brisebois

Send a message via AIM to Brisebois
How about Brent MacLellan?

I notice you don't have him in your projected lineup for next years Dogs.

Old
12-11-2003, 05:26 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisebois
How about Brent MacLellan?

I notice you don't have him in your projected lineup for next years Dogs.

Since he wasn't given a contract this summer, and hasn't been playing that great in PEI, I don't see it happening, but you never know I guess. Archer, Cote and Korneev would be solid IMO.

Closed Thread