HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Would this satisfy my fellow Oil fans?

Closed Thread

Old
12-12-2003, 10:23 AM
Oilercreeper

vCash: 500
Agree.. I was at the draft when Oilers chose Steve Kelly... I thought I was gonna be hearing Doan's name but it never came out. Atleast at the moment it looks like those days are over and Oilers are starting to pick alittle better..

If Oilers took with the 4th pick.... Who was could have been the Oilers 2nd pick?

Old
12-12-2003, 10:25 AM
LawnDemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky01
Hey, take it easy, I was just disagreeing with you on an opinion you have of O'Niell. As far as I know, that's still allowed on these boards.

O'Niell salary according to the Sports Forecaster is 3.3M, which with Bonuses could work out too the 3.7M that you have a link for. Comrie with bonuses made right around that amount.

I'm not sure how a Draft Preview issue would be irrelavant when discussing a players skating ability. I'm pretty sure (although I may not have watched as much Hockey as you have) that Skating ability doesn't magically disappear.

As for his work ethic, that neither of us know for sure. I'm pretty sure you haven't been playing for the Whalers or Hurricanes in the last 9 years. I wasn't pointing out he had a great work ethic, just that I didn't know where you got it from that he was lazy.

What I was trying to say is that O'Niell would be a way better return for Comrie then Perry and a 1st. I think he would fit perfectly into the Oilers lineup if he could return to the centre position. He is more of a shooter than a passer and in my opinion, would be great with Hemsky.

And next time, before you have a heart attack that some had the gall to try and disagree with you, take a pill! Nothing personal, just relax dude! I'm pretty sure if you go back and read both posts, you will see that you are the one questioning my credibility. And I couldn't care less!
if you think that people aren't going to be offended by comments like "you're opinion of O'Neill is not very credible" then you must be pretty naive. that kind of comment is "insulting" someone, not "disagreeing" with them.

for example, i disagree with your opinion that O'Neill would be a better return for comrie than Perry and a first. i'll explain why:

- o'neill makes 3.7 million per season (according to the NHL Players Association who seems a reasonable source for such things). the oilers can't afford that. especially after signing oates.
- o'neill will be an unrestricted free agent when his current contract expires. somehow i don't think the oilers could afford to give him a UFA style raise on his current contract. thus, they would lose him for nothing.

so in my opinion:
comrie > 2 1/2 years of Jeff O'Neill at a cost of 7.4 million dollars

Old
12-12-2003, 11:01 AM
Hemsky01

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnDemon
if you think that people aren't going to be offended by comments like "you're opinion of O'Neill is not very credible" then you must be pretty naive. that kind of comment is "insulting" someone, not "disagreeing" with them.

for example, i disagree with your opinion that O'Neill would be a better return for comrie than Perry and a first. i'll explain why:

- o'neill makes 3.7 million per season (according to the NHL Players Association who seems a reasonable source for such things). the oilers can't afford that. especially after signing oates.
- o'neill will be an unrestricted free agent when his current contract expires. somehow i don't think the oilers could afford to give him a UFA style raise on his current contract. thus, they would lose him for nothing.

so in my opinion:
comrie > 2 1/2 years of Jeff O'Neill at a cost of 7.4 million dollars
I agree with you that O'Niell is kind of expensive and the UFA was a side of O'Niell I hadn't thought of. I do think that the Oilers have to make deals with faith that the new CBA will help them resign players such as O'Niell (should they acquire them), hence, my opinion that O'Niell>Perry and a first. At least we know what we are getting for the next 2 1/2 years, with prospects and picks, it could amount to nothing.

And yes, I think you get offended to easily.

Closed Thread