HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: A Plea to CHED

Old
02-28-2007, 04:38 PM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

vCash: 500
OT: A Plea to CHED

Please, get Brian Hall off the radio. I`m listening to him right now, here are a list of things I`ve picked up on in the last 10 minutes...

1. He didn`t know if Phoenix was in Edmonton`s division or not.

2. He`s interupting basically every caller.

3. One guy tries calling in to ask why Lowe didn`t make more deals, and Hall cuts him off and sais you can`t trade til the summer, end of conversation.

4. For a city with so much hockey smarts, how has this guy been able to talk hockey for so long.

5. He takes a caller, starts talking to him, then sais `wait, I gotta do something`, and cuts to commercial. Really classy.

6. He basically cuts every caller short and ends the conversation while they`re still trying to make their point.

Please.

Mowzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2007, 04:42 PM
Kveldulvr

Hall is the worst commentator of any kind for any sport on any medium in the history of sport. I would cheer if they fired him and hired Loubardious for Ched, and I hate that dolt too.

Kveldulvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2007, 04:44 PM
Wolfpack

Hall is an embarassment and the only people that don't agree are the powers-that-be at CHED and the 27 old men that actually listen to his show.

Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2007, 06:21 PM
smytty's mullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowzie View Post
4. For a city with so much hockey smarts, how has this guy been able to talk hockey for so long.
the guy is still there because it's a 2 hour infomercial. doing ads the whole time = $ which is way more important than anything to those running the station. during hall's show, ched relies on idiot's that don't know they have any other choices if they want to listen to sports discussion.

smytty's mullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2007, 08:27 PM
gb701

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpack View Post
Hall is an embarassment and the only people that don't agree are the powers-that-be at CHED and the 27 old men that actually listen to his show.

Well said. I have totally stopped listening to CHED.

Hall is bad enough at football, where he used to know something. He knows squat about hockey.

gb701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2007, 08:37 PM
nanook

I was listening to CHED streaming the Smytty press conference and Hall kept talking through it. Insightful stuff like "he seems really upset."

nanook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2007, 08:42 PM
dsi

Quote:
This reminds me of something funny. I used to listen to his sports call-in show back in the late 80s/early 90s on 930 CJCA after the Eskimo games when I used to live in Edmonton. And almost every night there was this East Indian man called Adil who used to call in and say the most non-sensical things.. A few weeks ago here in Ottawa I was listening to Hallsy on CHED online, and ... guess who called? LOL Brought back painful memories.

I agree Hall is a bit weird but I don't think he cuts off people as bad as some of them.

dsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2007, 08:43 PM
dsi

Quote:
Originally Posted by smytty's mullet View Post
the guy is still there because it's a 2 hour infomercial. doing ads the whole time = $ which is way more important than anything to those running the station. during hall's show, ched relies on idiot's that don't know they have any other choices if they want to listen to sports discussion.
Does he still go "Take your tummy to Italy" or something like that?

Old
02-28-2007, 09:29 PM
smytty's mullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsi View Post
This reminds me of something funny. I used to listen to his sports call-in show back in the late 80s/early 90s on 930 CJCA after the Eskimo games when I used to live in Edmonton. And almost every night there was this East Indian man called Adil who used to call in and say the most non-sensical things.. A few weeks ago here in Ottawa I was listening to Hallsy on CHED online, and ... guess who called? LOL Brought back painful memories.

I agree Hall is a bit weird but I don't think he cuts off people as bad as some of them.
adil calls the team 1260 regularly and does nothing but hammer the oilers and talk about "the great boob gainey" and his beloved habs. total idiot.

as for your other post, unfortunately, he still does talk about taking his tummy to italy.

smytty's mullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2007, 09:47 PM
dsi

Quote:
Originally Posted by smytty's mullet View Post
adil calls the team 1260 regularly and does nothing but hammer the oilers and talk about "the great boob gainey" and his beloved habs. total idiot.

as for your other post, unfortunately, he still does talk about taking his tummy to italy.
LOL, that's right, he has been talking about the Habs every night for the past 20 years. Last time he was rubbing it in.

Old
02-28-2007, 09:51 PM
bigredoiler

Yeah, was never a Hall fan. At times he has good points, but most of the time wish they has someone with sense, someone like Dan Tencer.

bigredoiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2007, 09:54 PM
Bucket

I remember listening after the Smyth trade, and he was cutting guys off because he didn't like what they were saying.

Sorry Brian, but it's a free call in show. Let people say what they want!

Bucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2007, 09:58 PM
dsi

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilFanAlways View Post
I remember listening after the Smyth trade, and he was cutting guys off because he didn't like what they were saying.

Sorry Brian, but it's a free call in show. Let people say what they want!
Yeah I logged on in time to hear one caller tell him he was rude in cutting callers off.. Hallsy just laughed at him.

Old
02-28-2007, 09:58 PM
kwanjie

Man listening to Brian Hall makes me want to drive my hand through the radio and choke him. That guy is so freaking rude.... every caller politley greets Hallsy and he doesn't acknowledge it and just says "go ahead" or says nothing and leaves the caller hanging. Whats the point in having open line when poeple express their opinions ( although some callers express some irrational stupid opinions ) with Hallsy and all he does is overshadows it with his own.

he needs to be tossed, get Dan Tencer on every sport related show lol

kwanjie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2007, 10:00 PM
kwanjie

Just because of Hallsy I'm never eating ribs at Tony Romas or That's Aroma or even buy any car from Crosstown lol

kwanjie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 02:34 AM
Rin

Ya, i had my radio on ched when i was going to work tonight. Brian Hall is almost as bad as our radio stations Kyle Hunter. After that 4-0 loss against Calgary his exact words were "Calgary shut out Edmonton 4-1, ya...Kiprusoff stopped EVERYTHING the Oilers threw his way" Then, after the OT win againt LA he totally mispronounced Jan Hejda's name...he said the J's as J's not as Y's.

Rin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 02:58 AM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rin View Post
Ya, i had my radio on ched when i was going to work tonight. Brian Hall is almost as bad as our radio stations Kyle Hunter. After that 4-0 loss against Calgary his exact words were "Calgary shut out Edmonton 4-1, ya...Kiprusoff stopped EVERYTHING the Oilers threw his way" Then, after the OT win againt LA he totally mispronounced Jan Hejda's name...he said the J's as J's not as Y's.
ya, it sounded like Jen Hedger (Sexy TSN personality)

Mowzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 03:52 AM
Rin

Quote:
ya, it sounded like Jen Hedger (Sexy TSN personality)
Ya, it was a good one.

Rin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 04:12 AM
Fishy McScales

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanook View Post
I was listening to CHED streaming the Smytty press conference and Hall kept talking through it. Insightful stuff like "he seems really upset."
In his defense that's only to keep the yapper going because long silences are about as good for radio as a fork in the toaster. When Smytty had trouble gathering his composure, Hall just had to say something to keep some noise in the air, like it or not.

Fishy McScales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 10:02 AM
Red Eyes

A lttle older than that

Quote:

I think its the 38-65 group that listen to his show......But if no one listened to him he would be gone...Its all about the money he brings in....

Red Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 10:07 AM
Jimmi McJenkins
Sometimes Miracles

I look at it this way, I understand that people want a forum to express their oppinions, but CHED has certain responsibilities as rights holders to know critizes the team too much, especially the management.

Hall is what he is, but I think everyone is trying to do the best job they can, it's just difficult to be totally unbiasis, because of the nature of the rights agreement.

So don't be too tough on CHED, they are just doing what rights holders are suposed to do.

Jimmi McJenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 10:23 AM
Digger12
Gold Fever

Hall's problem to me is similar to what got Stafford booted...IMO he doesn't really want to take calls anymore.

To me, sports radio guys that take a lot of callers eventually get worn down by it. Brian would be totally happy spending 2 hours just blathering by himself, and doing his infomercials to keep the $$ coming in.

In a way, I don't want him to go off the air. He's an idiot filter for Stauffer's show, which keeps the collective quality of Stauffer's callers at a respectable level.

Digger12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 10:27 AM
Jimmi McJenkins
Sometimes Miracles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger12 View Post
Hall's problem to me is similar to what got Stafford booted...IMO he doesn't really want to take calls anymore.

To me, sports radio guys that take a lot of callers eventually get worn down by it. Brian would be totally happy spending 2 hours just blathering by himself, and doing his infomercials to keep the $$ coming in.

In a way, I don't want him to go off the air. He's an idiot filter for Stauffer's show, which keeps the collective quality of Stauffer's callers at a respectable level.
Having worked at the Team, I can say the problem with callers is at some point they all start sounding the same. They have the same complaints over and over and it does wear on a guy.

Jimmi McJenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 10:32 AM
gqlatin

Quote:
Please, get Brian Hall off the radio. I`m listening to him right now, here are a list of things I`ve picked up on in the last 10 minutes...

3. One guy tries calling in to ask why Lowe didn`t make more deals, and Hall cuts him off and sais you can`t trade til the summer, end of conversation.

5. He takes a caller, starts talking to him, then sais `wait, I gotta do something`, and cuts to commercial. Really classy.

6. He basically cuts every caller short and ends the conversation while they`re still trying to make their point.

Please.
I suggest you listen to TEAM1260's Bob Stauffer instead. He won't cut you off if you say anything that may sound critical towards the Oilers.

And you won't hear Tony Roma's commercials every 5 minutes.

Bryan Hall sucks.

gqlatin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 10:57 AM
Terry Cahill

Quote:

Please.
This sounds pretty entertaining actually.

Terry Cahill is offline   Reply With Quote