HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

AHL Update

Closed Thread

Old
12-11-2003, 05:32 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
AHL Update

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...readed&order=0

From the ECHL, Marios is playing well. I listened to the cottonmouths game the other night, they seem to be getting better. Thinel played well from the sounds of it, and has picked up a few points lately.

For the Dogs, they are tied for 1st overall in a 3 way tie last I checked. They are slightly ahead of last years team at this point, and thats damn impressive considering a new coaching staff, 5 1st year pros, 2 FA's, and 3 Tampa prospects. They have come together and played well in a short time. Jarvis has this team playing some entertaining hockey.

The Dogs play tomorrow night against the Sharks farm team (Barons) and again at 4 pm on Sunday against the Moose.

Old
12-11-2003, 06:32 PM
Holly Gunning

I saw Columbus play for the second time this year last week. Shasby warmed up but didn't play. I didn't find out why.

Thinel looked OK. On the good side, he's patient with the puck, he never panicked. Aggressive offensively, good hockey sense and good skating. On the downside, made several bad passes, still looks unpolished. He's an above average ECHLer.

Larrivee didn't impress me at all. He's a terrible skater, he simply can't make a tight turn. I didn't think his effort level was quite there either.

Old
12-11-2003, 06:45 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Thanks Dan.

I wonder if they plan on using Hainsey on the right side in the future. Seems to me that if they wanted to develop him as a LD, they would play him at that position and move, say Dykhuis, to the right side. But if instead they chose to play Hainsey on his off side with Beauchemin, it could mean they want him to adjust there a whole season in the AHL, and eventually be ready to take on that spot next year in Montreal (where he did well on the right side when he replaced an injured Quintal). It would also make sense from a depth perspective as the team has already two very good Dmen for the future on the left side and only one on the right.

Souray - Komisarek
Markov - Hainsey

Could be the plan of the organization, just speculating...

Old
12-11-2003, 06:49 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyG
I saw Columbus play for the second time this year last week. Shasby warmed up but didn't play. I didn't find out why.

Thinel looked OK. On the good side, he's patient with the puck, he never panicked. Aggressive offensively, good hockey sense and good skating. On the downside, made several bad passes, still looks unpolished. He's an above average ECHLer.

Larrivee didn't impress me at all. He's a terrible skater, he simply can't make a tight turn. I didn't think his effort level was quite there either.

Must have been an injury to Shasby, as their defense needs all the help they can get. Thinel has more experience in the ECHL, so it makes sense. He has some soft hands around the net, but his problem is getting into good scoring lanes. Last year in Utah he looked better along the boards, where the year before in Quebec he was brutal in the corners and along the boards.

Larrivee I felt should have played in the ECHL last year where Savard wanted to send him. It's Savard's fault for giving him a choice though, it seems to have hurt his development, but it's still early.

I hope to talk with the coach of the cottonmouths as the season gets older.

Closed Thread