HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Kings Issues.............

Closed Thread

Old
12-11-2003, 06:47 AM
swinginutter*

vCash: 500
Kings Issues.............

Kind of bummed on last night's loss, but we still got a point. But certain things have tripped me out with the mentality of this team.
I know i've talked about it a hundred times here. But our team softness in my eyes comes down from the coaching staff. Last night we should have sent a message that we didn't forget about the Sutton incident, and that it was no fluke thing. None of us here would even be talking about Allison if wasn't for that d*ckhead! And we should have pounded him all night. Better yet we should have pounded Kovalchuk.
Did anybody notice Avery last night? Where was he? I don't think I noticed him the whole game, and he's exactly the guy that should have pissed Kovalchuk off throughout the whole game. Can't blame him for his ice time or his match-up.
Line combinations? Another topic i've hit on forever. Does anyone ever notice that AM never changes his third line no matter who is on it. Beginning of the year Lappy - Belanger - Avery, now Frolov - Belanger - Klatt. The rest of the team your guess is as good as mine. Sorry guys John Sim doesn't belong on the second line with Stumpel, Straka, or Ziggy. I think he's playing well but c'mon! The Frolov line is doing well because of Frolov, I don't think it matters who he plays with. But AM always trys to spread the wealth, and it dillutes the talent. He tries to have four good scoring lines, but it's impossible with all the injuries we've endured. We would never have even heard of the LAPD line if it wasn't for Tippett. He was the first guy to inject that line when AM got in his accident.
Last our defensive corps, and Aaron Miller. Nobody here ever likes to talk about Miller, but right now in my eyes he's just another roster player and definitely not a 4 million dollar player. He does nothing, and he was supposedly gonna' bring some nastiness back to our D. He gets burned half of the time, and just rides players out. He came in his first game and was hitting everything, and I haven't seen it since. I know he plays against the other teams top players........i'm tired of that excuse! I'm still bummed about Schneider (over it, but still bummed), our D is so depleted anyways, I wouldn't have cared if I was DT or TL last season I still would have traded Miller over Schneider. Schneid's is third in team scoring in Detroit with a plus 11. And yeah, he also plays against the other team's top players also plays PP and SH. Right now we have two defenseman on this team, Matty (like always) and Lubo! After that it's scarce!
I'm glad we're playing well, but if this team just has the goal to get into the playoffs, than most likely it will be met. But what happens when this team gets into the playoffs. If we stay this soft we'll get abused! Just my opinions, hopefully they'll kick @ss tonight!

Old
12-11-2003, 07:36 AM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

I dunno...given the massive injuries befalling this team on a nightly basis, Murray should be praised for keeping his boys in the hunt. I thought the loss of Schneider would be detrimental, but Murray's getting more out of Visnovsky and Modry than I thought was possible.

And with the little guy Cammalleri on a hot streak like he is now, you can't be all that upset with the offense, Frolov or no Frolov.

Old
12-11-2003, 09:16 AM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by swinginutter
Last our defensive corps, and Aaron Miller. Nobody here ever likes to talk about Miller, but right now in my eyes he's just another roster player and definitely not a 4 million dollar player. He does nothing, and he was supposedly gonna' bring some nastiness back to our D. He gets burned half of the time, and just rides players out. He came in his first game and was hitting everything, and I haven't seen it since.

i agree, but then everyone goes through their slumps. let's see how he is when he comes back from injury

Old
12-11-2003, 09:16 AM
kingbrath

Quote:
Originally Posted by swinginutter
Kind of bummed on last night's loss, but we still got a point. But certain things have tripped me out with the mentality of this team.
I know i've talked about it a hundred times here. But our team softness in my eyes comes down from the coaching staff. Last night we should have sent a message that we didn't forget about the Sutton incident, and that it was no fluke thing. None of us here would even be talking about Allison if wasn't for that d*ckhead! And we should have pounded him all night. Better yet we should have pounded Kovalchuk.
Did anybody notice Avery last night? Where was he? I don't think I noticed him the whole game, and he's exactly the guy that should have pissed Kovalchuk off throughout the whole game. Can't blame him for his ice time or his match-up.
Line combinations? Another topic i've hit on forever. Does anyone ever notice that AM never changes his third line no matter who is on it. Beginning of the year Lappy - Belanger - Avery, now Frolov - Belanger - Klatt. The rest of the team your guess is as good as mine. Sorry guys John Sim doesn't belong on the second line with Stumpel, Straka, or Ziggy. I think he's playing well but c'mon! The Frolov line is doing well because of Frolov, I don't think it matters who he plays with. But AM always trys to spread the wealth, and it dillutes the talent. He tries to have four good scoring lines, but it's impossible with all the injuries we've endured. We would never have even heard of the LAPD line if it wasn't for Tippett. He was the first guy to inject that line when AM got in his accident.
Last our defensive corps, and Aaron Miller. Nobody here ever likes to talk about Miller, but right now in my eyes he's just another roster player and definitely not a 4 million dollar player. He does nothing, and he was supposedly gonna' bring some nastiness back to our D. He gets burned half of the time, and just rides players out. He came in his first game and was hitting everything, and I haven't seen it since. I know he plays against the other teams top players........i'm tired of that excuse! I'm still bummed about Schneider (over it, but still bummed), our D is so depleted anyways, I wouldn't have cared if I was DT or TL last season I still would have traded Miller over Schneider. Schneid's is third in team scoring in Detroit with a plus 11. And yeah, he also plays against the other team's top players also plays PP and SH. Right now we have two defenseman on this team, Matty (like always) and Lubo! After that it's scarce!
I'm glad we're playing well, but if this team just has the goal to get into the playoffs, than most likely it will be met. But what happens when this team gets into the playoffs. If we stay this soft we'll get abused! Just my opinions, hopefully they'll kick @ss tonight!

Good post swingnutter and I totally agree with you, however for a team that is getting at the very least a point a night , right now I have no problems with the lineups (although Straka and Palffy should be on the same line). As far as the defense goes, if our team plays like this for the remainder of the year...then I can't really see a deal being made until the trade deadline, where hopefully we can pick up a hardnosed d-man like Gauthier, or something like that. Anyways, thanks for the read and I am sensing a victory tonight!

Old
12-11-2003, 09:19 AM
kingbrath

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPurpleDinosaur
i agree, but then everyone goes through their slumps. let's see how he is when he comes back from injury

???? Miller is already back from the injury, Do you mean that he is not quite 100% yet?

Old
12-11-2003, 09:19 AM
TubbyTerrion*

Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
Sim is merely being rewarded for his tenacious effort game in and game out.

Straka - Palffy - Stumpel seems logical to most armchair fans, but talk about soft... it would be The Charmin Line!

Old
12-11-2003, 09:21 AM
TubbyTerrion*

Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brath
???? Miller is already back from the injury, Do you mean that he is not quite 100% yet?

well, he did leave midway through the first period last night, not to return... so he's definitely not 100% at this point. Though, local LA newspapers indicate he will play tonight...

Old
12-11-2003, 09:57 AM
LuckyLUC20

Quote:
Originally Posted by TubbyTerrion
well, he did leave midway through the first period last night, not to return... so he's definitely not 100% at this point. Though, local LA newspapers indicate he will play tonight...
Yea, Let's trust those LA newspapers :p

How about we bring up Gleason... who would we send down? Tripp maybe?

Old
12-11-2003, 10:36 AM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

Quote:

sorry, thats wat i meant... just said it in a real awkward way. miller to me isn't playing BAD, just not playing up to par. hopefully he'll bring his head back to the upcoming games.

Old
12-11-2003, 10:45 AM
Capn Brown

At present, there is not ONE DAMN THING wrong with our offense. Even with guys like Deader, Ally, Army, & Aulin out of the line-up, sophomore efforts from Frolov and Cam combined with the rejuvenated play of Straka and the one time, league-leading scoring of Palffy keep this team very threatening around the opposition's net.

And don't forget about Ebay, Klatt or Avery! Avery? 9 assists? Who knew the guy would contribute offensively? It's too bad he can't be "offensive" towards the other team with his mouth, but he's still young and will learn to use both his mouth and his grit at the same time and in the same game.

No, our offense is not our problem. It's our D and our goaltending. As much as I disliked Potvin/Storr for allowing so many bad goals, Cech's "bad goal" total easily equals theirs combined.

And yes, Gauthier would be a very nice addition.

Any chance Kuzzer will be able to use his size to his advantage in the same vein as Chara? Didn't think so....

What up with Miller?! Every game a high-sticking penalty?? This is not last year's Aaron Miller.

Modry put up some great numbers two years ago. Where are they now? He was at his best when Schneider was injured. What, now that Schneids is totally gone Modry doesn't have to compete any longer? What's going on there?

I like Corvo. Last night was both his best and worst game of the season. He's had to overcome the stigma of a "woman-basher" and I'm sure that's affected his performance this year. Last night, though, I think he got his confidence back. You have to have confidence to make that initial REALLY BAD PASS that leads to the opposition's tying goal. However, you need an equal amount of confidence to take it upon yourself to tie the game up with four seconds remaining. Before last night, all Joe could do was hit the post/crossbar. I think Joe's back to where he left off late last year.

Norstrom, as always, is solid. Vis is solid, too. It's just that, OVERALL, our D isn't so solid. Neither is our goaltending.

And what's up with all these "wide-open" games? True, we have the offense to compete in a "shoot-out" style of game, but DEFENSE wins games more than offense.

Old
12-11-2003, 11:39 AM
MOOSE55

Send a message via ICQ to MOOSE55
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Daleks
At present, there is not ONE DAMN THING wrong with our offense. Even with guys like Deader, Ally, Army, & Aulin out of the line-up, sophomore efforts from Frolov and Cam combined with the rejuvenated play of Straka and the one time, league-leading scoring of Palffy keep this team very threatening around the opposition's net.

And don't forget about Ebay, Klatt or Avery! Avery? 9 assists? Who knew the guy would contribute offensively? It's too bad he can't be "offensive" towards the other team with his mouth, but he's still young and will learn to use both his mouth and his grit at the same time and in the same game.

No, our offense is not our problem. It's our D and our goaltending. As much as I disliked Potvin/Storr for allowing so many bad goals, Cech's "bad goal" total easily equals theirs combined.

And yes, Gauthier would be a very nice addition.

Any chance Kuzzer will be able to use his size to his advantage in the same vein as Chara? Didn't think so....

What up with Miller?! Every game a high-sticking penalty?? This is not last year's Aaron Miller.

Modry put up some great numbers two years ago. Where are they now? He was at his best when Schneider was injured. What, now that Schneids is totally gone Modry doesn't have to compete any longer? What's going on there?

I like Corvo. Last night was both his best and worst game of the season. He's had to overcome the stigma of a "woman-basher" and I'm sure that's affected his performance this year. Last night, though, I think he got his confidence back. You have to have confidence to make that initial REALLY BAD PASS that leads to the opposition's tying goal. However, you need an equal amount of confidence to take it upon yourself to tie the game up with four seconds remaining. Before last night, all Joe could do was hit the post/crossbar. I think Joe's back to where he left off late last year.

Norstrom, as always, is solid. Vis is solid, too. It's just that, OVERALL, our D isn't so solid. Neither is our goaltending.

And what's up with all these "wide-open" games? True, we have the offense to compete in a "shoot-out" style of game, but DEFENSE wins games more than offense.
don't forget about the powerplay

Old
12-11-2003, 11:52 AM
punchy1

Please mate, let me forget about the power play, if only until the game starts....

Old
12-11-2003, 11:55 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by punchy1
Please mate, let me forget about the power play, if only until the game starts....
You might as well, the Kings forgot about the PP a long time ago. :mad:

Old
12-11-2003, 12:00 PM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

well, in the defense's defense (pun not intended), i think vish has improved from last year and kuznetzov is not doing as poorly as i thought he would be doing. in fact, i think he's doing well. gleason was pretty solid when he was up, modry is still modry and corvo's dong ok to me with the exception of a few huge mistkaes he made. i think the only real person that's lagging is miller, which he sohuld bounce back.

Old
12-11-2003, 12:14 PM
punchy1

True that is kpd. Miller who is usually one of the best blue liners in the league (for a stay at home fellow) has been horrid this year. Kuz is looking allot better than you and I both thought that he would. Corvo isn't playing poorly and Gleason looked very good. As for Vis well, what can you say about him that isn't already said. He is back to his rookie year form only he is also playing allot better in his own end. Brilliant pick for our side. He is making me forget about Zhitnik.

Old
12-11-2003, 02:31 PM
swinginutter*

Quote:
Sim is merely being rewarded for his tenacious effort game in and game out.

Straka - Palffy - Stumpel seems logical to most armchair fans, but talk about soft... it would be The Charmin Line!
Classic! But in my eyes you would have to keep up with the Charmin line. And the only one you could catch is Stumpel, the other two fly! So call me armchair, because i'm looking for a show!

As far as Sim goes, that's my whole point really. Award him with playing time, but not with skilled guys on the top two lines. Same for Klatt and Chartrand, all of those guys have tremendous work ethic, but not one of them belongs on the top two in my opinion. AM always favors role players over pure talent, and don't ask me why. Although he's one of the most talked about coach's around, and he get's it done. I love the wins just like anybody, but seeing our players get abused every night, gets on my *****ing nerves. Do something already!

Good team: YES!
League whipping *****: BEYOND!

Old
12-11-2003, 03:08 PM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by punchy1
True that is kpd. Miller who is usually one of the best blue liners in the league (for a stay at home fellow) has been horrid this year. Kuz is looking allot better than you and I both thought that he would. Corvo isn't playing poorly and Gleason looked very good. As for Vis well, what can you say about him that isn't already said. He is back to his rookie year form only he is also playing allot better in his own end. Brilliant pick for our side. He is making me forget about Zhitnik.

zhitnik oh zhitnik. i loved that guy and it killed me to trade him. now that guy is one guy i'd love to have back if we ever could.

Closed Thread