HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

RDS would like to see Chipchura be the next young player to be move.

Old
03-01-2007, 03:15 PM
JordanStaal#1Fan

vCash: 1012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tout ptit View Post
They're just OK...
I wish François Gagnon would get in there.
In fact, what makes them "just ok" is the fact they cannot communicate their ideas clearly. They know their hockey, it's obvious. They just can't express in opinion in proper french. They try to speak "too cute" IMO and lose their ideas. Houde can be "cute" with language and other hosts but no the analysts.

JordanStaal#1Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 03:17 PM
Belso

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VGTvidz View Post
hahaha, you guys haven't heard Jean Pagé yesterday on 110%... He said, why haven't we traded : S. Kosti, A Kosti, A Perez, Tom Plekanec + 1st round pick for Ryan Smith! if anyone can beat that, well, he's good!
throw in Latendresse and we have a deal!!

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 03:27 PM
Admaker

Le Baron an idiot?

He is the worst of them all on RDS.

Admaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 03:29 PM
VGTvidz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belso View Post
throw in Latendresse and we have a deal!!
Ohhhh no we don't, he's a french player!! we need to clear the team of any european and keep all the french players!! sorry... it could have been Latendresse vs Ryan Smith and the deal would have been bad for him!

VGTvidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 04:02 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raskolnikov76 View Post
Enough with those kind of comments!

Did you ever imagine how it would be if Koivu was french? He would have been booed of town a long time ago, everyone one would he on his case, etc.. etc..

yers.French players have it much more worst in Montreal than non-french pla
That's very true, but also very difficult for people outside La Belle Province to understand .

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 04:23 PM
FF de Mars

vCash: 915
Sign Chipchura for a 7 years 45M contract ! Hahaha. Seriously, I don't see the point of resigning Bonk next year. Sure, he is a good defencive player, but if we want to one day win the cup, we need to DEVELOP our rookies by giving them ice time. If we are not willing to do that, we might as well trade our 1st and 2nd round picks every year along with all the rookies stuck in the minors.

FF de Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 04:47 PM
Reuben

why does what some guy say's on the radio deserve its own thread, how many what guys said on the radio threads do we need? we already have 10 or more of them already.

Reuben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 04:54 PM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
I would say his skating is similar to Bonk. Bonk isn't the fastest but he is deceptive because he can turn the jets on when he has to. Chipchura only seems to be going slow because he takes his time in order to minimize mistakes. What makes his speed a non-factor is his great anticipation of the game. No he won't jump at you and steal the puck from your stick all the time, but he will make his way into your passing/shooting lane and get rid of most of your options. He is such a smart player.

He did get his achilles tendon cut, but I don't think it slowed him down at all.
It is very similar to Bonk. He came back from the injury a better skater it seemed.

toshiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 05:13 PM
TheDamned
"Only in Montréal"

Guy Lafleur is one of the worst hockey analyst EVER.
I never read one good article in the Journal the Montréal. He's always bashing the euro players and Kovalev. He's pathetic.

TheDamned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 07:42 PM
GNick42

Prospects like Chips are easy to replace. An example would be aquiring Begin or signing Bonk long term. If he was packaged in a deal for a stud player I have no beef with that.

Team is in a position to package a Perez, Milroy, Chips, or a #1 pick for a Forsberg or Smyth type.

GNick42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 07:58 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNick42 View Post
Prospects like Chips are easy to replace. An example would be aquiring Begin or signing Bonk long term. If he was packaged in a deal for a stud player I have no beef with that.

Team is in a position to package a Perez, Milroy, Chips, or a #1 pick for a Forsberg or Smyth type.
I agree with the second part of your post but not your first. Chips will be huge, just watch. Heart of a lion.

waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 08:11 PM
GNick42

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
I agree with the second part of your post but not your first. Chips will be huge, just watch. Heart of a lion.

Yeah...you probably are right about Chips. We have a lack of leadership on the team so he is extra valuable because of that. But we were in a position to package extra youth for a stud player. Teams like Islanders, Nashville and Dallas gave up a lot of youth but then again they didn't give up a lot.

GNick42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 08:12 PM
Kimota
Three Bananas

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpezNc View Post
Of course its a show! I'm not taking Cherry's, Mailloux's comments seriously..

But still, I cannot understand why Le BARON and Langdeau give their opinions when they know nothings about Chipchura and Gorges...

You wanna know my age? 24

So it's NOT a lack of maturity !!! Next question?
If you know that's an entertainment then you understand that it's make-believe, right? These two guys are just shooting stuff out of their arses for entertainment purposes and to be controversials. I would be willing to bet that half the things they say on that show, they do not really think.

Saying things like "RDS are morons! French medias are awful" just because you have two guys doing an entertainment show on RDS is not thinking too much.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 08:15 PM
Kimota
Three Bananas

Quote:
Originally Posted by VGTvidz View Post
Ohhhh no we don't, he's a french player!! we need to clear the team of any european and keep all the french players!! sorry... it could have been Latendresse vs Ryan Smith and the deal would have been bad for him!
stop being a racist

That said Le Baron is ridiculously moronic.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 08:18 PM
MXD

I Do.

MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 08:28 PM
VGTvidz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
stop being a racist
are you sarcastic or you're serious?

VGTvidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 08:32 PM
Belso

Quote:
stop being a racist

That said Le Baron is ridiculously moronic.
I don't think it was racist. French speaking Hab fans like the home grown players who relate to them. Wouldn't you favor your brother as opposed to you friends brother? You don't hate your friends brother, you just like yours more. So I agree. Latendresse would probably not have been trown in the deal.

By the why I like Latendresse. He seems like a good kid. He's got potential. But I like Sergei Kostitsyn as much. That kid can score, works hard and isn't afraid of anyone. Some Quebecers are really biased. I don't care if the guy is a green Martian. If he can make the Habs win, I like the guy.. Besides my avatar has two Americans in it

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 08:43 PM
Big Sexy

Reminds me of a friends step dad...complete moron, but everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Big Sexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 08:57 PM
Maddas*

He does stand out as a prime idiot on RDS which is quite a feat really considering the imbeciles they've got on their pay roll.

Maddas* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 09:14 PM
SpezNc

The best are :

Mathias Brunet and François Gagnon

Renaud Lavoie of RDS is not bad.. He is not great but he is way better than some other RDS guys... What I don't like about Lavoie is when he is trying to convince us that he has a scoop "The habs are seriously involve with Patrick Elias" ... Maybe He was right, but what he said never happens...

SpezNc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 09:22 PM
SpezNc

Quote:
If you know that's an entertainment then you understand that it's make-believe, right? These two guys are just shooting stuff out of their arses for entertainment purposes and to be controversials. I would be willing to bet that half the things they say on that show, they do not really think.

Saying things like "RDS are morons! French medias are awful" just because you have two guys doing an entertainment show on RDS is not thinking too much.
What Cherry and Doc Mailloux I think you're right, they are not thinking to much...

But what Alain "Le baron" Chantelois said, I think its what he is really thinking...

SpezNc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 09:25 PM
Teufelsdreck

The Habs are desperately in need of scorers. I don't think Chipchura will score as many goals as Plekanec, so he's not the answer.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 09:54 PM
Pere Noel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le depisteur View Post
Le Baron is a clown... 0 credibility... and I don't even know why his name is Le Baron...

Poor RDS...
If probably really was Le Toton but the media decided it would be best to tweak it a bit, so that's how he ended up with Le Baron

Pere Noel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 10:05 PM
FF de Mars

vCash: 915
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
I agree with you waffledave. Also, what we can't overlook is that we have a chance to "educate" and "form" Chipchura, something we can't do with a UFA. I don't think this part should be overlooked, especially, when you have a prestigious team like the habs.

FF de Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 10:14 PM
MoonlightGraham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
The **** are you on about?

Look at the way Latendresse has been treaded this year.

For christ sakes you still have ****** bags in the media claiming that Koivu isn't a leader cuz he hasn't learned french.
José Théodore and Patrice Brisebois.

The truth about french players is it goes both ways. If they're good or have a lot of potential, like Latendresse this year or Théodore back in the day, they're huge stars. If they ever disappoint, they're treated far worse than english/american/european players. Hard working players like Bégin are also very popular.

Koivu is a very popular players among Québec fans, and he still is this year despite a difficult second half by him and the rest of the team. It's not because one media has talked about the fact that he doesn't speak french that every fan from Québec hates him.

And another thing: it's not because one person on RDS says he would like to see Chipchura get traded that everyone in Québec believes so and hates players who don't come from Québec.

Last edited by MoonlightGraham: 03-01-2007 at 10:19 PM.
MoonlightGraham is offline   Reply With Quote