HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: A Plea to CHED

Old
03-01-2007, 10:59 AM
oilerfanatic

vCash: 500
the guy is rude and ignorant...i think he tries to go for the whole don cherry angle but can't pull it off...his ignorance shone through when he was attacking that sikh boxer a couple years back because he refused to take off his turban or shave his beard during a match...

oilerfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 11:20 AM
OYLer

I will really try much harder not to ridicule ... next time ... promise

The Old Boy lost in the Hall, needs his own Sit-calm to stare at vacantly and needs to cease fouling the airwaves with his inane, kissbutt, yes-man Oilers' apologist blather. Can't Handle Elderly Drivel!

Last edited by OYLer: 03-01-2007 at 06:09 PM.
OYLer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 12:08 PM
Gambit00

He must think he's Jim Rome, only more ruder.

Brian Hall is really not the knowledgeable, and quite frankly, not that clever nor smart, so the only way for him to remain on the airwaves is to be the devil's advocate, all the while, abusing his power when he's starting to lose the debate.

Just stop listening to CHED, I've completely switched over to 1260 for all sports. Tencer's show is the only one I switch back to on CHED.

Gambit00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 12:22 PM
The Human Torch

Send a message via MSN to The Human Torch
Bryan Hall is interesting to listen to if you're interested in radio comedy and don't take it for any more than that.

Also, Tony Roma's is awful.

The Human Torch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 05:39 PM
slapshot™

IMO Bryan Hall is a blithering idiot who has gone waaaaay beyond his shelf life. I have no idea why he thinks he has the smarts to talk hockey. I flip to CHED now and again but will not stay on that channel if he is on air. I too have not patronized Tony Roma's because of that loud-mouthed shill.

slapshot™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 06:03 PM
MoeLemayStays

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsi View Post
This reminds me of something funny. I used to listen to his sports call-in show back in the late 80s/early 90s on 930 CJCA after the Eskimo games when I used to live in Edmonton. And almost every night there was this East Indian man called Adil who used to call in and say the most non-sensical things.. A few weeks ago here in Ottawa I was listening to Hallsy on CHED online, and ... guess who called? LOL Brought back painful memories.

I agree Hall is a bit weird but I don't think he cuts off people as bad as some of them.
I moved to Calgary 10 years ago and that guy even phones in to the fan 960 down here. When I was a kid I remember him telling John Short that he wouldn't trade Hab Brian Skrudland for Mark Messier. I couldn't believe it!

MoeLemayStays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 09:40 PM
Oi'll say!

I thought Brian Hall should have been fired about 10 years before I left Edmonton, that was '87. I've yet to hear the guy complete more than two sentences back to back without saying something stupid, rude or just generally embarassing the whole city with his arrogance.

Classic Hallsy moment was back in the Calgary w/flutie era when they were 14-0 and then lost a game to the eskies, Hall was on national tv bragging how the eskies just proved they were the best team in the cfl blah blah blah.

I'd rather dive into a pile of rats than listen to hallsie for two hours.

Oi'll say! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 09:52 PM
oilers shrine

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanook View Post
I was listening to CHED streaming the Smytty press conference and Hall kept talking through it. Insightful stuff like "he seems really upset."

That was really funny, i was waiting for him to say "grab a slab, oh yeah tony roma's" in there in a real quiet voice.

oilers shrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 09:56 PM
oilers shrine

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwanjie View Post
Just because of Hallsy I'm never eating ribs at Tony Romas or That's Aroma or even buy any car from Crosstown lol

I am! Them ribs are good! The dipping sauces are awesome and you get real full for 20 bucks! Oh yeah GRAB A SLAB TODAY.

oilers shrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 11:25 PM
dreamshake

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Human Torch View Post
Bryan Hall is interesting to listen to if you're interested in radio comedy and don't take it for any more than that.

Also, Tony Roma's is awful.
Tony Roma's is good for lunch. There 2 can dine for $11.99 is a steal of a deal. Get the roma burger with 'double fries'. THeir coleslaw is do-doo.

btw, all you have to do is look at Bryan Hall and see where he is from, from that quaff that he calls a haircut to the gold frigen medallion he sometimes wears around his neck. easy there mr. T. Not to mention that sweaters he wears, which homeless people wouldn't touch if goodwill was giving them away to them in the middle of winter.

dreamshake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 11:41 PM
MuzikMachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwanjie View Post
Just because of Hallsy I'm never eating ribs at Tony Romas or That's Aroma or even buy any car from Crosstown lol
Don't forget another of Brian's favorites, Albert's Family Resterant. My grandparents swear by that place....reason enough for me not to go there.

A memorable Brian Hall moment was a few years ago, he was interviewing John Avery after he made his regualar season debut with the Eskimoes. In the middle of the interview, Brian did a Tony Roma's commerical....Avery had no idea *** Brian was talking about.

MuzikMachine is offline   Reply With Quote