HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Classy Fan

Old
02-28-2007, 09:59 PM
IslesFanatic
**** you SnoWang

vCash: 500
Classy Fan

I just wanted to let you guys know how much the Isles fans respect the way you have handled this whole trade. I know how hard it must be right now because I went through the same thing Pat laFontaine many years ago and I just think that coming over to our board and wishing us luck was a very classy move. I hope that O'marra and Nilsson became all stars for you guys because fans like you deserve it. Good luck the rest of the way and I don't mean this in a bad way, but I hope we resign Ryan Smyth. We will take good care of him I'm sure. We are very excited about having him here on the Island. Again thanks for all of your kind words.

IslesFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2007, 10:01 PM
Jimmi Jenkins
So Rainy

Thanks man and I hope you guys make a great run. My dream would have you guys beating Anaheim 4 straight in the finals. Good Luck, and trust me, you will LOVE Smytty.

Jimmi Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2007, 10:03 PM
IslesFanatic
**** you SnoWang

Thanks for the kind words. I cant even imagine the **** that would have been typed if this trade was made with the ****ing Leafs. They would probably bash Fraser for it.

Old
02-28-2007, 10:03 PM
voxel

I'm cheering for the Isles to make it to the playoffs (Leafs and Habs are faltering and Canes are limping along) and go on a cinderella run. Hope Smyth super-charges your PP.

voxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2007, 10:09 PM
IslesFanatic
**** you SnoWang

Quote:
Originally Posted by voxel View Post
I'm cheering for the Isles to make it to the playoffs (Leafs and Habs are faltering and Canes are limping along) and go on a cinderella run. Hope Smyth super-charges your PP.
I sure hope so too.

Old
02-28-2007, 10:19 PM
s7ark
TheWorstEver

The Isle are my team from now till the end of the season. Smytty forever.

And thx for being classy. It's tough to lose Smyth. He's the best kind of player you could hope for. Esp for a playoff run. I hope you guys go far. Even a few rounds would get the fans and business interest back.

And I would hope you'd be trying to sign him. But don't get your hopes up to be honest. He's the best. But his agent is a bit of a dick. Now that he is this close to UFA, Smyth likely won't want the distraction of thinking about a contract. He'll likely wait until July and give every team a chance, most likely starting with our teams.

But for now, in the playoffs, just watch and enjoy. He will lose teeth and keep playing for you. He doesn't know how to play any other way. If you put him top line with Yashin and on the 1st PP, he will likely score 10-15 goals for you down the stretch.

You are going to love him.

And no offense, but I am hoping he wins you guys a cup and then comes back here July 1st. He bleeds Oil. I want him back, even if we overpay a bit.

02-28-2007, 10:26 PM
OntOilFan

I think Oiler fans, on some level, are happy Smytty is going to a team that appreciates hard work and old time hockey values.

I, for one, know Islanders fans will appreciate Smyth for the same reasons we loved him as an Oiler. I'm happy he's not off to a team like the Rangers, who are spoiled by prima donna super starts, or Carolina or Nashville, who wouldn't even know who he is.

It's ironic that after all the monumental battles the Oilers and Islanders endured in the 1980s that they'd come to an understanding over Ryan Smyth.

Anyway. Go Islanders. Go Smyth.

OntOilFan is offline   Reply With Quote