HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gotta get rid of all the Euros on this team or were going nowhere

Old
02-24-2007, 09:30 PM
g52*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to g52*
Gotta get rid of all the Euros on this team or were going nowhere

First off, I know some of you when you read this topic title are going to think Im somehow racist, when this post has absolutely nothing to do with that, but in the Euro style of play in general.

You may like Prucha, Jagr, Straka, etc., but lets face it, this entire team is just filled with Euro players who constantly prefer passing over shooting and always take their shots from the point. I would say about 75% of the shots the Rangers make these days are from the point, and half of them always miss the net by 10 feet.

Yes I know this is a Euro built team, but its been this way for years now in NY and the result? A playoff sweep. Thats the best they have to show for it.

I would gladly take 2 for 1 deals to just get the Euros off this roster. Their style of play has no dominance whatsoever and will continue to bring losing seasons to NY for years to come.

g52* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 09:31 PM
nyrmessier011

Send a message via AIM to nyrmessier011

nyrmessier011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 09:33 PM
DontStaal

gotta draft good, physical american born hockey players... oh wait we already did, we have Jessiman

DontStaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 09:37 PM
HVPOLARBEARS19

Send a message via AIM to HVPOLARBEARS19 Send a message via MSN to HVPOLARBEARS19
The problem isn't ALL the Euros, it's Nylander, Rachunek, Malik, and Roszival.
Prucha and lately Hossa are nothing but heart and I want them kept. Straka is the same. Michael Nylander is the most overrated player I have ever seen. Honestly, he sucks. He just sucks. If it wasn't for Jagr he'd have 40 points this year. I don't care what numbers he puts up, he's not good.

HVPOLARBEARS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 09:38 PM
g52*

I was thinking this earlier, have any Euro based teams made it to the Cup recently?

New Jersey, Carolina, Edmonton, Tampa Bay, Anaheim, maybe Anaheim was a Euro based team, but as you can see, Euros dont bring much success to teams in the recent history of the NHL.

Old
02-24-2007, 09:42 PM
ThirdEye

It's just not going to happen no matter how much some of you want it. Not exactly a good idea to generalize like this either, because half the Euros on this team play great. That said, I think Tom Renney is the biggest problem right now. No matter what your team is made up of, if the coach doesn't do his job they won't win, plain and simple.

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 09:43 PM
JerseyRangers

Sorry but the problem started when Jagr became the leader. Jagr thinks that you can win in the NHL by playing a finesse, perimeter oriented game. The problem with that is that most teams have learned that against the Rangers you clog the middle, stay in the passing lanes and try to minimize chasing JJ around the zone. Add to that the refs who have allowed teams to claw at JJ all season long and you've basically got the formula for stopping JJ. Jagr, to his discredit, refuses to change the game plan as do his teammates. In the end as long as Jagr is in charge then this team will not win! END OF STORY!

JerseyRangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 09:45 PM
MidnightRanger

Send a message via AIM to MidnightRanger
It's not even about being Euro. Just in general, our team lacks grit and toughness and engenuity in how to score. We don't have bangers or people to screen the goalies, we dont have someone to lay people out or to protect Jagr and those types of players. We lack a lot of Hockey fundamentals and elements to succeed. Hopefully I believe we have these things in the minors but we still need a real enforcer and a real power forward that can do the dirty work and push in the garbage goals that we never seem to get. It's not just the Euros, we are soft in general, Hollweg is a soft toughguy, he just doesnt have what it takes. Blair Betts, Dupuis, and Cullen are all soft too. The only tough guy we have on the team is Aaron Ward and Maybe Tyutin when he feels like being physical. Other than that NOTHING. Mighty little Sean Avery is a firebug but he isnt enough.

MidnightRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 09:46 PM
steviek3b

I have to agree that Nylander is extremely overrated. I think Jagr, Nylander, Roszival make the power play a passing fest.

I curse the tv every night when Nylander touches the puck. He passes and holds and holds and holds and passes.

I think ever since they moved the blue line back this team has only tried to take shots from the point. But with no one in front and the blue line 3 more feet back they dont have a good chance to score.

steviek3b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 09:47 PM
g52*

I would see if we could move Prucha for a young Dman.

Last edited by g52*: 03-14-2007 at 10:28 PM.
Old
02-24-2007, 09:47 PM
ATLANTARANGER*

I'm tired of all the endless cycling that serves absolutely no purpose at all. I don't care if they are euros, russians, finesse french canadians & americans. I want north south some old fashion western canadian hockey. Speed & physical play and a mean demeanor.

ATLANTARANGER* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 09:48 PM
AXN

It's not he Euros that is the problem. They have too many passing european defenseman that pass to the other team.

AXN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 09:51 PM
MidnightRanger

Send a message via AIM to MidnightRanger
Hell it's just so sad how soft we are. Henrik Lundqvist shows more toughness and passion than if I made a hockey player out of Malik, Rosie, Rachunek and all the other scrubs on this team combined. It's quite sad when your goalie is the toughest guy on your team.

MidnightRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 09:53 PM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majoritystorm View Post
Hell it's just so sad how soft we are. Henrik Lundqvist shows more toughness and passion than if I made a hockey player out of Malik, Rosie, Rachunek and all the other scrubs on this team combined. It's quite sad when your goalie is the toughest guy on your team.
All three of those need to go ASAP, save for maybe Roszival. He's nowhere near as bad as the other ones

Old
02-24-2007, 09:54 PM
AXN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majoritystorm View Post
I disagree on Malik. He is not a bad defenseman. Rozsival is not bad either. Rachunek and Pock together with them is too much.

AXN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 09:56 PM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by AXN View Post
I disagree on Malik. He is not a bad defenseman. Rozsival is not bad either. Rachunek and Pock together with them is too much.
Malik has been horrible. He's the softest player on this team imo

Old
02-24-2007, 09:59 PM
g52*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AXN View Post
Wow where the hell have you been?

Old
02-24-2007, 10:20 PM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Did anyone go to the game s the Jackets? I was there and man does Jagr pout and put his head down like a crybaby all game long. He never skates hard to the bench and often causes the team to have bad changes. Nylander is great at doing the Kovalev and skating for 35 seconds and never shooting or passing, Malik enough said. The 4th line tonight was all over the ice a goal a plus rating and a fight. The fact they got one shift in the second period was a disgrace. Avery Hollweg Orr are playing great Betts Giraldi and Shanahan are from where? Why the hell we wasting a roster spot on Krog?

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 10:23 PM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

PAR

(there I said it)

Are you nuts? Prucha's got more balls and heart than most NA's.

Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 10:24 PM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

Renney just needs to take the reigns and step and say "shoot the freakin puck!''. You know things are bad when my GF is watching the game with me just before and she looks and me and says,"why do they just keep skating around and passing? Do they ever shoot?" :

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 10:36 PM
LeftCoastRangersFan

The problems we face go well beyond the players or their nationality. The number one defining problem with the New York Rangers is our Organisational (i.e., structural) Philosophy. The problems can only be fixed in a top > down manner. Winning is of second importance to the highest management position. That needs to change first, then that philosophical change trickles down to the team President & to the GM, whom pushes that change to the staff he's personally responsible for (all coaching staff, scouts, etc).

Only then will our players (this roster or not) have what we see almost every game from the players across the river in NJ. You all know what it is, so I won't bother to spell it out for you. Until the very fiber of this organisation changes, the Rangers will continue to be a (deserved) laughing stock no matter if we're stocked with boys from Prague or Saskatoon.

LeftCoastRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 10:40 PM
allcar67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
Did anyone go to the game s the Jackets? I was there and man does Jagr pout and put his head down like a crybaby all game long. He never skates hard to the bench and often causes the team to have bad changes. Nylander is great at doing the Kovalev and skating for 35 seconds and never shooting or passing, Malik enough said. The 4th line tonight was all over the ice a goal a plus rating and a fight. The fact they got one shift in the second period was a disgrace. Avery Hollweg Orr are playing great Betts Giraldi and Shanahan are from where? Why the hell we wasting a roster spot on Krog?
I was there. I left after the 2nd Columbus SH goal. Jagr plays with the least amount of passion of any star player I have ever seen. I'm tired of watching him. I'm tired of watching Nylander and Malik. With the possible exceptions of Shanahan, Avery and Hollweg, is there really anybody on this roster that any of us would truly care if they aren't Rangers come Tuesday night?

allcar67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 10:43 PM
Classic Devil
Global Moderator
Spirit of 1988

Awards:
If you guys want to deal Prucha the Devils will be more than happy to take him off your hands... I think he's a great player who can only get better.

Classic Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 10:45 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Devil View Post
If you guys want to deal Prucha the Devils will be more than happy to take him off your hands... I think he's a great player who can only get better.
Prucha and a 2nd for Parise?

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 11:51 PM
HenrikO'doyle

Im with ya on the sale, but we probably wont do it. BTW Jagr is pissing me off, worst captain ever, he doesnt play hard, I sometimes wonder if he cares. Every team has had this problem with him ever since he cut the mullet.

HenrikO'doyle is offline   Reply With Quote