HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Did Lowe fail the Oilers? Did the players fail us?

Old
02-28-2007, 10:38 PM
metallicat

vCash: 500
Did Lowe fail the Oilers? Did the players fail us?

Sorry for starting a new thread, just wanted some general comments or opinions on Kevin Lowe and the players.

It is clear that after Pronger departed, Lowe did not bring in the defensive talent to bring this team up to a level necessary to make the playoffs. The Oilers won't miss the dance because Smyth is now gone, they were going to miss regardless this season it seems.

So was it Lowe's fault for not bringing in the needed players? Or were they just not available?

Or is it the roster itself? Obviously some guys are not having seasons that we think they should. I think the blame falls 50/50 right now, only because I do not know what goes on inside Kevin Lowe's office. If he worked 24/7 trying to get proper players here last July, and was just unable to because of a lack of availability, or because elite players did not want to sign here, he can't accept much of the blame for this season.

I'm glad at the return for Smyth. It broke my heart today to see him crying, because it's obvious that he loves this city and this team. If he comes back next year, great. If not, I hope we do not see a repeat of July 06 in which no elite player signed here for whatever reason.

metallicat is offline   Reply With Quote