HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ref complaining: A catch-all thread!

Old
03-03-2007, 07:28 AM
WheresBarnaby

vCash: 500
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8Mx_x8g7y0

Janssen's is an *******.

WheresBarnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 07:29 AM
natureboy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevFan-RU- View Post
Even so... look at the 2 goals the Penguins scored to tie it up.

If they weren't choke-jobs, but actually hard-earned Penguins goals, then my opinion might be different... but the Rangers screwed themselves more than the refs could have.

The reality is... the Rangers let up 2 horrible goals and gave the other team a chance which they capitalized on.

The penalties didnt help and we're probably wrong... but they were far from the primary reason why the Rangers lost last night.
this from a fan who ALWAYS gets power plays in the final minutes (just like last night) and overtimes of games and whose team always leads in power play differential year after year.

natureboy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 11:14 AM
Hockey MD

Send a message via AIM to Hockey MD
Quote:
Originally Posted by AXN View Post
I don't think Betts is very smart here. You might complain that was a no call but with a 3-2 lead in a must win game, I would not take a chance on interfering with the goaltender. They simply did not play smart enough to win.
The correct call just have been interference on the goaltender

Hockey MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 11:18 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheresBarnaby View Post
I cant believe this. No Penalty???????

The Devils have it coming to them. They have been on the lucky side of EVERY BIG CALL AND NON CALL this entrie season and its gonna come around to bite them sooner or later. If you believe in Karma, this team is destined for something bad to happen, maybe before the playoffs, maybe in them, i dont know.

I'm not wishing anything on them but when you see a season that it so one-sided with calls and bounces and everything its almost like this team is having too many things happen in their favor. Its ridiculous.

Maybe this will send a message to the rest of the league. Probably not. HOpefully this ******** hit by Janssen will tarnish the reputation of the Devils and theyll be looking at them more closely. I am disturbed that Toronto did nothing on the ice and go at some of their players. I also expect the league and Toronto to take the necessary actions and suspend this guy. HOW IS A PENALTY NOT CALLED THERE?!??!?!

Oh and that hit was Late, Undebateable, he left his feet and threw an elbow at Kaberles head. Totally f-up hit, shows no respect for the opposition from a classless hockey player. Nothing provoked it.

And if any Devil fan responds in defense of him dont expect me to refute the argument because i won't. Its wrong and you know it.

**** the Devils. **** the Devils. **** the Devils. **** the Devils.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 11:23 AM
Hockey MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheresBarnaby View Post
This league is going to ****. No call? What the **** are they looking at. No need to have 2 refs on the ice if they are not going to make the call. Just idiotic. Call the stupid ass hooking penalties but not on such a dangerous play, he didnt even start the check until after the pass was made, come on.

Old
03-03-2007, 11:25 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Perfect example here of the crap officiating.

We start a thread about possibly the worst call in Rangers history where a referee at center ice calls a goalie interference call while the ref in the corner has no call, and then it turns into a thread about a non call on a dangerous, cheap high elbow to a players head.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 11:29 AM
Hockey MD

And you see this all around the league. Dangerous plays are going unnoticed? by officials because they are looking for the interference calls.

Old
03-03-2007, 12:18 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
Anyone see the Devils game last night?

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=198481&hubname=nhl

So now, even players with a questionable history can skate around, elbowing opponents in the head with no recourse........as long as they're wearing a certain red sweater. It's really disgraceful.
At the very least, it's a play that doesn't have to be made. That is not finishing your check that was attempt to hurt someone. Dirty and irresponsible play. You have to respect the other team you're playing and the other players. That play showed none of that.

03-03-2007, 04:42 PM
lucky13
Iron Chic

that was just disgusting........i really dont know whatelse i can say just disgusting....

did anybody see that live.....just curious what doc and chico had to say....the devils are almost never wrong in their eyes.....

lucky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 04:45 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
So now, even players with a questionable history can skate around, elbowing opponents in the head with no recourse........as long as they're wearing a certain red sweater. It's really disgraceful.
I hate to defend the stupid ass thug, but there was no elbow and the hit would've been much more borderline had he not had to change direction and waited 10 minutes to hit the guy.

ECL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 04:52 PM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky13 View Post
that was just disgusting........i really dont know whatelse i can say just disgusting....

did anybody see that live.....just curious what doc and chico had to say....the devils are almost never wrong in their eyes.....
They tried to convince us it wasn't that late after multiple replays. Then they started talking about how Janssen is such a nice and classy guy and this was an "accident". You knew bias was just seeping through them during that play as usual.

On a side note, one of them couldn't shut up about Brodeur (forget which one know) the entire game. It seemed like every save he made was from some other world. Sorry, but I don't know how Devil's fans put up with it

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 04:58 PM
bleedblue94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Prescription View Post
I hate to defend the stupid ass thug, but there was no elbow and the hit would've been much more borderline had he not had to change direction and waited 10 minutes to hit the guy.
i agree and he left his feet on impact .... but THAT hit was VERY late

bleedblue94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 05:52 PM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Prescription View Post
I hate to defend the stupid ass thug...
The issue is whether it's a penalty or not. I don't know anything about the circumstances leading up to the incident, I just think you have to call any hit that's late and questionable. I doubt Janssen would have argued with such a call. Instead, officials turn a blind eye, then refuse to even comment on their decision.

If I saw this officiating standard applied equally to all 30 teams, then I wouldn't have a gripe with it's quality.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 06:03 PM
HenrikO'doyle

This hit should be pointed out to all the Devils fans who say Avery is a dirty player.

HenrikO'doyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 06:05 PM
Jersey Fresh
Video Et Taceo

Quote:
The issue is whether it's a penalty or not. I don't know anything about the circumstances leading up to the incident, I just think you have to call any hit that's late and questionable. I doubt Janssen would have argued with such a call. Instead, officials turn a blind eye, then refuse to even comment on their decision.

If I saw this officiating standard applied equally to all 30 teams, then I wouldn't have a gripe with it's quality.
The play was on its way up the other side of the ice. They didn't see it. Is that so unbelievable.

But you're right, the league-wide Devils reffing conspiracy theory is MUCH more plausible.

Jersey Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 06:14 PM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

Quote:
Whoa Whoa Whoa lets not get carried away

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 06:16 PM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowCard View Post
They didn't see it.
Exactly.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2007, 06:25 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Quote:

I think that the refs never saw the hit, Melrose. There's no way that they'd be doing their job if they weren't watching the play at hand rather than a trailing defender.

But this will probably open their eyes about Janssen up a bit and keep track of him better.

The guy has a history of throwing high hits and leaving the ice. Now while I don't think he did either of those on this hit, he still is in the wrong.

Old
03-03-2007, 06:26 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowCard View Post
The play was on its way up the other side of the ice. They didn't see it. Is that so unbelievable.
You should tell that to your fellow Devils fans who claim the refs were watching the hit all the way through and that they deemed it a clean hit.

If you don't believe me, check the most current Janssen thread on your board.

Old
03-03-2007, 06:27 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

BTW, since this thread has veered course I changed the title a bit to something more useful:

A catch-all thread for each time we get ****ed over!

Old
03-04-2007, 02:38 AM
ATLANTARANGER*

The whole purpose of the 2nd ref is to be trailing the play up ice and to watch for those things. This is what happens when the leagure refuses to instruct its own officals in how to properly position themselves. FAr too often the trailing ref is making calls that are 10-5 feet from the up ice offical who is right there. The trailing offical is the one to blame here. He obviously was not watching the play in his end but followed the puck up ice. He should be suspended for the same number of games as janice.

ATLANTARANGER* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 10:41 AM
John Torturella

Did anyone see Nylander get a stick to the face with blood? They should have finished OT on a 4-3 powerplay. Awful missed call

John Torturella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 12:43 PM
WheresBarnaby

Cam suspended for three games

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=198543&hubname=nhl

WheresBarnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 12:47 PM
nyrmessier011

Send a message via AIM to nyrmessier011
that was dirty, three games is sufficient

nyrmessier011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2007, 01:26 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

that was a terrible terrible hit, id give him 10 games.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote