Notices

Matthew Lombardi - From an outsiders perspective

Old
02-28-2007, 10:29 PM
TravisUlrich
Eternal Optimist

vCash: 500
Matthew Lombardi - From an outsiders perspective

I'm not a Flames fan, though I did jump on the bandwagon during the '04 playoffs, I usually only catch Calgary games because I do a lot of my work (webpage stuff) at night after the Leafs game on CBC so feel free to dismiss my analysis as all of you are sure to have a better perspective on your team's players.

But I gotta say, I have a bit of a man-crush on Matthew Lombardi. You guys are very lucky to have him because I really think this guy is getting ready to explode. Every time I watch a Flames game he impresses me with his blazing speed and a good two-way prowess. You can just tell that something special is developing there.

I'm interested in what Flames fans think of this guy. Personally, I'd love to have this guy on my team. I think in a few seasons he's either going to develope into a consistent 30 goal scoring center or an equally valuable John Madden or Kris Drapper-like shutdown player.

Thoughts?

TravisUlrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2007, 10:41 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Lombardi has been a good player for us this year. His speed when used to generate scoring chances is pretty impressive and has come in handy numberous times this season already. Definately someone I hope to see the Flames hold on to.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2007, 11:20 PM
BenThatcher

Other than Huselius, he's been the biggest surprise for the Flames this year. Going in we didn't know if he would be out of the NHL by the end of the year or not. I honestly think he's the fastest player in the Western Conference, at least, and he has a great attitude. He'll get a huge raise in the off season but he deserves it. The worst part is, if he hadn't been taken out by Hatcher in the playoffs in 2004 he'd be a monster by now and we probably would have won the Cup. Woulda coulda I guess.

BenThatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2007, 11:36 PM
TravisUlrich
Eternal Optimist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenThatcher View Post
Other than Huselius, he's been the biggest surprise for the Flames this year. Going in we didn't know if he would be out of the NHL by the end of the year or not. I honestly think he's the fastest player in the Western Conference, at least, and he has a great attitude. He'll get a huge raise in the off season but he deserves it. The worst part is, if he hadn't been taken out by Hatcher in the playoffs in 2004 he'd be a monster by now and we probably would have won the Cup. Woulda coulda I guess.
Yeah, Huselius is the other guy I was going to mention. I was shocked when Calgary was able to pick up this untapped prospect for so little!

Anyway, enjoying this Flames-Wild game right now (going to the shootout). Go Flames!

TravisUlrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 12:22 AM
natural420*

i can honestly say iam not surprised by either of these two. i was one of the few telling ignorant outsider fans (oilers, canucks etc...) that these two are going to breakout this year, specially lombardi. i also thought kobasew might so i was wrong on that. but this is just another "i told you so" i've got under my belt from the pre-season predictions

natural420* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 12:26 AM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by natural420 View Post
i can honestly say iam not surprised by either of these two. i was one of the few telling ignorant outsider fans (oilers, canucks etc...) that these two are going to breakout this year, specially lombardi. i also thought kobasew might so i was wrong on that. but this is just another "i told you so" i've got under my belt from the pre-season predictions
i admit i am shocked by both... i said Huselius would never be more than a 25 goal/50 point player... and i said Lombardi wouldn't scor emore than 10 goals

i love being wrong about stuff like this

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote