HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Zetterberg out 2-3 weeks

Old
02-28-2007, 05:13 PM
Heaton
#disapointment

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Heaton
Zetterberg out 2-3 weeks

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a.../70228056/1053

Heaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2007, 05:47 PM
Fugu

vCash:
Hmmm. Sounds like late March returns for all of our injured forwards then. Hope no one else gets hurt in the meantime.

Old
02-28-2007, 06:05 PM
zetterberg40

Send a message via AIM to zetterberg40
sucks because hes on fire lately, but at the same time, good.. he will get some much needed rest and if the team can win without him, cleary, samuelsson, and bertuzzi then how good are we going to be with them in the lineup.. so this is a good opportunity for youngsters to make a mark for next season

zetterberg40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2007, 06:28 PM
ALF AmericanLionsFan

Wow, that really sucks

ALF AmericanLionsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2007, 06:34 PM
unkempt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Galvin View Post
Wow, that really sucks
****, just when he was picking it up to the next level ...

but wait - that means that we will see some more Hoodlum in Wings uniform; maybe he will pick it up to next level too

unkempt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2007, 06:45 PM
ALF AmericanLionsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkempt View Post
****, just when he was picking it up to the next level ...

but wait - that means that we will see some more Hoodlum in Wings uniform; maybe he will pick it up to next level too
I love Hoodlum, hopefully this gets him more of a chance......

ALF AmericanLionsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2007, 07:04 PM
HockeyinHD

At this point, who cares?

I mean, sure, it sucks that Zetterberg is hurt. The upside is this is 3 weeks off to rest his wrist and it removes any lingering pressure to win the Central. I still think the team can (and likely will) win it, but with Zetterberg, Cleary, Samuelsson and some guy named Bertuzzi out for probably the same 2-3 week period there's a little bit of a built in excuse, too.

The other upside that I think someone else already touched on is that we have officially entered Jiri Hudler and Valterri Filppula's audition period for their role on the team next year, and perhaps into this coming postseason.

HockeyinHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2007, 08:17 PM
Shoalzie

Time for Dats to step it up...no Hank around to help out. This is his chance to shine. Hopefully Hank is good to go when April rolls around.

Shoalzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2007, 08:36 PM
Rattray

This is horrible news for me.

Rattray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2007, 08:57 PM
Winger98
powers combined

Send a message via Yahoo to Winger98
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyinHD View Post

I mean, sure, it sucks that Zetterberg is hurt. The upside is this is 3 weeks off to rest his wrist and it removes any lingering pressure to win the Central. I still think the team can (and likely will) win it, but with Zetterberg, Cleary, Samuelsson and some guy named Bertuzzi out for probably the same 2-3 week period there's a little bit of a built in excuse, too.

The other upside that I think someone else already touched on is that we have officially entered Jiri Hudler and Valterri Filppula's audition period for their role on the team next year, and perhaps into this coming postseason.
Bingo. I'll be interested in seeing how those games against Nashville go. I have to think that if the Wings can halve the points with them, the shine will be coming off the preds a bit while helping the Wings build some momentum and getting some players some valuable experience.

Winger98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2007, 09:04 PM
Blades of Steel 1972

Send a message via Yahoo to Blades of Steel 1972
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoalzie View Post
Time for Dats to step it up...no Hank around to help out. This is his chance to shine. Hopefully Hank is good to go when April rolls around.
If Pavel plays like he did yesterday, Im not as worried. This news still sucks though

Blades of Steel 1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2007, 09:24 PM
kira

Send a message via ICQ to kira Send a message via Yahoo to kira
I agree....this is definitely Pasha's time to shine...and if his agent wants to really play hardball with a new contract, what better platform to do it from.

And this will also give Jiri and Valtteri a time to shine...which I hope they do.

Just bums me that I won't see Henrik when I go to the Boston game a week from Sunday.

kira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2007, 11:08 PM
sarcastro

vCash: 663
They don't really have a choice but to play Flip and/or Hudler on the top 2 lines. What are they going to do, play Ellis or Hussey up there?

Datsyuk will either make some money or lose some money in the next 2-3 weeks. Most of his fate will be decided by the playoffs, but if he steps it up while Hank is out, it will help him a lot. If he slumps, however, he'll look really bad.

sarcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 12:07 AM
Rattray

Why is this the only site that is reporting the news? (crosses fingers)

Rattray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 12:43 AM
A Good Flying Bird*

Point of Order: The next two weeks mean jack squat for Datsyuk.

It's ALL about the playoffs with Pavel.

A Good Flying Bird* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 12:58 AM
Rare Jewel
Patience

nooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

Rare Jewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 02:01 AM
Filppula
Jurks

Why do I get the feeling it will keep him out longer than 2-3 weeks...

Filppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 03:06 AM
DrCrane

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyinHD View Post

I mean, sure, it sucks that Zetterberg is hurt. The upside is this is 3 weeks off to rest his wrist and it removes any lingering pressure to win the Central.
He still have problems with the wrist? I knew there were issues with it before the season started but I thought he got rid of the pain. Operation in the post-season then?!

DrCrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 03:12 AM
mach777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filppula View Post
Why do I get the feeling it will keep him out longer than 2-3 weeks...
As long as it isn't longer than a month, why not? Keep him rested and let all the small things heal up before the playoffs.

mach777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 03:38 AM
TOPGUN
I Am Terrible!

As I understand he needs to rest for 7-10 days but the Red Wings staff are playing this safe by giving him 2-3 weeks of resting time!

It’s nothing serious but it still sucks, on the bright side his body gets some rest before the playoffs witch IMO is a good thing

See, even something like this can be turned into a positive thing

TOPGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 07:30 AM
HockeyinHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCrane View Post
He still have problems with the wrist? I knew there were issues with it before the season started but I thought he got rid of the pain. Operation in the post-season then?!
The fact that the wrist has been an issue on and off for the past three years leads me to suspect it's something of a chronic, inoperable injury. I guess anything is operable, but my point is that perhaps an operation would cause more problems than it could fix.

At any rate, nothing helps that kind of injury more than being able to rest it, and two or so weeks of rest at this time of year is a godsend.

HockeyinHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 08:20 AM
14ari13

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcastro View Post
They don't really have a choice but to play Flip and/or Hudler on the top 2 lines. What are they going to do, play Ellis or Hussey up there?

Datsyuk will either make some money or lose some money in the next 2-3 weeks. Most of his fate will be decided by the playoffs, but if he steps it up while Hank is out, it will help him a lot. If he slumps, however, he'll look really bad.
Very good point, just shortsighted people would not realize this. If Datsyuk steps up now and carry the team while Z is out, his value will definitely increase.
Though if D does not play so well while Z is out, but he plays very well in the PO then the next 2-3 weeks won't matter.

14ari13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 09:20 AM
Fugu

vCash:
Other than ALL those games against Nashville between now and the end of the year, there's really only one stretch where we play tougher (or contending) teams. That's the 3rd-4th weeks in March where the Wings will play Calgary, Anaheim, Dallas and Vancouver. Might as well give Z at least these 2-3 weeks. Even with facing the Preds in that stretch, our schedule can be helped by having some not so tough teams in between and at the very end (2 x Cls and Chi respectively).

Old
03-01-2007, 09:57 AM
A Good Flying Bird*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14ari13 View Post
Very good point, just shortsighted people would not realize this. If Datsyuk steps up now and carry the team while Z is out, his value will definitely increase.
Though if D does not play so well while Z is out, but he plays very well in the PO then the next 2-3 weeks won't matter.
Really?
What if Datsyuk is Hercules over the next three weeks and blows in the playoffs?

We've seen Pavel carry this team before. Back in Winter December 03, IIRC, when the entire Wings roster was injured. When Bootland and Nate Robinson were taking regular shifts.
He blew up for about a month.

And then, when everyone was healthy again, he settled down.

A Good Flying Bird* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 10:01 AM
TheDakkster*

I thought I'd once again share with you guys the astounding knowledge the hockey people at the Swedish newspaper Aftonbladet have. This is from today's article about Hank's injury, and basically the whole article is just regurgitated stuff from the FreeP, but then this little gem is added at the end of it:

"Nu får nyförvärvet Todd Bertuzzi direkt dra ett tyngre lass."

Translation: "Now the new acquisition Todd Bertuzzi immediately gets to carry a heavier load."

It's fascinating, isn't it? I'm telling you, over the last three or four years I've seen at most three articles/box scores that didn't have a gross error like that. And they report daily. Jesus Borat Christ.

TheDakkster* is offline   Reply With Quote