HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Avery

Old
03-04-2007, 10:25 AM
Prucha25Graves988*

vCash: 500
Avery

not only cause he scored the tying goal last night, but this kid is pure energy and gives NYR a whole different look. Its very funny how one player can change the look of a team, and this is a kid NYR desperatley needed and glad they got him. I was pumped as soon as I heard he was traded to NYR. Its quit obvious the kid is gonna be given a nice contract hopefully atleast 3 years, if not 2 with an option. But his play,speed,shot ,big mouth and energetic fesity play is great for NY the kid fits in just like barnaby did, hes a crowd favorite and is gonna be. i love the kids will to say and do what he feels.

A great move by sather and a kid i dont wanna see go anywhere.

Anyway check out this clip I found when i was looking for a clip of his tying goal against St.Louis,as i missed the game cause I was at a wake with my girl,so im pretty pissed out of all games I had to miss this one, but its fine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ts9FF...elated&search=

Last edited by Prucha25Graves988*: 03-04-2007 at 10:34 AM.
Prucha25Graves988* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 10:55 AM
GarretJoseph*

Avery is God.

GarretJoseph* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 11:17 AM
TomLaidlaw

I knew this was gonna happen as soon as we got him. NY loves players like Sean Avery. I hope we give him a multi year extension the guy plays his heart out every single game and has skill along with hustle and doesn't back down from anyone.

TomLaidlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 11:18 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Sign him for 10 years.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 11:18 AM
GarretJoseph*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Prescription View Post
Sign him for 10 years.
20!

GarretJoseph* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 11:31 AM
Prucha25Graves988*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarretJoseph View Post
20!
Well if we had Wang as an owner they probably would give him a 20 year contractfor 70 Mill, maybe if we were lucky 25 years at 83 mill.

Prucha25Graves988* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 11:33 AM
Garv23

I'm just suprised at how good he is! This guy can seriously play. It seems like almost every pass he makes is crisp and right on the tape. Plus he's got speed and a decent shot. On top of that, he's drives opposing players bananas! Does it get any better than that?

Garv23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 11:35 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

excellent trade

03-04-2007, 11:41 AM
vlh1220

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garv23 View Post
I'm just suprised at how good he is! This guy can seriously play. It seems like almost every pass he makes is crisp and right on the tape. Plus he's got speed and a decent shot. On top of that, he's drives opposing players bananas! Does it get any better than that?
Funny how people in LA didn't think he was worth a bag of pucks. Ranger fans are seeing the type of game Avery is the most effective at playing. Yes he will take some penalties, you can't play his style and not get some penalties called against you. I'm glad Ranger fans see all the good that he can bring to the game also.

vlh1220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 11:47 AM
UAGoalieGuy

If the Rangers make the playoffs I think he (along with the play of Lundqvist) is one of the biggest reasons why. The energy he brings to the game is amazing and has not taken any stupid penalties yet. Also he has somethin like 8 pts in his first 12 games as a Ranger. He's physical, he brings energy, he draws a boatload of penalties, and he puts up solid numbers on the scoreboard. I think he just needed a change of scenery.

As for the trade that brought him to the Rangers, I think (as of right now) was another steal of a deal by Satherony. They gave up a 4th liner at best in Ward, a "prospect" that is like 28-29 years old and might not even come over to the states, and a solid prospect that has 3rd line potential (But still an unknown because he is just that, a prospect with potential). Avery has some questionmarks but so far he has shook off those questionmarks. Hope he keeps it up!

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 11:48 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

only problem i have with his game is his constant diving. i just hate divers so much it isnt even funny. if he cut that out of his game hed be a near perfect "pest" player.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 12:08 PM
JayMan82

I don't think he's THAT much of a diver (Although I've been watching a lot of soccer lately, and you can't go 5 minutes without watching a BLANTANT dive)

JayMan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 12:18 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayMan82 View Post
I don't think he's THAT much of a diver (Although I've been watching a lot of soccer lately, and you can't go 5 minutes without watching a BLANTANT dive)
he dives a LOT. heck in the game against the blues he embellished a trip so much i think thats why they didnt call it. it probably was a legitimate call, but because he did a superman reenactment they didnt call it.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 12:27 PM
Synergy27

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
he dives a LOT. heck in the game against the blues he embellished a trip so much i think thats why they didnt call it. it probably was a legitimate call, but because he did a superman reenactment they didnt call it.
Also in the Blues game, sometime in the third period, right after he finished that huge check he was skating back towards the middle and collided with another Ranger (it was at the far end of the rink so I couldn't see who it was) and he took a pretty bad dive.

Diving really is something that this game could do without, but Avery has a lifetime pass from me after the Brodeur incident. And while we're on the topic of divers, why not mention Brodeur. I think he might be one of the worst divers in hockey.

Synergy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 12:32 PM
nyranger61494
YNWA

I have to eat a small plate of crow on this one. I had read he from Kings fans he was playing much better and matured but I thought some of his antics may be a distraction and take away from the team. So far, he has been phenomenal and our sparkplug, even more talented than I expected...some guys excel in NY and bring their game to a new level...re-sign him!

nyranger61494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 12:32 PM
Levitate

My favorite Avery dive:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVe4XNWVFUM

it's just hilarious

I think Kings fans didn't like him for some of the running of his mouth that he did when he first got there. And perhaps he's focused a bit more on playing hockey lately instead of crazy antics

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 01:06 PM
dank

important thing is that he keeps his play and mentality going through the end of this season (with things probably going sour) and beyond.. so far all things have been great, but even the best players (Jagr) have a tendency to lose focus/enjoyment when things go badly.

dank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 01:08 PM

RIP THAT "C" OFF JAGR'S JERSEY AND PIN IT ON AVERY! HEART AND SOUL! WHAT PASSIONATE PLAY BY THIS GUY!

1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 02:50 PM
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor

It's refeshing to have a guy get down low in the slot and aggravate opposing goalies and defensemen. It leads to "ugly" goals and is an essential style of play for any kind of playoff hope.

Blueshirt Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 02:52 PM
HVPOLARBEARS19

Send a message via AIM to HVPOLARBEARS19 Send a message via MSN to HVPOLARBEARS19
I like what Avery has done in NY a lot, however, I'm just waiting until he does something wrong and then everyone crucifies him and says what a bad move it was by Sather...

HVPOLARBEARS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 03:00 PM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1994 View Post
RIP THAT "C" OFF JAGR'S JERSEY AND PIN IT ON AVERY! HEART AND SOUL! WHAT PASSIONATE PLAY BY THIS GUY!
hmmm, I think that's pushing it a bit. He's a nice supporting player, but by no means captain material.

Old
03-04-2007, 03:04 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Avery needs to feed off the energy & support from teh fans and continue doing his thing, while improving and developing his game even more... He is still young....

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 03:07 PM
rustycage87

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1994 View Post
If the "C" was going to get ripped off of Jagr's jersey, I'd rather see it on Shanny's. I wouldn't be disappointed at all to see Avery with an "A" though.

rustycage87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 03:31 PM
Greaves

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayMan82 View Post
I really like Avery but someone on this board posted this link...sorry if this is already posted in this thread.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=B53W-7tk4Uw

edit: well it turns out it was posted but this version is more funny. lol

Greaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 04:57 PM
In The Flesh

excellent trade.

Avery is awsome, love him on the rangers.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote