HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What 1st Rd Picks do we have for 2007?

Old
03-01-2007, 04:51 PM
oilerfan18

vCash: 500
Trade all three 1st rounders for the 1st overall!

You think that would be possible?

oilerfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 05:00 PM
The Human Torch

Send a message via MSN to The Human Torch
do any of the top 10 have ties to oilers management, owners, or history? if they do, you know damn well that they're the ones we're targeting.

The Human Torch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 05:19 PM
oilerfan18

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Human Torch View Post
do any of the top 10 have ties to oilers management, owners, or history? if they do, you know damn well that they're the ones we're targeting.
Or do any of them with ties to the Oilers managements have sons we can trade for....................

oilerfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 08:14 PM
nafrelio

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilerfan18 View Post
Trade all three 1st rounders for the 1st overall!

You think that would be possible?
I doubt it - quantity doesn't usually buy quality - but who knows?

IMHO, we need to go after guys with 1st line potential if they are out there. If we use our picks to get three 2nd liners, we're not really helping our team. We have a HUGE GLUT of 2nd tier players in our prospect pool - Schremp, Pouliot, Cogs, Nillson(?), Gilbert, etc, etc. Those who we thought were high end guys have become more suspect this year. Why would we settle with a #10-#12 pick when (IF we found a taker), we could use it to go for someone with a higher ceiling (1st liner)? Those above mentioned guys all sound okay (although Espo sounds like a bust to me - we have enough high-bust potential guys right now). I'm not at all an expert on these draftees, but we need to take a risk for a higher end guy considering the depth of prospects we've accumulated. Trade up if there's something worth trading up for!!!

IF we don't use our picks to trade for a dman or RFA, etc. etc. we could realistically use our #9 - #10 pick (IMO more realistic that #7) with NYI's #17(ish) and trade up to #6 or #7? Maybe we get a #4 pick if we trade all three, but I don't think that would be wise - just trade two for one. From the sounds of what some here have reported, there are some potential steals later on too (e.g. Cunti??)

What do you people think we could get with our picks and/or a combo of our picks? Are there any "certain" 1st liners there? Turris, Kane, Alzner, Cherepanov?

nafrelio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2007, 09:41 PM
Tyrolean

Quote:
Originally Posted by nafrelio View Post
I doubt it - quantity doesn't usually buy quality - but who knows?

IMHO, we need to go after guys with 1st line potential if they are out there. If we use our picks to get three 2nd liners, we're not really helping our team. We have a HUGE GLUT of 2nd tier players in our prospect pool - Schremp, Pouliot, Cogs, Nillson(?), Gilbert, etc, etc. Those who we thought were high end guys have become more suspect this year. Why would we settle with a #10-#12 pick when (IF we found a taker), we could use it to go for someone with a higher ceiling (1st liner)? Those above mentioned guys all sound okay (although Espo sounds like a bust to me - we have enough high-bust potential guys right now). I'm not at all an expert on these draftees, but we need to take a risk for a higher end guy considering the depth of prospects we've accumulated. Trade up if there's something worth trading up for!!!

IF we don't use our picks to trade for a dman or RFA, etc. etc. we could realistically use our #9 - #10 pick (IMO more realistic that #7) with NYI's #17(ish) and trade up to #6 or #7? Maybe we get a #4 pick if we trade all three, but I don't think that would be wise - just trade two for one. From the sounds of what some here have reported, there are some potential steals later on too (e.g. Cunti??)

What do you people think we could get with our picks and/or a combo of our picks? Are there any "certain" 1st liners there? Turris, Kane, Alzner, Cherepanov?
Except for Hemsky, Oilers have nothing to trade to get into the top 3 picks. The could trade all 3 for the #1 pick I guess.

Tyrolean is offline   Reply With Quote